Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Pandaren Monk msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I don't know what you are reading either. Maybe read the actual comments before you write empty posts. My reference (and what the other guy was talking about) was in regards to the dps of the DK, and not its importance to the comp. If they play in top comps they are indeed in top tier, but they are not in any way top dps tier.
    You don't know what I'm reading because you're all over the place and using mental gymnastics. He said "top dps pvp spec" and you've twisted that context to somehow mean "top burster" or something, I dunno, too much mental gymnastics, no need to be rude about it, maybe explain and be more specific what it is you're posting about and I won't need to question it.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    This exactly!!! BoS is the worst type of playstyle ever created....
    In its prime, as a BLOOD-TANK COOLDOWN it had its uses and it could be exploited by good player a little bit. It was not that insane to be honest, there were times where other tanks did much more raid-DPS in the tanking role with broken tank scaling.

    It should have never been left as a soak extendable DPS cooldown, since all it brought were steady and continuous soaking nerfs to anything usable with BoS.

    Just look at some of the 8.2 nerfs/changes:
    Multitarget runicpower gains are nerfed again because of the BoS ussage, while every other class got major synergys with multitarget fights (eye-beam etc.)

    The whole first talent tier is broken, because multitarget scaling with BoS would be to high.

    It is just insane how many gating to talents/mechanics are in place to keep BoS in place while gutting everything else. Even if you really like the BoS playstyle or the animation or whatever, everyone should see the major problems this one talents brings to the whole spec.

    It doesnt matter if they overbuff the BoS competing talents, we allready had that in LEGION. It just means that in a future tier or latest in the next expansion BoS will be at some point the only choice again and we repeat every correction steps from BfA and LEGION AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

    I just wish some DEV at Blizzard with a brain and good will take his time, kill BoS off for good and give killing machine the full Warlock/ShadowBolt treatment and allow the spec a bit more scaling headroom without relying on aura-buffs to even function in the game.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    In its prime, as a BLOOD-TANK COOLDOWN it had its uses and it could be exploited by good player a little bit. It was not that insane to be honest, there were times where other tanks did much more raid-DPS in the tanking role with broken tank scaling.
    Blood Breath was only overpowered in WoD during Blackrock Foundry when there was the Glyph of Chains of Ice which gave Chains +20 Runic Power which was insane for keeping Breath going. Nothing else gives 20 Runic for 1 Rune.
    Major Glyphs have been gone for like 3 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    It should have never been left as a soak extendable DPS cooldown, since all it brought were steady and continuous soaking nerfs to anything usable with BoS.
    Real full Runic Power bar soaking for Runic Power has been gone since Legion it isn't really a big deal. It was broken at the end of WoD with Rocket Fuel and Slime in Hellfire but thats like 3 years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Just look at some of the 8.2 nerfs/changes:
    Multitarget runicpower gains are nerfed again because of the BoS ussage, while every other class got major synergys with multitarget fights (eye-beam etc.)
    There has never really been any "multitarget runicpower gains" in the game.
    Its always been spend 1 Rune = 10 Runic Power. Irreverent of number of targets.
    Frost Fever's Runic Power was only added in Legion and the gain is so little and it has a internal cooldown to prevent multiple procs.
    8.2 boosting the Frost Fever proc rate is only a positive thing. Not a Nerf.
    "eye-beam etc" is about as descriptive as saying our Howling Blast hitting mobs other than the single target is a "major synergy"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The whole first talent tier is broken, because multitarget scaling with BoS would be to high.
    Huh? How does the first talent row have anything to do with multiple targets?
    Cold Heart hits one mob, Icy Talons auto attacks hit one mob, Inexorable Assault hits one mob even with Frostscythe?
    Its not a single target dps row.
    I don't even...
    _____________________________________________
    Also known as Kalrell ingame and @Kalrell on Twitters.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    You don't know what I'm reading because you're all over the place and using mental gymnastics. He said "top dps pvp spec" and you've twisted that context to somehow mean "top burster" or something, I dunno, too much mental gymnastics, no need to be rude about it, maybe explain and be more specific what it is you're posting about and I won't need to question it.
    I don't see a reason to feel mentally manipulated. And in all honesty, I still believe you did not read the posts, since I haven't been twisting anything at all. In fact, I only explained why being top DPS in pvp does not matter as the comp's strength and playstyle circles aronund burst windows, inside which the DK does not shine, and is only supporting classes with broken dmg (DH, WW) with its utilities. Then you kick in, start questioning the DK's imporatnce in the comp (which was totally outside the topic), and finish with "wtf am I reading" if I remember correctly... What kind of answer did you expect?

  5. #45
    Pandaren Monk msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I don't see a reason to feel mentally manipulated. And in all honesty, I still believe you did not read the posts, since I haven't been twisting anything at all. In fact, I only explained why being top DPS in pvp does not matter as the comp's strength and playstyle circles aronund burst windows, inside which the DK does not shine, and is only supporting classes with broken dmg (DH, WW) with its utilities. Then you kick in, start questioning the DK's imporatnce in the comp (which was totally outside the topic), and finish with "wtf am I reading" if I remember correctly... What kind of answer did you expect?
    You're literally "blah blah blahing" me with useless information with both already know.

    Thanks though.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    You're literally "blah blah blahing" me with useless information with both already know.

    Thanks though.
    First of all, my discussion was with somebody else before you butted in. Secondly, you did not even understand what we were talking about. Third, it took a few posts before you actually did. So yeah, it's normal to "blah blah blah" you a bit. You'll live with it, stop jumping around like a baby rooster.

  7. #47
    Keep it civil please guys
    - Death Knight/Demon Hunter/Monk Moderator -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •