Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    They would be wasting investor money if they didn't minimize their tax bill. This is when you write your congress critters, not yell at the business for being a good fiduciary.

  2. #122
    Over 9000! Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    9,668
    Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    Not replying to your post anymore. You add nothing to the discussion. You only attack, you only strawman, you don't know how to articulate yourself as an adult. Your banner also makes me cringe. I will reply to everyone else here except you.
    And that is your right to not respond... Wont stop me from pointing at your continued dishonesty and exposing it.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by yamix View Post
    They would be wasting investor money if they didn't minimize their tax bill. This is when you write your congress critters, not yell at the business for being a good fiduciary.
    There is plenty of companies that operate ethically today. Simply because you can get away with something doesn't excuse a companies actions. It is still wrong and disgusting.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    While I don't think it's that big of a deal, I do find it interesting how with so many people they put all of the blame on Activision and none of it on Blizzard when it comes to financial things. Blizzard didn't just start trying to make money because of Activision.
    This is the one case in which you can point at Activision, because while the company body is called "Activision Blizzard" for PR-Sake, Activision is the management. Blizzard is just a studio and lost its special rights a few years ago. Blame them for lack of quality and for their bad way to handle feedback. Financial aspects are Fatboy Koticks personal shithouse tho.

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    https://itep.org/notadime/

    I'm honestly so sick in my stomach at how disgusting Blizzard has become. Making shit expansions, sacking thousands of employees, refusing to listen to feedback, and now avoiding all taxes.

    They are #2(feel better kiddies?) in tax avoidance out of all companies in the world. I really have no respect for them anymore this expansion. They are literally worse than EA now. Go ahead and ban me and close the thread shills like every other thread made these days that talks badly of Blizzard. The moderators here make me sick also.
    So do almost all american companies tho, because your country is a corporate-frathouse thanks to people like President Orange. Not really worth talking about it. Despicable, yes, but not worth talking about. Of course we both know you only do it because you are one of the disgruntled people that quit the game and now wants to make everyone else hate it as much as you do so they quit as well. Seen that plenty. But you be you, because its totally correct to be mad about this kind of practice otherwise. Just going to say your rage is... aimed poorly.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2019-04-20 at 04:16 PM.
    Whyyy... This... I... We... well... FFfffuuuu uu
    ww..
    Victim to Blizzard-Marketing since 2004

    "Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law." - Kant

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    You people are so blinded it is amazing. You are literally okay with a multi-billion dollar company spending less on taxes than yourself at work every year. It's not ethical, none of the money they are making is going back into the country. Instead, the country is giving them money simply because they use tax havens. I mostly made this post to see people shill exactly like you always do. I can't believe the posters, there is a reason the internet makes fun of mmo-champions forums.
    Hi. I work at multi-billion, multinational company (we didn't make that list of yours though).
    Welcome to global market economy where profit can be legally made in places which has most favorable tax rules.
    Most global companies do this, in one way or another, because inter-company invoicing between subsidiaries is a bitch in big companies. So are currency shifts.

    This might be "unethical" to some, yes, but in that case, please make sure to vote in lawmakers who initiate a global tax regime change and usher us into a new age of global markets. This needs unilateral support - globally.

    I don't quite see it happening in the near future, but perhaps in a generation or three.

  6. #126
    Dreadlord yoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Dark Tower
    Posts
    834
    I am OUTRAGED! jklol
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    There is plenty of companies that operate ethically today. Simply because you can get away with something doesn't excuse a companies actions. It is still wrong and disgusting.
    Name one global company operating in U.S and not taking advantage of the new tax cuts put in place by the administration? You seem to know this and I'm really too lazy to shuffle through 10-K SEC reports.

  8. #128
    Over 9000! Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    9,668
    Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    There is plenty of companies that operate ethically today. Simply because you can get away with something doesn't excuse a companies actions. It is still wrong and disgusting.
    You bemoan the lack of corporate ethics, yet you demonstrate none yourself. Care to explain why you hold them to higher standards than yourself?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

    Examples

    1. I mean... if I could pay no taxes and collect support.. I would.
    2. Why talk about something you hate
    3. I mean, it's legal so of course they'll do it
    4. It's not Blizzard it's Activision
    5. you have mental problems XD you loser!
    6. It's the government's fault!
    7. Why are you so angry GRRRR, you have issues

    Keep them coming kiddies
    Those are not examples of strawman
    Kupo.

  10. #130
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    18,463
    This really isn't the place to address corporate finance and tax shelters - it's to discuss the game itself and not the behavior of corporations or Activision-Blizzard specifically. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - The Player, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •