Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    DK frost changes. How to call blizzard for attention?

    I tried yesterday this build on DK Frost and i really would like for blizzard to look into it. Because it's so fluid and has uptime (with haste and mastery):
    (HoA) Vision of Perfection (as Major) - Blood of the enemy (as Minor) - Passive
    (Talents) Inexorable Assault - Murderous Efficiency - Asphyxiate - Avalanche - Permafrost - Frostwyrm's Fury - Obliteration

    For this to actually work better and with a great damage, synergy and be viable i suggest to buff the baseline abilities such as obliterate, etc.
    I tried this on PTR for 8.2, and MY GOD, the uptime was insane.

    There's a problem with this build, however, is that currently baseline abilities give almost no damage, on 8.1 and since the start of bfa, it has been nerfed, the builds have been relying on and around Breath of Syndragosa, that's where all the damage comes from, and that doesn't make frost dk players compete, not even with their own unholy spec.


    Personally: Many players including me, love frost abilities more than unholy but are stuck using a pet and spread diseases, we love the ice not the plague.

    I hope it comes to live with some buffed baseline abilities by around 24%, they are forgotten.
    I don't know how to call blizzard for attention to this, they need to really see it, can't let frost dks be bad a whole xpac!
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-04-20 at 12:00 PM.

  2. #2
    I think Blizzard stated earlier (can't remember when or where) that in 8.2 they would focus on changing talents that turned out to be lackluster and never used by the playerbase.

    So Obliteration and Icecap is most likely going to be changed, somewhat. Considering neither has been useful for anything at all during this expansion. BoS pretty much dominated for both pve and pvp. So I think we can expect to see some changes...

    Also, I think you posted this on the wrong forums. Shouldn't this be on the death knight forums?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    Personally: Many player including me, love frost abilities more than unholy but are stuck using a pet and spread diseases, we love the ice not the plague.

    I hope it comes to live with some buffed baseline abilities by around 24%, they are forgotten.
    The worst specs (with more mobility) around Unholy and Frost simDPS got major buffs the last time and only both DK DPS specs got unchanged. So we stayed not only last in simDPS but last in simDPS and now even more behind (15-20% behind #1). Since the top specs are multi-dot classes and are allready 20% ahead in single-target fights, in multi-dot raid encounter design, with heavy movement fights, the 15-20% difference leads to much more in real DPS (logs).

    Basicly both specs are dead weight for any kind of raids.

    Good luck with your wishes, blizzard does ignore the mechanical flaws with both DPS specs since BfA, ignoring the heavy balancing issues for this class only and the first iterration of the new powers pretty much keeps up the negativ record and they are one of the worst compared what other classes got.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  4. #4
    Oh oops (about the wrong section), i'm new to this forum. My apologies.

    That is why i'm asking how to contact blizzard, every suggestion i send in game, i'm almost pretty sure they don't see it.

    Obliteration is just fun, and killing machine, rime procs, all that is a fun playstyle for frost, on Legion they were perfect like that, in my honest opinion, i was almost maining my dk, then bfa came and i stopped, cause 1. i don't like unholy, second i hate waiting for a big CD such as breath of syndragosa to give a big amount of damage.

    This playstyle in the build i just showed is by far, the best, you can keep it maintained and not relying damage on a big CD since the start of bfa, having no love whatsoever by blizzard.
    If you see any damage meters for Battle of Dazar'alor, if you see a single frost dk, they are at the bottom, which is not even the case, because they go blood or unholy, that's how bad this spec has been, it seems they are just auto attacking, runic starved until breath of syndragosa is available, there's no fun at all with this current build.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Good luck with your wishes, blizzard does ignore the mechanical flaws with both DPS specs since BfA, ignoring the heavy balancing issues for this class only and the first iterration of the new powers pretty much keeps up the negativ record and they are one of the worst compared what other classes got.
    Thank you, i really have hope on my side but hope isn't enough sometimes.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-04-20 at 07:51 PM.

  5. #5
    Frost DK, and to small extent Unholy DK, are in a bad spot right now. Very saddening.

  6. #6
    I noticed that on PTR (8.2) i can buy the "Blood of enemy" (Epic quality essence) but it costs PVP playing on live (such as battlegrounds and brawls wins on the season 2 or 3), some may or may not be able to use this essence, depending on their playstyle but there's more things to choose that gives a whole new and good experience with the HoA System.

    On the other hand, if they buff baseline abilities, as i suggested, then the worry about the stats will be way less, the more damage on baseline abilities, less will be the resources needed to give damage.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-04-21 at 10:24 AM.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

    Frost

    Runic Empowerment has a 2.0% chance to proc per Runic Power spent (from 1.5%)
    Frost Fever’s chance to generate Runic Power increased to 30%
    Chance now diminishes on targets beyond the first
    Breath of Sindragosa now has double the usual chance to proc Runic Empowerment
    Breath of Sindragosa costs 18 Runic Power/sec (from 15)
    Developers’ Note: Frost was starved of resources too often, especially when using Breath of Sindragosa. This increases Frosts’s Rune income baseline and includes a further change that returns many extra Runes while using Breath of Sindragosa. Breath builds will now be able to fill more global cooldowns with casts of Obliterate, to make up for the lost Frost Strikes. The cost of Breath itself is increased to keep its overall duration roughly unchanged.
    I am unsure whether to be happy that Blizzard remembers DKs still exist or disappointed they think DKs are fine dmgwise and Frost only needs tuning to its resourceflow to play better.

    I think I'll go with disappointed.

  8. #8
    Obviously disappointed aswell because I'm getting a little tired of having to rely solely on BoS to be able to do anything. Wish we had, at least, an option to choose not to play with BoS.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Reaper0329's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Obviously disappointed aswell because I'm getting a little tired of having to rely solely on BoS to be able to do anything. Wish we had, at least, an option to choose not to play with BoS.
    This. While I'm pleased by the prospect of less autoattack time (as that was frankly outrageous), the fact that my top three damage sources are BoS > Frost Fever > Auto attack (from memory in Uldir; order may be wrong) should say something.

  10. #10
    Memory of the Lucid Dream (as Major) - Engine of Ceaseless progress (as Minor) essences on PTR have an amazing synergy with BoS and the rune generation, then in level 65 you can unlock another trait and Blood of the enemy seems a good complement for this 2 essences

    - - - Updated - - -

    Cold heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Frostwyrm's Fury - BoS

    It's the talents that makes it work too
    Good Aoe and Single target

    Breath of Sindragosa has actually uptime with this new changes and essences

    - - - Updated - - -

    Unfortunately vision of perfection essence got nerfed and there will be many changes during the PTR. I miss obliteration build

    For obliteration:
    (Talents) Cold heart - Murderous efficiency - Frostscythe or Avalanche (depending on the fights but Frostscythe being prioritized) - Frostwyrm's Fury - Obliteration
    (HoA) Blood of the Enemy (as Major) and Engine of Ceaseless progress (as Minor)

    I'm loving this combination. Haste gear on with this is non-stop! I love it! And the Killing machine got buffed so it synergies even more now


    The image is for the obliteration build and look at damage meter, it's insane!

    Maintained dps is 46k on Aoe dummy. New Killing Machine changes makes this great but the secret is also on HoA essences on PTR, i'm excited. There's so much to do with it, i hope they don't mess it up, so much it can be done
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-04-24 at 02:03 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    Memory of the Lucid Dream (as Major) - Engine of Ceaseless progress (as Minor) essences on PTR have an amazing synergy with BoS and the rune generation, then in level 65 you can unlock another trait and Blood of the enemy seems a good complement for this 2 essences

    - - - Updated - - -

    Cold heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Frostwyrm's Fury - BoS

    It's the talents that makes it work too
    Good Aoe and Single target

    Breath of Sindragosa has actually uptime with this new changes and essences

    - - - Updated - - -

    Unfortunately vision of perfection essence got nerfed and there will be many changes during the PTR. I miss obliteration build

    For obliteration:
    (Talents) Cold heart - Murderous efficiency - Frostscythe or Avalanche (depending on the fights but Frostscythe being prioritized) - Frostwyrm's Fury - Obliteration
    (HoA) Blood of the Enemy (as Major) and Engine of Ceaseless progress (as Minor)

    I'm loving this combination. Haste gear on with this is non-stop! I love it! And the Killing machine got buffed so it synergies even more now


    The image is for the obliteration build and look at damage meter, it's insane!

    Maintained dps is 46k on Aoe dummy. New Killing Machine changes makes this great but the secret is also on HoA essences on PTR, i'm excited. There's so much to do with it, i hope they don't mess it up, so much it can be done
    The obliteration build i played was very fun and the damage was really high. I see no reason to play BoS if things stay this way.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    The obliteration build i played was very fun and the damage was really high. I see no reason to play BoS if things stay this way.
    It's a really fun playstyle, full of effects, you can see the procs on your screen, for rime, for killing machine, the synergy is so much more enjoyable. I loved trying this on PTR, was so fun

  13. #13
    I would probably resub if BoS was not mandatory to do near optimal dps.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

    Frost

    Runic Empowerment has a 2.0% chance to proc per Runic Power spent (from 1.5%)
    Frost Fever’s chance to generate Runic Power increased to 30%
    Chance now diminishes on targets beyond the first
    Breath of Sindragosa now has double the usual chance to proc Runic Empowerment
    Breath of Sindragosa costs 18 Runic Power/sec (from 15)
    Developers’ Note: Frost was starved of resources too often, especially when using Breath of Sindragosa. This increases Frosts’s Rune income baseline and includes a further change that returns many extra Runes while using Breath of Sindragosa. Breath builds will now be able to fill more global cooldowns with casts of Obliterate, to make up for the lost Frost Strikes. The cost of Breath itself is increased to keep its overall duration roughly unchanged.
    I am unsure whether to be happy that Blizzard remembers DKs still exist or disappointed they think DKs are fine dmgwise and Frost only needs tuning to its resourceflow to play better.

    I think I'll go with disappointed.
    Ugh still focusing on BoS,.. I wish they’d give it to UH as unholy blight

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

    Frost

    Runic Empowerment has a 2.0% chance to proc per Runic Power spent (from 1.5%)
    Frost Fever’s chance to generate Runic Power increased to 30%
    Chance now diminishes on targets beyond the first
    Breath of Sindragosa now has double the usual chance to proc Runic Empowerment
    Breath of Sindragosa costs 18 Runic Power/sec (from 15)
    Developers’ Note: Frost was starved of resources too often, especially when using Breath of Sindragosa. This increases Frosts’s Rune income baseline and includes a further change that returns many extra Runes while using Breath of Sindragosa. Breath builds will now be able to fill more global cooldowns with casts of Obliterate, to make up for the lost Frost Strikes. The cost of Breath itself is increased to keep its overall duration roughly unchanged.
    I am unsure whether to be happy that Blizzard remembers DKs still exist or disappointed they think DKs are fine dmgwise and Frost only needs tuning to its resourceflow to play better.

    I think I'll go with disappointed.
    Its close to every class really has one viable spec.. this expac its unholy especially if you pvp ..

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemicmustdie View Post
    Its close to every class really has one viable spec.. this expac its unholy especially if you pvp ..
    Legion had unholy dominating over frost but frost was still more viable than what it is now on bfa. Unfortunately.

    How do you post those blizzard blue posts here?

    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ming/163552/24
    Blizzard
    Death Knight
    Frost
    Breath of Sindragosa now has a 50% increased chance to activate Runic Empowerment.
    ------

    Player
    Could we get some buffs to Icecap and Obliteration too please? I absolutely hate the rotation you need to use with Breath of Sindragosa and it already outperforms the alternatives by a wide margin, seeing it get a buff while the others get ignored is rather irritating to say the least.

    ------

    Someone said this on the forum and i couldn't agree more, whoever is this person, hifive my friend. Can't just not be all around the Breath of Sindragosa? Can't we have a option between those 2? I mean, i played 8.2 for a bit and i see 2 viable builds to play, either obliteration and breath of sindragosa. There's always a more "dominant" one but i can't lie, i prefer obliteration over BoS, it's so much more interactable with the player.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-01 at 01:39 PM.

  17. #17
    It's seriously weird because why do they ignore the other talents? what the fuck are they there for if not to be used? .. i mean it goes against anything i understand about talent systems in videogames.

    They are literally there for no reason almost.. i mean you can take them and lose dps but why then ignore them in patches.. why are they just forgotten and ignored like its all about breath nothing else.

    They must be having somekind of rework in the works or something because thats literally NOT doing your job at all. god im good at english

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by THC BANDIT View Post
    It's seriously weird because why do they ignore the other talents? what the fuck are they there for if not to be used? .. i mean it goes against anything i understand about talent systems in videogames.

    They are literally there for no reason almost.. i mean you can take them and lose dps but why then ignore them in patches.. why are they just forgotten and ignored like its all about breath nothing else.

    They must be having somekind of rework in the works or something because thats literally NOT doing your job at all. god im good at english
    I sure hope you’re right because breath is blandddd. Honestly I’m bored of UH and miss frost but I’m not keen on BoS gameplay.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    Can't just not be all around the Breath of Sindragosa? Can't we have a option between those 2?
    BoS is not even that far away from Obliteration and if you don't have excessive MASTERY from gear and many many (many) sockets it can be even worse in simDPS.
    And we don't want to kid ourselfs, even the most geared Frost DK blessed by mastery and socket RNG will end up with 420 ilvl around 25k simDPS - 25k is what most specs get around 405ish ilvl with random stats/random azerite traits. It just means you are the worst DPS as Frost OB and still the worst DPS as Frost BoS.

    The new powers on PTR get global changes between all specs, so there is no hope anymore for slightly balancing tunings for underdog specs like both DK specs. If the powers come they will just amplify the gap between both DK specs and every other spec in game.

    And never forget, mechanicaly both DK DPS specs are the worst imaginable with autoattack at first or second damage done position. No other melee is even close to this disadvantage with movement fights and to top it off, we are the slowest by far - double whammy.

    There are no major class/spec changes mid expansion and thats all you need to know. That currently (the last 3 years) range DPS and DoT specs are massivly overtuned is just pure comedy gold if you main a DK. If you don't have superrior range DPS available you take melee DPS with raid utility or raidbuffs and if those are not available you just take a heal with DPS capabilities at this point, since they allready compete for the last DPS spots above tanks.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    BoS is not even that far away from Obliteration and if you don't have excessive MASTERY from gear and many many (many) sockets it can be even worse in simDPS.
    And we don't want to kid ourselfs, even the most geared Frost DK blessed by mastery and socket RNG will end up with 420 ilvl around 25k simDPS - 25k is what most specs get around 405ish ilvl with random stats/random azerite traits. It just means you are the worst DPS as Frost OB and still the worst DPS as Frost BoS..
    That is because the baseline abilities need to be buffed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •