Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account

Sylvanas to be the big bad of the next expansion? (Spoilers)

I could see Sylvanas being the boss of the next expansion. Not this one. This expansion is about setting her up as a villain but we've got N'Zoth and Azshara to deal with. The next expansion will be full on Sylvanas as the big bad from start to finish. Think of BFA as her Warcraft 3 and the next expansion as her Wrath of the Lich King.

Since we seem to revisit themes a lot we haven't really had a undead themed expansion in a very long time and that might be their big attempt to draw people back in to the game. Sylvanas is one of the biggest characters there is.

I could see the next expansion to be a war between the dead and the living and it would be cool if it had a cataclysm style revamp only instead of Twilight's Hammer and dragons it was lots of undead.

And I think that could be what brings Bolvar back in to the story and maybe even Bwonsamdi. A death themed expansion.

What Sylvanas will realize is that the real problem is the living. The living will never see it her way. The Horde are all turning on her because being alive is what makes them weak.

And maybe this could finally be the expansion that Anduin actually gets to shine. Not just at the start but throughout the whole thing. As for Horde, maybe Liadrin, Baine or Calia (who could replace Sylvanas in leading the Forsaken that stay loyal to The Horde) will be their light themed hero.

I think what happened to Derek Proudmoore and Calia Menethil could be planting the seeds for the next expansion. And also, Taelia being brought in to the story is obviously setting up something with Bolvar who is also undead.

And just a little side thing: it would be cool if the final battle against her took place in the burned down Teldrassil. That whole place could be revamped as a zone or two.

Anyway, what do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely. My bet Kerrigan 2.0.

Not the big bad, but the reason we go there.

She is likely to go out in a cutscene.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Unlikely. My bet Kerrigan 2.0.
    Isn't that Illidan?

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Isn't that Illidan?
    No, Kerrigan essentially became an angel.
    Illidan pulled Tal'Rasha 2.0.

So Sylvanas becomes either Garrosh 2.0, Tal'Rasha 3.0 (As jailor of N'zoth), or Kerrigan 2.0 as being the golden savior... yay. All classic Blizzard universes covered. :P

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    No, Kerrigan essentially became an angel.
    Illidan pulled Tal'Rasha 2.0.

So Sylvanas becomes either Garrosh 2.0, Tal'Rasha 3.0 (As jailor of N'zoth), or Kerrigan 2.0 as being the golden savior... yay. All classic Blizzard universes covered. :P
    I'm voting the Kerrigan as they have a hard on for her to begin with.

We still really don't know what she convinced Helya to do

Most likely ends as champion of death or whatever once (if) we go to the Shadowlands.

What was the spoiler tag for? This is all speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others are speculating, she's gonna be WoW's version of Kerrigan aka Illidan 2.0. She clearly knows something she's not telling anyone and wants to go out of her way to fix whatever the problem is on her own without any help. She's essentially trying to be a martyr and goes about it whatever way she deems necessary, even if it means having sacrifices on the way to achieving the greater good.

I hope not. The last thing I feel this story needs is another "Sylvanas does bad things" expansion.

Sylvanas as the big bad boss would not be a worthwhile endeavor because it would just be a Lick King 2.0 expansion, and if Blizzzard hasn't learned yet that using previous expansion themes again is a bad idea (WoD), then they are lost.

People keep saying "but Blizzard said it won't be Garrosh 2.0!" but all that means is that the story line won't be identical. We already see many similarities between her rule as Warchief and that of Garrosh's. Sylvanas' character is doomed unless she gets a redemption arc which would seem kind of lame at this point.

She'll probably be the Gul'dan.

She'll take her role as the enemy of life. But end up being a servant to a greater evil.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Not the big bad, but the reason we go there.

She is likely to go out in a cutscene.
    Agreed with that. She will be the link to the next expansion like Gul'Dan in WoD to Legion or the wound in Silithus at the end of Legion.