Poll: Texas vs California

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Texas vs California

Which would you rather live in if you had to?

Personally neither but if I had to choose.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-04-20 at 05:53 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    california. Hotter woman and better weed
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    california. Hotter woman and better weed
    Yeah but in Texas you can wear a cowboy hat, they have lower state taxes and water I think. I could be wrong about the water or freshwater rather.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas isnt covered in shit and you can actually afford to live here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Texas isnt covered in shit
    *Looks at the ranches in Texas, then back.*
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Texas isnt covered in shit and you can actually afford to live here.
    Can’t buy a Tesla though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah but in Texas you can wear a cowboy hat, they have lower state taxes and water I think. I could be wrong about the water or freshwater rather.
    State taxes really do not matter much since the IRS allows you to deduct state taxes from your income tax. Californians may pay a bunch of state tax, but Texans pay a bunch more federal tax to even it out.

I've lived in both and the biggest deciding factor is climate. I cannot stand Texas climate and I can only imagine the people who live there have never left the state, because if they did they'd pack up and move as soon as possible.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2019-04-20 at 06:09 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Can’t buy a Tesla though.
    Really?

Teslas everywhere in SF. It was pretty funny watching somebody trying to load a bunch 2 x 4s on top of a Tesla at a Lowe's in San Francisco.

- - - Updated - - -

No state income tax, but the property tax is nasty. For somebody with investment properties, CA is a lot better.

CA only for the weather. Otherwise, if both had the same weather, Texas easy.

In Texas currently but I'm about to move to a more middle ground between the two (so I think) in Phoenix, AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    State taxes really do not matter much since the IRS allows you to deduct state taxes from your income tax. Californians may pay a bunch of state tax, but Texans pay a bunch more federal tax to even it out.

I've lived in both and the biggest deciding factor is climate. I cannot stand Texas climate and I can only imagine the people who live there have never left the state, because if they did they'd pack up and move as soon as possible.
    are you on drugs? state taxes have a massive impact. lol id know, ive lived in WA, CO, and now CA

hmmm. voted texas. cause i can't tolerate california's extremism.

but, northern california's supposedly not that bad.

guess it depends which state has an area that never gets tornados.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

Tornadoes are everywhere, its earthquakes versus hurricanes.

I lived in CA, and only stayed 6 months before I had enough and went back to WA. State income taxes were a bitch when making 6 figures.

Crowded, expensive. Weather was nice. And I was in San Diego, which isn't as big a craphole as San Francisco is. No experience with LA.

Haven't been to Texas, but I've heard good things. Then again, I also heard good things about California.

I'd say CA would be nice if you're making over 250k-300k, but if you're middle class/upper middle class, ugh.

As for the stereotypes about CA girls and Texas girls, I'll take the Texas girl every time.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Tornadoes are everywhere, its earthquakes versus hurricanes.
    what about up around the desert area of texas?

probably no tornados there, right?

I enjoyed the Dallas Fort Worth area when i lived there for 2-3 years. I never enjoyed any time i went to California.

In 2015 tornadoes killed 28 people in Dallas, TX.

There have been tornadoes in CA but they are rare and pretty weak. I can't find any recorded tornado death in CA.

Not as many as you'd expect, but still a thing. Oddly enough, the desert areas get to see more snow than you'd probably expect, so that poses its own unique... challenges.

I live in Texas, went to Cali for a few Blizzcons. Well and truly enjoyed my temporary visits, but "home sweet home" and all that Besides, where else can you live that has extremes of all 4 seasons nearly year round? SE where I live? Summer, Hell, Summer Lite, Summer Zero (with a week of "winter"). West? Autumn, Summer, Satan's Anus, Exact Opposite of Satan's Anus. North (granted I haven't been much farther north than Dallas)? Spring-ish. Summer. Summer Lite. Winter-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazurath View Post
    Not as many as you'd expect, but still a thing. Oddly enough, the desert areas get to see more snow than you'd probably expect, so that poses its own unique... challenges.

I live in Texas, went to Cali for a few Blizzcons. Well and truly enjoyed my temporary visits, but "home sweet home" and all that Besides, where else can you live that has extremes of all 4 seasons nearly year round? SE where I live? Summer, Hell, Summer Lite, Summer Zero (with a week of "winter"). West? Autumn, Summer, Satan's Anus, Exact Opposite of Satan's Anus. North (granted I haven't been much farther north than Dallas)? Spring-ish. Summer. Summer Lite. Winter-ish.
    i've always wanted to live somewhere in arizona to get away from tornados. figured they didn't really have them in the deep desert areas.

electrical storms, sure. but, i'm not really scared of those.

Yeah but if you choose Texas:

Tou'll drink water polluted by fossil fuel corps since they gained the rights to drop their waste water in drinkable waterways.

And get executed for having an abortion.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah death penalty for an abortion is totally being sensible human beings.