Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, no. You need a one in a million chance for that. 1% is as good as dead.
    Hmm. Well it took us 450 wipes to kill M Argus. So one chance in 500, rounding up. I think that's fine as odds go. After that things just become unbelievable you see, Warcraft is a serious setting after all .

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Hmm. Well it took us 450 wipes to kill M Argus. So one chance in 500, rounding up. I think that's fine as odds go. After that things just become unbelievable you see, Warcraft is a serious setting after all .
    That's just regular causality, though. Also not how chances work.

Better stop this before i whip out the trousers of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping Sylvannas wins and becomes the Lich Queen for the next expansion. However, instead of focusing on icy death like Arthas, she has void powers of death so when we defeat her in the next expansion, it'll open up the void lord expansion.

That's 2 bad ass expansions right there!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Azeroth dies, all the azerite dies with it, and Sylvanas is forced on the defensive as the rejuvinated black empire comes to destroy her. The alliance is crippled and divided, unable to help, but the horde is too due to the divisions she herself caused.

There's a "bad end" that still yields the next expansion.
    We could now be in a race against time to see what happens first--the Old Gods breaking free to fully corrupt the world, or Sylvanas hastening the death of Azeroth through continuous escalation of the faction conflict, harmful use of Azerite, and raising enemies into Undeath.
    It occurred to me while reading this article on WoWhead that Sylvanas' true goal may be bigger than anyone has guessed. Theories are that she wants to be the new Lich King, or the new Bwansamdi, or is secretly a servent of N'Zoth. What if her plans have nothing to do with any of them. What if she knows that there is no hope to save Azeroth; the Titan soul is doomed to die. But rather than allow the Old Gods to corrupt Azeroth, she's been "hastening the death of Azeroth" because her ultimate goal is to raise Her as an undead Titan, which, as mentioned several times, might be immune to the whispers of the Void. She knows how controversial that would be to... well, basically everyone, but she doesn't care because she knows that it's the only way to "save" our world.
    /Catchphrase!

"So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
    When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late."

This quote feels more relevant now.

Teldrassil burned. Horde leaders dying etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evermynd View Post
    "So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
    When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late."

This quote feels more relevant now.

Teldrassil burned. Horde leaders dying etc.
    True, but who would ever trust what a dreadlord says, known for being traitorous and betraying allies left and right whenever it suits them. Wait a second....

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    It occurred to me while reading this article on WoWhead that Sylvanas' true goal may be bigger than anyone has guessed. Theories are that she wants to be the new Lich King, or the new Bwansamdi, or is secretly a servent of N'Zoth. What if her plans have nothing to do with any of them. What if she knows that there is no hope to save Azeroth; the Titan soul is doomed to die. But rather than allow the Old Gods to corrupt Azeroth, she's been "hastening the death of Azeroth" because her ultimate goal is to raise Her as an undead Titan, which, as mentioned several times, might be immune to the whispers of the Void. She knows how controversial that would be to... well, basically everyone, but she doesn't care because she knows that it's the only way to "save" our world.
    Or the one behind everything from the start is Azeroth in a move to force us deal with Nzoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    Arent all titans basicaly immune to corruption since they can kill it before it has a chance to take root? Isnt that the whole idea why they are targeting the "unborn"?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Arent all titans basicaly immune to corruption since they can kill it before it has a chance to take root? Isnt that the whole idea why they are targeting the "unborn"?
    Yes. The Void Lords tried to corrupt adult Titans and achieved squat in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I'm not sure there was any explicit mention of why it didn't work, but it was rather clear on the fact that it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Old Gods casually use the Void (they're literally made of it) and Underrot has several examples of Undead thralls for Ghuun. Part of the central conflict between Bwonsamdi and Ghuun was that Ghuun was taking souls from Bwonsamdi. Hell Ghuun straight resurrects Zul after his death to be a boss. The second boss of Underrot is also undead, controlled by Ghuun. Ghuun is the absolute weakest of all the Old Gods, so if he can do it they could do it.

Hell, Void Elves make some zombie dinosaurs to ride around on. The Void/Old Gods/whatever are fully capable of messing with the dead, undead and everything in between. Remember that Sylvanas is merely a powerful Banshee haunting her corpse. She's not the Lich King or something, just a spirit. If Old Gods can control other spirits like those in Underrot there's absolutely no reason that she should be immune.
    Sounds logic. I appreciate your answer