Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When y'all realize they don't put an emphasis on fixing frost you'll be able to finally move on. This has been a problem since Cataclysm. Warlocks got redesigned because they had the lowest representation in the game in almost all kinds of play. If you want them to seriously look at DKs...then people need to stop playing them altogether...the unfortunate part is the casuals who don't know better will continue to play their DK so they get their Lich King fix in. Nine years and now the fifth expansion this has been an issue. You think they'd realize there's a problem...

Just look at our set bonus from Antorus...Needed a 15% damage buff to obliterate and howling blast to stay relevant...that should've spoke volumes..but everyone called me crazy...so i moved on from this community. Hoping some day Blizzard realizes there is a problem.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2019-05-02 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    I sure hope you’re right because breath is blandddd. Honestly I’m bored of UH and miss frost but I’m not keen on BoS gameplay.
    Same hence why i tried on PTR 8.2 Frost and i noticed most of the things can be possible outside BoS but the damage BoS does currently is more than baseline abilities such obliterate, frost strike, howling blast, remorseless winter, etc. That's it and we are good to go. It's insane how much fun i was having with obliteration, that is my playstyle. BoS is mandatory and BoS build itself has so much cons, more than pros.

Believe me, go PTR 8.2, try what i said, the exact same essences, put same talents, get the gear free from vendor, you can buy, where we get our weekly chest, there's a vendor with all of the gear 415. You'll see that if the baseline abilities get buffed, obliteration is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    It's solid but doesn't address the elephant in the room...and that is...it's time they get rid of BoS altogether and put something else in it's place, redesign it to a fixed cost and work like bonestorm, or have it be something similar to void form where it's constantly up or down.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It's solid but doesn't address the elephant in the room...and that is...it's time they get rid of BoS altogether and put something else in it's place, redesign it to a fixed cost and work like bonestorm, or have it be something similar to void form where it's constantly up or down.
    Yes and i comment there as well about what i think, like for example, bringing obliteration back and making other baseline abilities being buffed, too many abilities that are getting dust due to BoS that is slow and not viable. Needs rework. More than many other classes. It's almost like life or death kind of situation.

Obliteration is the best, this guy is doing basically what i did but better, it's amazing

Obliteration gives us many resources, he is pressing always something, resources! Something breath of Sindragosa don't have cause that's just it, it's all about BoS and that's boring, Obliteration on the other hand, help every skill and talent to work together = resources synergy = smoother = enjoyable = fun + great damage.

And as he said we can get crit stacks from more resources, even azerite and the new essences, so he almost get 115% crit when out of his procs he has only 9%, so you focus on haste and mastery, as you can see in the video, and as i said on my first post that originated this thread.. so ye he just found what i have been trying for days on PTR and he solved the puzzle

I'm hyped, me and people that love obliteration, we thought obliteration would be dead

Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-17 at 08:12 PM.

Outside of playing blood my DK is benched. I´m not a dot tracking player and I really despice BoS style so this obliteration style suits me perfect and it looks smooth.
    Anyone know how it dps wise is compared to the other fotm classes when it comes to running keys?

I'm hyped, me and people that love obliteration, we thought obliteration would be dead
    The DK discord loled a lot about this feelcraft video.

The crit stacking with passive damage ticks is clearly a bug, so I would not hold my breath (pun) for this to go live.

Sadly most buffs/tweaks are aimed at only BoS and appart from that the number tuning and talent tuning for non-BoS talents is still missing, maybe it never comes.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-05-22 at 12:41 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The DK discord loled a lot about this feelcraft video.

The crit stacking with passive damage ticks is clearly a bug, so I would not hold my breath (pun) for this to go live.

Sadly most buffs/tweaks are aimed at only BoS and appart from that the number tuning and talent tuning for non-BoS talents is still missing, maybe it never comes.
    This essence won't go to live like this, there's shadow priests doing a ridiculous amount of spirits too with this, cause the spirits don't crit, so obliteration build will probably not go live i get sad since obliteration is my favorite build

I like DK in it's current state.

i get sad since obliteration is my favorite build
    Don't get me wrong, I dont favour any build with my DK that much.
    I would like a build or spec with a low skill floor just to be able to compete in DPS with basicly every other class with such an option.

Currently we got Unholy, with a high skill floor cooldown oriented build and more pet dependency than every other pet-oriented-spec have to deal with, while its one of the worst-3 tunned specs in game at the same time. Satisfying to see your 30-keybind pve spec hitting orange parses, while getting dumped with grey/blue-parses for basicly every other class and spec.

And we got BoS Frost as the only alternative, with another high skill floor cooldown spec, which not only requires a static encounter seqeuence to be usable with this mobility handycaped class, but its also the worst-3 tunned specs also.

You either micro-manage the currently most complex spec in game for basicly nothing in terms of DPS
    or
    you deal with BoS Frost and its handycap compared to every other free-dps-cooldown in game and compete with specs not only superior in class-mechanic but superior number wise.

Since there is a clear NO from blizzard to mid-expansion changes to class mechanics (no warlock treatment) and unholy does not have a lone-wolf fallback, we end up with only Obliteration as the last hope.
    -

we could really benefit from having the pvp nerfs to cold heart, frostwyrms fury and breath reduced or removed. it seems a little ridiculous to reduce the power threshold of frost and the customization both at once. (i love customization so much!!)

I can practically hear Blizzard going "You wanted Breath to be less meaningful. Now it is!"
    I'm pretty sure even with the buff to Frost Strike this'll be an overall nerf (to a spec that's already on the ground).

On the other hand: Yay for Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowroxxor View Post
    I would probably resub if BoS was not mandatory to do near optimal dps.
    This exactly!!! BoS is the worst type of playstyle ever created....

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    I can practically hear Blizzard going "You wanted Breath to be less meaningful. Now it is!"
    I'm pretty sure even with the buff to Frost Strike this'll be an overall nerf (to a spec that's already on the ground).

On the other hand: Yay for Unholy.
    I think the buff on Icecap is INSANE tho, so I'm hoping other builds surpass the shitty BoS style...
    Last edited by Greengrim; 2019-06-05 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    This exactly!!! BoS is the worst type of playstyle ever created....

I think the buff on Icecap is INSANE tho, so I'm hoping other builds surpass the shitty BoS style...
    They should've just made BoS baseline with the way they've pushed for BoS this expansion.

Icecap does look very strong now, hopefully it surpasses BoS. I loved the obliterate spec in Antorus so I hope that talent becomes competitive again too.

On the other hand, Unholy looks like it's getting some much needed ST buff, and also a buff to our already strong AoE

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    They should've just made BoS baseline with the way they've pushed for BoS this expansion.

Icecap does look very strong now, hopefully it surpasses BoS. I loved the obliterate spec in Antorus so I hope that talent becomes competitive again too.

On the other hand, Unholy looks like it's getting some much needed ST buff, and also a buff to our already strong AoE
    Yeah, I definitely like what I see for both specs too. Nerf to BoS and buff to Icecap, while giving UH some love as well. UH buffs will be very good to have in PvP too, as we can currently only play as support to strong dps classes.

Yeah, I definitely like what I see for both specs too. Nerf to BoS and buff to Icecap, while giving UH some love as well. UH buffs will be very good to have in PvP too, as we can currently only play as support to strong dps classes.
    Unholy is currently THE top tier pvp dps spec in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Unholy is currently THE top tier pvp dps spec in the game.
    That's a complete illusion, your overall damage is meaningless in the current burst-window meta. It is also mostly caused by dots which spread to multiple targets once you refresh them on your main target. In reality Unholy doesn't do nearly anything else than grip-pressuring healers and spamming necrotic strikes in arenas. We only create situations for our broken Monks and Demon Hunters. If you watch the damage during your burst windows you will notice they do double or triple of yours.
    Last edited by Greengrim; 2019-06-05 at 12:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a complete illusion, your overall damage is meaningless in the current burst-window meta. It is also mostly caused by dots which spread to multiple targets once you refresh them on your main target. In reality Unholy doesn't do nearly anything else than grip-pressuring healers and spamming necrotic strikes in arenas. We only create situations for our broken Monks and Demon Hunters. If you watch the damage during your burst windows you will notice they do double or triple of yours.
    Isn't this a moot point since the healer will just heal through all of it, meaning you actually need the Unholy? So if you actually need them, that isn't actually an illusion, is it? That's a fact that they are top tier.
    Saying what you said is like saying Arms warriors dominance was an illusion because of Mortal Strike. Like what am I reading?

Anyway, huge buffs for Frost, looking like not pigeon-holed into BoS anymore hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Isn't this a moot point since the healer will just heal through all of it, meaning you actually need the Unholy? So if you actually need them, that isn't actually an illusion, is it? That's a fact that they are top tier.
    Saying what you said is like saying Arms warriors dominance was an illusion because of Mortal Strike. Like what am I reading?

Anyway, huge buffs for Frost, looking like not pigeon-holed into BoS anymore hopefully.
    I don't know what you are reading either. Maybe read the actual comments before you write empty posts. My reference (and what the other guy was talking about) was in regards to the dps of the DK, and not its importance to the comp. If they play in top comps they are indeed in top tier, but they are not in any way top dps tier.