Poll: Should people drive cars that "fit their size"

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Unpopular opinion: Cars you drive

So on the way back from the grocery store just now I saw something that made me remember something about the place I just moved from 6 months ago. That town had this couple who were both rather large (both the guy & the girl were 300+ lbs) and they drove around in one of those small ass Fiats. To me, it looked like they were crammed in the car and honestly couldn't fit properly in it. Its just my opinion but I think that fat people (I say that as being someone who is formerly morbidly obese) shouldn't be driving around in these tiny ass cars but should get something that "fits them properly". I've seen guys who were like 6'4"+ and/or 350+ lbs driving Madza Miatas too which just made me scratch my head too.

To clarify, these are the types of cars I'm talking about.

Last edited by gaymer77; 2019-04-20 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So on the way back from the grocery store just now I saw something that made me remember something about the place I just moved from 6 months ago. That town had this couple who were both rather large (both the guy & the girl were 300+ lbs) and they drove around in one of those small ass Fiats. To me, it looked like they were crammed in the car and honestly couldn't fit properly in it. Its just my opinion but I think that fat people (I say that as being someone who is formerly morbidly obese) shouldn't be driving around in these tiny ass cars but should get something that "fits them properly". I've seen guys who were like 6'4"+ and/or 350+ lbs driving Madza Miatas too which just made me scratch my head too.
    Their cars, their lives.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah get what you want but for safety it should fit ya
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Pretty stupid poll. Buy what you want obviously.

If anything, it’s another reason for fat people to get in shape.

That would be hilarious if their car stalled because it couldn't carry their fat ass around anymore and the engine died due to the strain but no they can buy whatever car they want and we can laugh at them if that happens.

You mean like why do single people drive giant SUVs?, when they're clearly not 700lbs?
    Agreed.

If you are asking why someone drives a Miata, aka roadster style sports car, then you're a moron. Sports cars are for everyone.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is my new car. I'm 5 ft 4 and 80KG.

FITE ME.

I'm 6'1 and I am much more comfortable driving a large SUV, because I prefer to sit up straight, for my knees to be level with my hips, and for my head to not be touching the roof, which is impossible in any sedan. That being said, people should obviously do whatever they want, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another weird ass fat shaming thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    That would be hilarious if their car stalled because it couldn't carry their fat ass around anymore and the engine died due to the strain but no they can buy whatever car they want and we can laugh at them if that happens.
    Even a small car weighs over 1000kg. Somebody that weighs 200kg is only going to increase the weight that the car has to move by less than 20%.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's the opposite. Drive what you want.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    You should drive what you want and/or can afford as long as it's legal.

That said...I just pictured The Mountain from Game of Thrones in one of those Smart cars, and it made me chuckle a bit.

those small cars look like escape pods.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    This is my new car. I'm 5 ft 4 and 80KG.

FITE ME.
    That is clearly waaay to much car for you.

Have you considered getting a Honda S660?

And so begins your Kei car obsession Actually the S660 is a bit metrosexual, I like the idea but would probably go for a Suzuki cappuccino or a Mazda AZ-1. Unfortunately neither are currently in production.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    That is clearly waaay to much car for you.

Have you considered getting a Honda S660?

And so begins your Kei car obsession Actually the S660 is a bit metrosexual, I like the idea but would probably go for a Suzuki cappuccino or a Mazda AZ-1. Unfortunately neither are currently in production.
    That actually looks pretty cool tbh. I'd buy one...

10+ Year Old Account
    That fiat you posted is rather Roomy on the inside despite it's rather small size

No* because who gives a fuck honestly.

*Unless you're in Europe. The amount of people i see driving around in Ford Rangers (and other similar pickups) is fucking stupid, when our roads in the UK for instance look like this:

compared to common American roads, which look like this:

Like, holy shit. This is how that same street would look in the UK:

STOP BUYING GIANT AMERICAN CARS TO DRIVE IN THE UK YOU DUMB FUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    No* because who gives a fuck honestly.

*Unless you're in Europe. The amount of people i see driving around in Ford Rangers (and other similar pickups) is fucking stupid, when our roads in the UK for instance look like this:

compared to common American roads, which look like this:

Like, holy shit. This is how that same street would look in the UK:

STOP BUYING GIANT AMERICAN CARS TO DRIVE IN THE UK YOU DUMB FUCKS
    That's probably because most Americans roads were developed much more recently after modern cars. British roads are ancient really, towns were built before any type of automobiles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post

To clarify, these are the types of cars I'm talking about.

I've driven them and they are comfortable and gas efficient. I'm 5'10"/270 and it was a pleasure. Just sucks if you want to buy anything large.