Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    The fact that I can have 12 characters that essentially can't get upgrades from Heroic BfD despite never stepping into that raid on 10 of them is wild. I can't even imagine the response people would have given in Legion if someone suggested they should give Heroic level Tomb or Antorus gear from Emissaries when they were the current raid tier.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Well, if you raided mythic, you did that to have a 10-15 ilvl advantage over people who are now getting their welfare items.
    That is by far the most pathetic reason I have ever heard to raid. Seriously? "I wanna raid so I can have a higher item level than the plebs." Yeesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Five Nights at Freddy's 1 and 2 | Group of Friend's Youtube Channel

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You are right. You are mythic geared after 2 weeks. Oh no your not. Your not even normal geared. Maybe after this change you will be mythic geared. Let me know in a couple of days.
    I doubt most people care about getting mythic gear, they just want to progress within their bracket.
    The problem is that Blizzard creates short cuts that basically undermine that progression.

    Like Mythic raiders do not give a shit about this, people that are within the Normal / Heroic bracket are affected by this, because their progression is undercut.

  4. #204
    Legendary! Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    6,430
    Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Normal BoD is a waste of time at this point, especially when it takes more effort to complete than doing 4 world quests.

    Heroic BoD is even more of a waste of time. Effort and difficulty are so much higher than 4 world quests a day that it's absolutely not worth getting into that.

    People who did any of that could just have waited until now and accomplish the same in a single week. Doing it from now on is a waste of time aswell.

    If that's not invalidated content I don't know what is.
    You get 1 emissary each day. You have a 1/4 chance for that emissary to reward gear, as it can reward AP, gold, or resources.

    Out of that gear, you have a 1/5 chance for it to be one of either - Azerite, Trinket, Rings, Weapon, or rest of the slots.

    Yea. Nobody is going to get to 410 ilvl JUST doing world quests ANYTIME soon. 400 is pushing it, and even that is due to the bloated ilvl the neck and azerite pieces can give you.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    So you telling us resetes every 2y with new expansion is same thing as resets every 3 months? Dude you comparisons are priceless.
    why ? after 7 expansion resets and god knows how many resets with badges/jp/wp and now WQ so far for me personaly i see 0 difference.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    TBC vendor didnt ahd greater rewards than what we have now. Current world Q caches rewards 400itemlvl of current raid tier. TBC vendor rewards were level of t5 raid which was entire tier lower.
    What are you trying to say? That BC gave you gear that was 26 ilvls below max? Ok. That WQ drop items 70 ilvls below max and emmisaries do items that are 45 below max. I agree, BC system was a lot easier to gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'll never understand this whiny argument. So after this change, the scrubs will have a 390-400 ilvl, and the elites will have a 410-420 ilvl.

    This has always been the disparity between the scrubs and the elite since at least Wrath.
    in wrath if you didnt raid your best gear would be 232 ilvl max during ICC patch.. and if you raided heroic your gear would be 277 ilvl.. so no, its not the same

    or better: if you didnt raid or do dungeons your gear would be half green.. now you can have ~400 ilvl without doing anything
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2019-04-20 at 09:12 PM.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Emissaries won't immediatly drop ilvl395/400. It will still increase by 5 ilvl above what you currently have. If you're 385 (current maximum of emissary) now, with the next reset your max from emissary will be 390. After hitting 390 your max will be 395 and after 395 azerite gear will go up to 400. Doing mythic+ and raids will still be faster especially because not every emissary gives you gear and if it does it's either normal gear, azerite gear or if it's the tortollan one a ring or trinket. Also ilvl isn't everything. The emissary gear isn't that good especially the azerite gear is bad because of the azerite traits.
    thats something that raiders delibetaly keep silent about because it doesnt fot their agenda.

    it takes months to get to 390 while doin only WQs. the sole reaso it was speed up a bit was warfront 400 itlv gear every 3 weeks.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    in wrath if you didnt raid your best gear would be 232 ilvl max during ICC patch.. and if you raided heroic your gear would be 277 ilvl.. so no, its not the same
    Slightly wrong, 264 from frost, 232 was from the one below, though by not raiding you were only getting like 14 frost a week.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Crucible of Storms releasing, time to increase emissary rewards to 395/400.




    So Blizzard is saying that the majority of players doesn't raid mythic, which means they are either entirely or mostly invalidating everything the majority did for the past 3 months.

    This pretty much means: 1 week 3 months after raid release = 3 months of progressing multiple hours a week

    Why would any sane person choose to actually raid and invest that much more time when they can get the same rewards 3 months later without any effort by doing trivial content?
    If you only play to focus on item level of gear there isn't really much of a reason to ever play from your point of view. Since patch to patch expansion to expansion item level and gear quality changes. People should play because they enjoy the game and those they play it with if you don't step away and be happy. Gear going up 10 item level from a few rewards is a tiny change too. Even if you raided normal exclusively at this point you wouldn't be too interested in 395 gear.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  11. #211
    Bloodsail Admiral Syce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Like Mythic raiders do not give a shit about this, people that are within the Normal / Heroic bracket are affected by this, because their progression is undercut.
    but if these changes undermine their progression, wouldn't this change HELP them through normal/heroic?

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Slightly wrong, 264 from frost, 232 was from the one below, though by not raiding you were only getting like 14 frost a week.
    well you'd get some 245/264 pieces from badges, not in every slot.. tier gear would only be 251 ilvl and again you'd need to spend an awful lot of time farming badges in dungeons

    also if you werent doing dungeons your gear would be half green.. right now without doing anything you can have 390-400 ilvl with some luck

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Slightly wrong, 264 from frost, 232 was from the one below, though by not raiding you were only getting like 14 frost a week.
    The big difference between then and now is the gear you could get was locked into a few items. Now you can completely gear up via WQ if you really wanted to. From my point of view the only people really hit by this are the ones that lazily play alts, have them at max level and just putt around on them so they have odd mixtures of lower level gear and would have also done big payout single time Azerite quests and gotten much less total necklace % gain with those. Say people that rushed to cap 5 characters but once they hit 120 on them didn't touch them again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I doubt most people care about getting mythic gear, they just want to progress within their bracket.
    The problem is that Blizzard creates short cuts that basically undermine that progression.

    Like Mythic raiders do not give a shit about this, people that are within the Normal / Heroic bracket are affected by this, because their progression is undercut.
    The people that have hit their skill cap are the ones this hurts. People that will now out gear but still not to do mythic + for upgrades or even though they are above the drop level of a raid can't finish it. Through the history of the game there have been bubbles where people hit a wall where the gear from what they can do doesn't help them, but they also cannot push forward. These bumps might briefly help them, but they fall right back in the same trap/cycle again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The big difference between then and now is the gear you could get was locked into a few items. Now you can completely gear up via WQ if you really wanted to. From my point of view the only people really hit by this are the ones that lazily play alts, have them at max level and just putt around on them so they have odd mixtures of lower level gear and would have also done big payout single time Azerite quests and gotten much less total necklace % gain with those. Say people that rushed to cap 5 characters but once they hit 120 on them didn't touch them again.
    Done properly even giving every slot via currency isn't bad, but you have to do it right, keep the farmable part lower ilvl and make it take awhile to get all your higher ilvl pieces if you don't do end game content like raids. Raiding would then make it much quicker.

    Not only do you give people things to work towards, you also have a grind which keeps people subbed.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I doubt most people care about getting mythic gear, they just want to progress within their bracket.
    The problem is that Blizzard creates short cuts that basically undermine that progression.

    Like Mythic raiders do not give a shit about this, people that are within the Normal / Heroic bracket are affected by this, because their progression is undercut.
    No it isn't. If they are still 'progressing' at this stage then this change will help them. Raiding is about killing bosses. Every tier I find myself at max gear level for my content before killing the last boss. Do I stop because I already have all my gear? No because raiding is not about gear. This inc in world rewards will help me, if I choose to use it.

    If you're one of those scrubs that only cares about gear you wouldn't raid at all. These are typically the crowd that says 'DERP. WQ us invalidating content. DEEERRP. I worked so hard for my purples. Why should Bad's get my gear!!1!' while you sit next to your weekly chest containing 400+ gear that took you 25 minutes to complete. Give it a rest guys. Your posts reveal as loot hungry whores who believe that only yourselves deserve gear. Admit it. You're still playing the time that mage in your group got a titanforged piece through your head and saying to yourself 'he doesn't deserve that TF. I did way more dps than him in trash'
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  16. #216
    Elemental Lord Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,459
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    If you spend 13 weeks "progressing" to 400 ilvl, yes, you should just sit back and wait for welfare instead.
    Don't forget that you'll probably have to spend equal amount of time (13 weeks) to get fully geared from those emissary quests because they don't always award equipment or azerite armor.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This is why raider.io needs to go, because a healthy and thriving game needs to encourage people to help new players. The game doesn't need selfish efficiency whores who play purely to improve their own character, stand on the backs of others' work, and put others down.
    So the new people and bad players can stand of the backs of others and that is okay? Helping people is one thing, but you have this give a person a fish or teach them to fish moments. I don't know what sort of twisted ideas you have of what Raider.io is or how it is used, but you can't use scores there to stand on the backs of others only for your selfish gain. If for no other reasons people that might want to do that wont have the score to get into groups to be carried and if you want to actually improve your score you need to chip in and again can't be carried.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I have 385 ilvl and I pretty much can't upgrade anymore.
    This is just LUL worthy.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    in wrath if you didnt raid your best gear would be 232 ilvl max during ICC patch.. and if you raided heroic your gear would be 277 ilvl.. so no, its not the same

    or better: if you didnt raid or do dungeons your gear would be half green.. now you can have ~400 ilvl without doing anything
    Forgetting a whole tier invalidates your argument. People were 245 from doing non raiding content. The difference in ilvl is 32. After changes the diff between WQ and max is 70. 40 for emissary. That makes wotlk easier to gear and doable in a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    but if these changes undermine their progression, wouldn't this change HELP them through normal/heroic?
    Paradoxically no, probably not. Season 2 made gearing so easy that getting to BfD's ilvl is trivial. Especially since the raid launched with 2 free 400 pieces to jump start people (Alliance side). If they're still progressing in BfD no amount of the same level of gear will help them go faster, because they're probably failing mechanically and this increase doesn't put them any higher than where they already are. The gearing situation in Season 2 just means that when they finally do progress, they won't have any reward for doing so.

    It pretty much only benefits people who don't raid or M+ at all, even with friends. I suppose more 400 Azerite pieces is more dust for everyone else, so there's that.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2019-04-20 at 09:31 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •