Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    As a phycisian I can attest to the fact nurses are the back-bone of any hospital. They work hard, make long hours make a fraction of what we do and get even less appreciation. I literally smacked a colleague for repeatedly treating some of our nurses as slaves. Yes, I got into a bit of trouble, but in the end the board stood behind me and the man responsibe got a reprimand.
    ...and this is why my law degree will never be worthless.

Do you think you could have used your words next time? *mom voice* Fucking Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    ...and this is why my law degree will never be worthless.

Do you think you could have used your words next time? *mom voice* Fucking Christ.
    Hey, I never said it was a smart thing to do.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You must have also missed the part in more than one study, including the same part of that sentence that you quoted, that said that an increase in errors at work started to increase over 8.5 hours. The level of statistical analysis that you're going to get from these studies are as good as you're going to get in studies involving human subjects in non-controlled settings. If you have research that counters those findings then feel free to link them.

Just so you know, I looked into this topic and apparently there are several nurses that are also concerned about long shifts due to reasons involving the health of nurses and patient care. I'm sad to see that you are not one of them. You do not seem like someone who should be in charge of patients, if you're putting your desire for 12 hour shifts above objective research data and making weak excuses about how changing shift lengths will involve time and effort. I hope that's not the case.

I also agree that shift length is certainly not the only variable, but I've said that in the thread already.
    Again with the ad hominem. Come on! As it turns out, I don't work 12 hour shifts, thus I don't have any interest/desire in keeping my 12 hour shifts-because I don't work them. This little spat between us is when you dismissed how much of a logistics issue it would be to convert the majority of 65,000+ RNs in an entire state, and all the pitfalls and problems that would cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I have never known any nurse in my life (relatives, GFs, etc) that was not an extremely hard worker and didn't almost always complain about how stressful and nonstop work is.

I was going to say how can anybody be so out of touch, but then I saw the (R) next to her name and it made more sense.
    Yeah, all Republicans must share her view.

What a dumb bitch, probably projection since it looks like she sits on her ass all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So I'm confused... is this a support the nurses thread, or bash the Rs thread?
    It's bash someone that's out of touch period thread.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-04-21 at 08:37 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Still not as dumb as AOC or Ilhan Omar.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Yet ANOTHER Republican politician who doesn't have a fucking clue about the goings on in this world. As someone who grew up in a nursing family, as someone who IS a nurse I can speak how inaccurate this woman's views are of nurses. Nurses often times miss their breaks and lunches because the demand of patient care is so high. Nurses often don't have time to go to the bathroom when they need to because they have to do patient care, console a family who just lost a loved one, give medications to patients who desperately need it, and are late leaving for home because there was too much going on to be released when their shift was supposed to end. How about we take this bitch and make her work a standard shift shadowing a nurse in a hospital and maybe she'll see how much card playing nurses do in the day!

IMO they need to get it out of the governments hands and let the nurses handle it. Most politicians democrat or republican don’t have a clue of what everyday Americans go through and need.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Again with the ad hominem. Come on! As it turns out, I don't work 12 hour shifts, thus I don't have any interest/desire in keeping my 12 hour shifts-because I don't work them. This little spat between us is when you dismissed how much of a logistics issue it would be to convert the majority of 65,000+ RNs in an entire state, and all the pitfalls and problems that would cause.
    If you know that a practice causes harm to patients and nurses alike, why fight so hard to maintain the status quo? I'm acknowledging that it would be a transition initially but would have long-term benefits for the profession. Also hopefully for MDs and other health care professionals.

I would think it depends entirely on the location, like city, type of hospital, the station in question, current amount of patients, etc.. I've surely seen some nurses on some stations in our backwater hospital that didn't exactly seem to be having a hard time, at least during visiting hours. But I certainly know nurses in the next major city that are not that fortunate.

A senator spouting such undifferentiated stuff is not exactly reasuring though.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-04-21 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I get they want to work 12 hour shifts... but why? Instead of working 3 days a week for 12 hours, why not 4 days a week for 9 hours? The math works the same plus you get time to relax. I wouldn't want to be in a hospital that has a nurse that has worked for 12 hours and is probably very tired.
    You wouldn't be getting taken care of by a nurse that worked for 12 hours because they are clocking out and going home...

Most of people's lives is spent pretending to be busy while wasting time. We have a weird obsession with measure work done based on how productive they seem, rather than how productive they are. If there's no work to do, why should they be working? If they're doing their rounds and attending patients properly, who cares what they're doing on their down time?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Nurses are one of the most sensitive groups of people. Always bitching about how hard their job is and acting like they are the saviors of the world. I appreciate what nurses do and the stress they are under, but all they do is bitch. My timeline is filled with nurses crying about this. Sharing memes about playing cards, signing online petitions about this.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Nurses are one of the most sensitive groups of people. Always bitching about how hard their job is and acting like they are the saviors of the world. I appreciate what nurses do and the stress they are under, but all they do is bitch. My timeline is filled with nurses crying about this. Sharing memes about playing cards, signing online petitions about this.
    I'm sure this lady was in a hospital, couldn't get the service she expected and then saw some nurses sitting around gossiping or something and figured that was all nurses all shifts. There's also probably plenty of calling everyone a nurse that happens to be in scrubs or in a hospital.

That said, my aunt was a nurse and now works at a nursing school. I know a few folks through the years that got into nursing because the promise is good money for a little training and the gov will pay for the training. Half of them hated it and quit for nearly anything else. When a recent coworker was in school and talking about it, I told her to make sure to prepare for reality. The reality is, PEOPLE SUCK! People suck even worse when they're sick and want extra attention like they're the only person in the hospital. If I were a nurse, my first day would end in handcuffs after I smothered half these self-important jackasses with the pillow they had to have so bad they called 20 times for it! But, I mean, that's why I'm not a nurse, because I'm not that guy.

As for most sensitive, I'd give that to teachers. I had some good teachers in my life, but they were the vast minority. Most teachers I had will be easily replaced by AI's tailored to the experience and not having to worry about class sizes.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    H-have you held a job? Like, ever?

Short of being self-employed, literally everyone I know bitches about their job. Like, from retail to engineering firms, to government services.

Seriously, get a senator to say that Plant Operators are lazy bums who play cards all day, and you'll get the exact same reaction, except it'll be mostly grown men doing the bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolly View Post
    My sister (nurse) had some choice things to say about this. This woman has no idea what kind of shit (sometimes literal) that nurses have to deal with. Just having a 5 minute conversation with a nurse would’ve prevented this stream of idiocy.
    My ex-gf is a nurse and I am still friends with her and a bunch of her friends on social media.. I have never seen any group of people hate one being in such unison based on the posts I've seen this week

It is very likely that this will be her first and last term..

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    H-have you held a job? Like, ever?

Short of being self-employed, literally everyone I know bitches about their job. Like, from retail to engineering firms, to government services.

Seriously, get a senator to say that Plant Operators are lazy bums who play cards all day, and you'll get the exact same reaction, except it'll be mostly grown men doing the bitching.
    Yes, I have had several jobs. I understand everyone bitches abt their job but nurses seem to do it the most. They all act as if they are oppressed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm sure this lady was in a hospital, couldn't get the service she expected and then saw some nurses sitting around gossiping or something and figured that was all nurses all shifts. There's also probably plenty of calling everyone a nurse that happens to be in scrubs or in a hospital.

That said, my aunt was a nurse and now works at a nursing school. I know a few folks through the years that got into nursing because the promise is good money for a little training and the gov will pay for the training. Half of them hated it and quit for nearly anything else. When a recent coworker was in school and talking about it, I told her to make sure to prepare for reality. The reality is, PEOPLE SUCK! People suck even worse when they're sick and want extra attention like they're the only person in the hospital. If I were a nurse, my first day would end in handcuffs after I smothered half these self-important jackasses with the pillow they had to have so bad they called 20 times for it! But, I mean, that's why I'm not a nurse, because I'm not that guy.

As for most sensitive, I'd give that to teachers. I had some good teachers in my life, but they were the vast minority. Most teachers I had will be easily replaced by AI's tailored to the experience and not having to worry about class sizes.
    That's true. And I forgot abt teachers lol.

What an ignorant twat. Just looking at her I'd say it's probably safe to assume that she sits on her ass for 95% of her day.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    My ex-gf is a nurse and I am still friends with her and a bunch of her friends on social media.. I have never seen any group of people hate one being in such unison based on the posts I've seen this week

It is very likely that this will be her first and last term..
    Yeah. She REALLY kicked the hornet’s nest on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Sorry, I had to pause the movie I am watching while working to read this article. I mean the people elect idiots, they should expect idiot laws and regulations.