Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by help helper View Post
    Ah yes the infamous 1 single item to 1 of 4 slots once a week with the item lvl that was already irrelevant 2 months ago. Literally killing the game.
    Itemlvl is still relevant. it isnt 1 item per week. It is far more it depends on rng. And people actualy quit progression guilds and entire game becouse of broken gearing.

OP must be new to the game. Catchup gear has been around for several years.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine whining about welfare gear in the world of Titanforging. The Gear is pointless in the game nowadays that they could hand out free mythic gear and it still wouldn't change a thing.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Aggressive catch up mechanics have been in the game since mid WOTLK, season 3 is not that far away which will boost all items level by 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Look guys.

I came back from a 5 month break on a new character dinging 120 on 14/4/2019. I'm not in a guild right now. My Warlock is already 398 now and could be 400 if I'd be able to ditch my 360 ring.

This might come as a surprise and might be tough for you to handle, but the catchup mechanics are already there.

If you believe this means there's no incentive to raid Mythic, I'll go on a limb and say you weren't raiding Mythic in the first place.
    Bingo all this does is make it slightly easier for me to get closer to ilvl400 a bit easier thats it.

Ilvl should have fuckall to do with your desire to raid. You should raid to raid. If you only raid to watch a number go up faster than someone else's number, go play an idle game, you'll feel a lot less stress. If you only raid to "beat the scrubs" or however you frame the physical manifestation of your internal superiority, go play an FPS or something else that is legitimately skills based. I will never understand the existence in this game of people like you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    I wanted. I rolled tank warrior on Silvermoon alliance to start progressing in mythic+, normak and maybe some heroic raiding. When i saw this change i completly lost any interest doing such content. I even think about quiting game till classic. And i am casual player i have done 0 serious raiding since WoD. So to people what think this change is good for majority i have bad news for you. No it isnt.
    This is the most incoherent nonsense I've seen this week. "I wanted to gear up my toon and play him, but a new Avenue opened for me to gear so now I want to quit". Logic, meet Window
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Well wasn't raiding for the experience rather than the loot? I mean it was to have fun with a group of people that more than often you've probably been with for quite some time. It was to show your skill at playing the game and to figure out and conquer the new raid. Loot was just a bonus, or at least that's what I used to hear all the time?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Well wasn't raiding for the experience rather than the loot? I mean it was to have fun with a group of people that more than often you've probably been with for quite some time. It was to show your skill at playing the game and to figure out and conquer the new raid. Loot was just a bonus, or at least that's what I used to hear all the time?!?!
    Games are always effort vs. reward... whether it be a new ability, gear, or currency, but it needs to be balanced. Right now the effort required to get a bunch of people together, herd cats for 4-8 hrs a week, and plan for days outside of that is not matched by the reward you are given.

Why take all that time when you can either just go out in the world and collect squirrels or just get 4 other competent folks together and spam M+ and reap equal or better rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Games are always effort vs. reward... whether it be a new ability, gear, or currency, but it needs to be balanced. Right now the effort required to get a bunch of people together, herd cats for 4-8 hrs a week, and plan for days outside of that is not matched by the reward you are given.

Why take all that time when you can either just go out in the world and collect squirrels or just get 4 other competent folks together and spam M+ and reap equal or better rewards.
    Oh no sir you are wrong they still do only difference now is every once in a blue moon you might get a heroic ilvl gear once a month your reaching here.

As I said.

You should not be rewarded Normal raid quality gear just because you can capture some squirrels or kill 10 wildlife. Or a damn 385 trinket/ring for being able to draw a shape.

Not only is the treadmill fucked this expansion it's balance is so out of whack favouring reward over effort.

It's not about other people wearing Normal gear either. It's about the fact that reward trumps effort which is stupid. And it's not keeping people subbed when those rewards are RNG based since the Tortollan ones are just a cache like the equipment/azerite caches.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    As I said.

You should not be rewarded Normal raid quality gear just because you can capture some squirrels or kill 10 wildlife. Or a damn 385 trinket/ring for being able to draw a shape.

Not only is the treadmill fucked this expansion it's balance is so out of whack favouring reward over effort.

It's not about other people wearing Normal gear either. It's about the fact that reward trumps effort which is stupid. And it's not keeping people subbed when those rewards are RNG based since the Tortollan ones are just a cache like the equipment/azerite caches.
    Why not? Elaborate. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t cite that you get gauranteed upgrades equal to a normal raid but then complain about RNG keeping you from said upgrades.
    Also, we are discussing normal raid ilvl gear.
    1st off, the catch up allows people who are struggling on that difficulty a way to attempt to continue to progress. It also gives players who don’t raid at all a chance to continue player progression.
    Players asked for this. They wanted a reason to log in as well as ways to not fall sofas behind other players that do harder content.
    Your posts never get old, complaining for the sake of just to complain.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-04-21 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Oh no sir you are wrong they still do only difference now is every once in a blue moon you might get a heroic ilvl gear once a month your reaching here.
    M+ drops heroic ilvl pieces every time you do it (+10) and you get Mythic ilvl ever chest... for a LOT less effort.

M+ drops heroic ilvl pieces every time you do it (+10) and you get Mythic ilvl ever chest... for a LOT less effort.
    Not like a +10 is that hard either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not like a +10 is that hard either.
    You don't even need to finish in time, just bounce between even easier +9s and +10s, +9 is likely to warforge or titanforge anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'll never understand this whiny argument. So after this change, the scrubs will have a 390-400 ilvl, and the elites will have a 410-420 ilvl.

This has always been the disparity between the scrubs and the elite since at least Wrath.
    Since Wrath? We didn't have ilvl till Cataclysm. In vanilla and TBC Blizzard didn't care if your guild wasn't good enough to do the latest raid as long as you were progressing but for Wrath when they added heroic raiding only the best guilds were clearing that content, (after grinding in normal to get to that stage).

You don't even need to finish in time, just bounce between even easier +9s and +10s, +9 is likely to warforge or titanforge anyway.
    Hence why I play games that aren't heavily reliant on BS RNG mechanics like titanforging. I know exactly what can drop and won't be at the mercy of any rng factors other than the drop % which is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Why would any sane person choose to actually raid and invest that much more time when they can get the same rewards 3 months later without any effort by doing trivial content?
    I will never touch BfA again bevore it's final content patch, for exactly that reason.

At least, after that, all the stuff I've "earned" for the "challanges" has some worth for at least a year.

Maybe classic release before this happens, then, retail will probably never see me again, except they'll do a 180° turn around with the next addon.

Blizzard invalidating content, since 2007.

Like this is anything new. In TBC you could get Black Temple gear when Sunwell came out, and gear equal to TK gear when Zul Aman came out. Every expansion has expanded this system further. In Legion it stepped up a bit because of mythic+ and world quest, they wanted stuff to be relevant through the whole expansion, instead of parts of the expansion. Remember when dungeons stopped being relevant after a month? Was that a good system?

Sure, we got preferences, but this system allows people not only to catch up, but also have a chance to strengthen your character further while you wait for next content. We can agree or not if it's a good system, but this is something that has been in the game for 12+ years.

Timegate and this superfast gear grabbing mechanism will unironically kill the game if they keep it next expansion