Poll: Texas vs California

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Why didn't you put a "neither" option then? lol Like......this forum man my lord
    Big Instarted this based on the fact people bitch about California or are Texas how many would life where. I considered New York vs California but wanted a Red vs Blue state.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

i live in a town outside Yosemite so the weather isn't nearly as hot as the valley of Cali. i also think Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places in the world and i get snow a few times a year. so with all that id rather not move but if i had to it wouldn't be Texas.

CA because it’s more progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Ya think?.... welcome to hell

Already there, really.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    north carolina.

things really aren't as redneck here as people think. majority of the state's rather neutral feeling.
    Here's the first thing that comes up when I google "North Carolina law":

NC has some of the strictest marijuana laws in the country, this proposal seeks to change that
    Huh. Kind of seems like North Carolina thinks it has the right to micromanage your life there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

All that has to happen for California to become like a 3rd world country is for Silicon valley to peace out.

Texas.

So happy I moved here. DFW is a great area to live in.

Only been to Texas, was around the San Antonio area in January it was absolutely perfect weather.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dwarf View Post
    All that has to happen for California to become like a 3rd world country is for Silicon valley to peace out.
    Sure...Come back when you're not talking out your arse.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_California
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    even austin isnt that great because the city is so gerrymandered that the left-wing residents have no power over their own city, its all delegated to the rednecks in the surrounding hills.
    Didn't say Austin was great.. I said it was semi-normal
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by The Dwarf View Post
    It is finally out.
    Value of Venture Capital Investment in United States in 2018, by state (in million U.S. dollars)
    . California has long way to go down to 3rd world country status.

Last edited by Rasulis; 2019-04-21 at 06:23 PM.

I voted CA but I don't like either, mostly due to CA overcrowding and how narcissistic a good part of the state is. If the state population dropped by 80% then I'd move there.

As for Texas...Alaskans don't like TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I voted CA but I don't like either, mostly due to CA overcrowding and how narcissistic a good part of the state is. If the state population dropped by 80% then I'd move there.

As for Texas...Alaskans don't like TX.
    As long as your job does not require you to go downtown, it is actually not too bad. There are still a lot of empty spaces in CA. Even along the coastal regions. It takes me around 41 minutes (24 miles) on a two-lane winding country road to get to work. No traffic. Our closest humanoid neighbor is a house across the canyon.

I'm planning on visiting America, and absolutely Texas is where I would go.
    If I like it, I would love a little house in the middle of nowhere, but I can't give up internet. Would have to compromise somehow.

Been to California like 5+ times, and haven’t been to Texas. Voted California.

Quote Originally Posted by Magarni View Post
    i live in a town outside Yosemite so the weather isn't nearly as hot as the valley of Cali. i also think Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places in the world and i get snow a few times a year. so with all that id rather not move but if i had to it wouldn't be Texas.
    I am jealous. I would love to live next to Yosemite. We brought our RV to Yosemite before Christmas last year. It was fun to be in Yosemite and do rock climbing without having to deal with the summer crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    I live in California. It's a shithole. Anyone who isn't on the dole or already incredibly wealthy is fleeing the state right now.

Once I get my education I'm outta here.

So yeah, Texas.
    Why don't you get your education in one of those non shit hole states?

Texas. Ranches look comfy, I could LARP as cowboy and I heard that there is some Czech community there

10+ Year Old Account
    im obviously very pro Texas, as long as you stay in the citys or even the suburbs. Rural Texas is uh...I dont have much positive to say beyond its pretty.

California was also pretty cool form my visits there, but the CoL is too high unless you go extremely far out from any city center.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Texas. Ranches look comfy, I could LARP as cowboy and I heard that there is some Czech community there
    Central Texas is pretty heavily German / Czech ancestry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazurath View Post
    Not as many as you'd expect, but still a thing. Oddly enough, the desert areas get to see more snow than you'd probably expect, so that poses its own unique... challenges.

I live in Texas, went to Cali for a few Blizzcons. Well and truly enjoyed my temporary visits, but "home sweet home" and all that Besides, where else can you live that has extremes of all 4 seasons nearly year round? SE where I live? Summer, Hell, Summer Lite, Summer Zero (with a week of "winter"). West? Autumn, Summer, Satan's Anus, Exact Opposite of Satan's Anus. North (granted I haven't been much farther north than Dallas)? Spring-ish. Summer. Summer Lite. Winter-ish.
    Late reply but Tennessee would like to invite you to come experience what its like to have every season happen in the same week. Our motto is "if you don't like the weather wait a minute it'll change". My sinuses stay so confused