Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Why are you keeping calling people scrubs? I have 385 ilvl and I pretty much can't upgrade anymore. This will allow me to get more upgrades. Why does it bother you? Just use rio.
    It's because some people's definition of "barely playing" is very different from others. For them, "barely playing" means "one M+10 a week, couple raid pugs, buy a high level BoE from AH" or something like that - not realizing that it's beyond the reach of people who will truly benefit from this update.

For those truly geared, all this does is give them more Residue from scrapping ilvl 400 Azerite gear instead of 385. They couldn't care less, especially since most of that stuff will be irrelevant after 8.2 anyway.

I suppose nowadays the effort is more towards experiencing the content in raids and then doing something else rather than farming it for gear.

Well early raiding does give you more time to get cool transmog sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Karry View Post
    What do you mean invalidating content ?
    Normal BoD is a waste of time at this point, especially when it takes more effort to complete than doing 4 world quests.

Heroic BoD is even more of a waste of time. Effort and difficulty are so much higher than 4 world quests a day that it's absolutely not worth getting into that.

People who did any of that could just have waited until now and accomplish the same in a single week. Doing it from now on is a waste of time aswell.

If that's not invalidated content I don't know what is.
    Last edited by kubaje; 2019-04-20 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Normal BoD is a waste of time at this point, even though it takes more effort to complete than doing 4 world quests.

Heroic BoD is even more of a waste of time. Effort and difficulty are so much higher than 4 world quests a day that it's absolutely not worth getting into that.

People who did any of that could just have waited until now and accomplish the same in a single week. Doing it from now on is a waste of time aswell.

If that's not invalidated content I don't know what is.
    Not sure what your complain is, this is literally what 90% of the population wants.

Congratulations, you are gonna be 395 ilvl from 385 when it takes less than 24h played to reach 400-405 with some basic luck, with some bad luck and Blizzard fucking up their emissaries it takes a bit longer to more like 2 days played, when you are supposed to be at 410-420 either way.

This change is gonna persist for the next raid also, and you are gonna be getting 395 gear when everyone will roam around in 430 in a matter of weeks after the raid release.

Its working as intended, they are just enabling it a tad too soon, i would hope this would happen with the release of patch 8.2 but maybe easter gift for people to farm?
    Last edited by potis; 2019-04-20 at 04:02 PM.

Just for OP, yes, majority of playerbase doesn't raid mythic.
    If you think otherwise, you are very bad at math.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    Just for OP, yes, majority of playerbase doesn't raid mythic.
    If you think otherwise, you are very bad at math.
    That's exactly what I said. What's your point?

Content is invalidated either way. You either have what happens right now which I don't do emissaries that award gear or you have them award gear good enough that other sources get put on the back burner. There will always be a least practical source of gear.

Personally I did the raid for the meta mount. Gear is whatever.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Yea, this bs basically made me stop playing, I raid for loot, no point in playing if I can catch squirrels and get the same ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    > Normal BoD is a waste of time at this point, even though it takes more effort to complete than doing 4 world quests.

Why is it a waste? You just getting more chances to get more loot. You're not locked out from world quests by completing BoD normal. Also you won't get BoD gear from world quests.

> Heroic BoD is even more of a waste of time. Effort and difficulty are so much higher than 4 world quests a day that it's absolutely not worth getting into that.

Again, why do you compare raid with weekly quests? You can do both for more loot.

> People who did any of that could just have waited until now and accomplish the same in a single week. Doing it from now on is a waste of time aswell.

And if they would wait 1 more year, they could clear BoD solo. What's your point? WoW was like that since vanilla.

> If that's not invalidated content I don't know what is.

Nothing wrong with invalidating obsolete content. Do you want to progress molten core on your fresh alts?

What's the point of grinding M+ and heroic BoD when you can get the same ilvl mindlessly killing boars in Nazmir now ?
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is why raider.io exists in the first place. To separate the scrublords with gear from people that can actually play

Nothing wrong with invalidating obsolete content. Do you want to progress molten core on your fresh alts?
    We did it, no one ever bitched about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    this is why raider.io exists in the first place. To separate the scrublords with gear from people that can actually play
    Alts were not thing back in vannila and those who actualy had one had no problem to trough old raids again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty funny how extreme Blizz has gotten with catch-up mechanics. Daily quests invalidating current raid content is not something I expected to see.

I play this game for the people I play with not for the content. I accept that Blizz will always fuck the game up in certain peoples perspectives. I'd rather smoke and drink with friends for 6 hours a week in a raid then go out and farm gear alone. Yes Blizzard is trivializing certain content for the casual masses but who really cares? If "I care" just popped in to your head then you should seek out a game that clearly shows you are better than others because that is what you are really after.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Well my warrior is 381 abd i dinged lvl 120 2 weeks ago. I didnt do single dungeon or even LFR raid yet.
    You're not going to get anywhere close to 410 by doing that, unless you sacrifice goats every time you do LFR and get titanforged gear.

LFR only drops 370. Mythic dungeons only drop 370.
    To push higher you'd have to be doing normal/heroic, or M+5.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    If you spend 13 weeks "progressing" to 400 ilvl, yes, you should just sit back and wait for welfare instead.
    This. Holy shit. I literally did nothing but emissaries, the first 4 bosses on heroic, my weekly 1x mythic+ for the cache and the warfront every other week and i'm sitting at 410.

These changes help alts. They don't invalidate shit that wasn't already invalidated. There is a reason every group instantly disbands the second opulence heroic dies. No one needs 400 ilvl gear. This change is purely aimed at alts. You can fucking buy 415 azerite gear off the vendor TODAY my dude.

> Normal BoD is a waste of time at this point, even though it takes more effort to complete than doing 4 world quests.

Why is it a waste? You just getting more chances to get more loot. You're not locked out from world quests by completing BoD normal. Also you won't get BoD gear from world quests.

> Heroic BoD is even more of a waste of time. Effort and difficulty are so much higher than 4 world quests a day that it's absolutely not worth getting into that.

Again, why do you compare raid with weekly quests? You can do both for more loot.

> People who did any of that could just have waited until now and accomplish the same in a single week. Doing it from now on is a waste of time aswell.

And if they would wait 1 more year, they could clear BoD solo. What's your point? WoW was like that since vanilla.

> If that's not invalidated content I don't know what is.

Normal rewards are 385, which is lower than emissaries. No point in doing normal = invalidated.

Heroic rewards are 400, which is equal or a little higher than emissaries. You could do it but it's so much more time consuming that it's not really worth doing for slightly higher ilvl.

For people who raid normal this means that they have no actual content left. Heroic is too difficult and they don't get anything from normal. Same goes for Crucible of Storms. Nothing worth doing for them. This is Blizzards reward structure imploding on itself.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    It is pretty funny how extreme Blizz has gotten with catch-up mechanics. Daily quests invalidating current raid content is not something I expected to see.
    The worst part about this change is the fact that gearing is already so ridiculously fast that most people can get an alt to 400+ within a few weeks.

What they can't do on the other hand is catch up their neck to 48. What use is having 400 ilvl gear if it all requires 48 levels in the neck which takes like 2 months? I mean fuck, my main just hit 48 the other day and i do all of the content every week.

Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Well, if you raided mythic, you did that to have a 10-15 ilvl advantage over people who are now getting their welfare items.

According to Blizzard 30 ilvl difference are a significant increase in Power and 15 not being enough, which means people are spending around 12 hours of pure raiding time (+ the time it takes to farm gold/consumables for mythic raiding), only to have an insignificant advantage over those who barely play the game.

That is for sure great game design.
    Yup. I quit raiding in legion because of this problem, which is made even worse by wf/tf. and its only gotten worse since then.