Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    this is the result for failing in the heroic bod difficult development..

heroic uldir was perfect. perfect for pugs. but bod is a pug disaster.
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2019-04-20 at 04:59 PM.

WTF are Blizzard doing? a whole raid tier invalidated with easy mode, no brain WQ's while its "curve" is still current, how the f**k does that make any sense at all.

This current Dev team and Director have no idea at all what they are doing, Their completely clueless how a MMORPG should work. these ideas they dream up are just mind boggling wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevenmad View Post
    WTF are Blizzard doing? a whole raid tier invalidated with easy mode, no brain WQ's while its "curve" is still current, how the f**k does that make any sense at all.

This current Dev team and Director have no idea at all what they are doing, Their completely clueless how a MMORPG should work. these ideas they dream up are just mind boggling wrong.
    There are still people struggling to clear heroic, not just as pugs but as guilds. This will be a way of helping them overcome that hurdle, and you try to get something with the right stats from the rng that is emissary quests. Not only that most of the time they don't even give gear, just AP or gold. This isn't the end all be all that people are making it out to be.

WOW this is bad indeed, less incentive to do lower M+ for gearing and even BoD heroic becomes worthless now.

I wonder if it could mean 8.2 is like a month away? This is the only reason I can think they would make this change now.

Like I keep telling people , this is the xpac for alts, if you running only 1 or 2 chars u going to get bored fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    WOW this is bad indeed, less incentive to do lower M+ for gearing and even BoD heroic becomes worthless now.

I wonder if it could mean 8.2 is like a month away? This is the only reason I can think they would make this change now.

Like I keep telling people , this is the xpac for alts, if you running only 1 or 2 chars u going to get bored fast.
    Would be sweet with 8.2 only a month away, but I really doubt it. Earliest mid June.

FF14's new expansion Shadowbringers comes out July 2nd. So + or - 1 week from that date is the window I see the patch coming out. Blizzard likes to say they dont try to have content drops coincide with other games but they have done it for so long its a given.

was expecting someting like this - just not now only after 8.2. glad got most my alts to 390 will rip benefits imidiately ^^

- - - Updated - - -

they know perfecly well what they are doing.

their current sustem is promoting long term casual play . this way people who sub for long can get constant upgrades.

its very deliberate . and its working

i see dozens of people on each quest site farming emmisaries. its perfect system for casuals.

They think doing this will keep people on the sub hook chasing RNG based rewards such as caches and whatever spawns in World Quests.

Even the most casual of players are sick of it and have quit. So ironically it's working against them. And quite hard.

Will be over a month for sure, it will come with the new pvp/m+ season as the new raid loot will be of a higher ilvl. They tend to go hand in hand with new raid releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They think doing this will keep people on the sub hook chasing RNG based rewards such as caches and whatever spawns in World Quests.

Even the most casual of players are sick of it and have quit. So ironically it's working against them. And quite hard.
    I am such casual (I only do WQ and warfronts). I enjoy the WQ / emissaries system.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I am such casual (I only do WQ and warfronts). I enjoy the WQ / emissaries system.
    I don't think I said you couldn't enjoy it or everyone didn't.

But it's a huge majority who aren't falling for the sub hook tricks anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I guess that’s a good point. Though the new raid doesn’t offer much gear wise outside of 1-2 specific things. I’m not quite sure how BoD as a raid is coming to an end when we have quite a while (most likely) until 8.2s raid. Assuming it comes out in July, BoD would’ve been out for 7 months which is why I’m questioning it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody cared then because we didn’t have raid loot invalidated from world quests. Completely different time so I’m not sure why your comparing that. Gearing system has changed quite a ton from that era of gearing to Legion/BFA era. Blizzard said they’re planning on changing this though so im not too concerned with it. I’m not too sure how you can say nobody does when the vast majority of complaints have been about the new gearing system.

Regardless it doesn’t affect me so really I have no place worrying about it, I just find it ridiculous that world quest emissaries are going to be offering ilvl 400 gear and heroic BOD (still the current raid, a 2 boss raid doesn’t take its place) also offers ilvl 400.
    How is it 7 months?

BoD came out in late January. An early July release is 5.5 months which is pretty normal for a raid tier (5-6 months).

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    So you enjoy doing the same world quests from 8.0 launch but rewards tuned up?

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually ridiculous, Blizzard needs to stop invalidating their own content.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Sure why not? Not everyone has to like or dislike what you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I enjoy outdoor content more than anything else. So yeah, I still enjoy doing 8.0 WQ. I play mostly to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

this is just your wishfull thinking. whenever i go do emisaries zones are filled with people 24/7 doin those emmisaries.

this is the most popular content in game atm .

- - - Updated - - -

and you ? do you enjoy doin the same raid for past 6 months ?

how is this any different ?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this is just your wishfull thinking. whenever i go do emisaries zones are filled with people 24/7 doin those emmisaries.

- - - Updated - - -

and you ? do you enjoy doin the same raid for past 6 months ?

how is this any different ?
    I haven't cleared mythic yet (7/9) and BoD just released a few months ago not 6. Raids require coordination and preparation. World quests are just chasing stars on a map and pressing your DPS cooldown and the mob should die by the time the DPS cooldown is over.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

The magic of sharding, they can make anything look super popular by just throwing together everyone doing it.

Thing is, a large part of the player base is just loot hunting, Just get the loot fast and stop playing. It's so easy to get loot this expasion with no effort.

Mythic+ pretty much destroyed raiding for me, i mean the only thing worth rading "item wise" is mythic raiding.

You clear Bod Hc "once a week" for ilvl 400 loot. while you can farm all day in mythic+ for 400 ilvl. My guild cleared Bod hc, it was fun to play with the guild but..

After the raid i went to my Mythic+ group and farmed all week. We are decent players who farmed +13-15 keys, the game just threw loot at us. After 2-3 weeks we were as good geared as the top mythic raid guild on the server, becuse with the luck of Warforged/titanforge.

It's alot easier to pick 5 good players and farm dungeons all day, than pick 20 really good players to clear mythic Bod for just 15 ilvl higher and aloot of wipes. and that 15 ilvl will we get from titanforge. We all have work, but played 2-4 hours each day and that was enough to get full top end gear fast.

Hc bod should had at the release, dropped around 405-410 gear. Simple becuse you need more players and can only clear it once a week.

Mythic Bod maybe 420-430? Mythic+ should really not be so close gearwise to mythic rading imo =/. Atm raiding is just dying off, and loot rewards this expansion is just way to high for doing simple daily/Emissery quest,warfronts and so on.