Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is your favorite "I have no money" meal?

We've all been there. Either schooling, between jobs, ill, or just down on the luck. What is your go-to favorite meal?

I'd say mine is italian herb mix + crappy bottled parm cheese + pasta (spaghetti usually) + butter.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

15+ Year Old Account
    Pea soup. It's awesome food and it's cheap. Win-win!

You can make 5 liters of the soup for like 2e. 1e for the peas and 1e for some ham. If you eat a liter a day, you can eat it for five days.

40 cents a day meal.

Most Finns eat pea soup weekly - thursday is pea soup day! (it's an army standard as well)
    Last edited by Puupi; 2019-04-18 at 08:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Pb&J, can get the whole thing for like 5 bucks total and eat a sandwich a day for a week or more.

Done that a few times
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Grilled Cheese

Ramen baby! That's bout as (no money meal) as you can get. 20-25 cents a pack. Figure 2 packs if you're THAT hungry. Can't beat a 40 cent meal.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Grilled Cheese
    This. After my divorce a few years ago, I was super pressed for cash after having to move and find a new job and ended up eating grilled cheese for close to a week because after looking at what money I had left and figuring out what could get me the furthest, a couple loaves of bread and a pack of crappy american "cheese" singles with a stick of butter would get me far more meals than anything else.

Even comparing it to ramen (most people's cheap food choice I'd imagine) it's just more filling because of the carbs and fats compared to a lot of salt and water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not an issue much now. I go to the market weekly and typically eat from home but growing up and when I was poor.

Fried Bologna Sandwiches and cheese

Hot dogs and elbow noodles in cheese

Miracle Whip Sandwiches and cheese

Graham Crackers

Drank was Kool side although not the name brand cause that was too fancy. We got the generic either variety of flavors where lemon or lime were the last left after grape and cherry.

Oh last but not least Hojos fried potatoes and ketchup. Mmmmmm
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Definitely a nice roast of potatoes and onions. A little bit of butter or oil, or you can mash the potatoes and put the sauteed onion on top with a butter sauce.
    Easy.
    And with some chicken which is cheap, makes a nice meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Ramen baby! That's bout as (no money meal) as you can get. 20-25 cents a pack. Figure 2 packs if you're THAT hungry. Can't beat a 40 cent meal.
    Yep, gotta go with the Ramen noddles. Plus you can get the flavor variety pack and trick yourself into thinking you are eating a different meal every day.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

white rice
    pb&j
    top ramen
    tomato soup

stealing a meal from a homeless is always free , and its funny

15+ Year Old Account
    I make ramen and in the water I add shredded cabbage, cilantro, 1/2 a tomato, some diced onion, and some sort of squash/zucchini to it along with any leftover meat or I'll cut up some slices of delimeat and throw in there before I add the noodles to it. Drain it because I don't like soupy ramen. Then to the noodles I add the seasoning pack and a small spoon of either mayo or butter. Not exactly healthy but then again ramen by itself isn't very healthy either but I am adding a little protein & veggies into the mix so my version is a little healthier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yeah, beans + hotdogs another good one. Rice and eggs, too.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A few 5packs of Indomie Mi Goreng Noodles, a few Onions and a Dozen Eggs.

A good 5-6 days of fairly filling meals. for about $10.

I go outside and sprinkle some salt on the grass...

2-minute noodles I'd say. They aren't always very filling. Dipping pretzels in the leftover water is nice too.

Hmm, no idea, never been in a situation where I needed that. I think I'd just skip a meal, I wouldn't miss it. If it was a regular thing, I'd just go to my parents. Yes, even now, as an adult.

10 lb bag of white rice, as much raw chicken as I can afford and some super cheap gravy packets. Usually makes enough leftovers for about a week.

The trick with ramen cups is you can strain out the salt.

1. Buy a 30 cent cup of ramen noodles
    2. Peel back the lid, fill it with hot water, close the lid back up, let it sit for 5 minutes.
    3. Gently strain the water out by tilting it over the sink and holding the lid on so just the water comes out.
    4. Refill with water and strain again.
    5. Refill with hot water and serve.

Most of the flavor remains but almost all of the salty taste is gone. Its 1000% more appetizing this way too as I don't need to drink an ocean of water after I'm done to counter all the salt.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I love cooking so I'll try to contribute a recipe

Spaghetti Carbonara, prices are per portion with the cheapest products I could find within 5 minutes
    You may need to buy more than for one portion.e.g eggs don't come in packages of 1 egg for 15 cent.

Noodles (20 - 30 cent)
    Meat from a pig (take a cheap, fatty one from the belly .. or anything else, because you want a fatty one in your carbonara) (50 cent in discounter)
    Eggs (15 cent)
    pepper (1 cent)

That's less than a euro for a huge portion of something very delicious. You could make 2 portions from it.

If you feel rich today, add parmesan

1. cook noodles
    2. have a cold pan, put the cubed meat into it and let it heat without oil. This way the fat will get out of the meat
    3. When meat is done, take the heat off and throw noodles into pan and add some some spoons of noodle water till the meat stops hissing
    4. beat 1 egg in a cup (add parmesan and pepper if available)
    5. pour egg mix over noodles, stir
    6. put noodles on plate, add enough pepper to get a bit on everything (add parmesan again)
    Last edited by Inukashi; 2019-04-18 at 09:31 AM.