Page 1 of 58
1
2
3
11
51
... LastLast
  1. #1

    CoS - World First Thread

    Couldn't find one yet so let's get tbis started.

    Does this raid (not) matter?

    Are you afraid of this raid being a pushover conisdering how easy heroic was?

    Are there any guilds besides the obvious two that are day raiding this time?

    Edit: I goofed the tittle pepehands
    Last edited by niirb; 2019-04-21 at 09:12 AM.

  2. #2
    CoC, eh? Got something on your mind you wanna share with the class?

    OT:

    inb4 sweep by a Chinese guild nobody's heard about since nobody gives a shit about Crucible.

  3. #3
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,085
    I mean it still matters, just maybe not as *much* as a proper tier. I think most if not all of the current day raiding guilds will still be doing that, they'll see this as a good opportunity to maybe get some extra ranking given that it is just 2 bosses.

    First boss will drop very quick but the last boss will probably be another 300 pull one.

  4. #4
    Top guilds are almost at 420 ilvl. First boss shoul die in less than and hour at least is incredible overtuned. Second boss could last a little longer but again at least is overtuned should die fast because the avergae ilv is high, aslo almost all the top raider should have amulet at 50 before mytych opens.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by niirb View Post
    Couldn't find one yet so let's get tbis started.

    Does this raid (not) matter?

    Are you afraid of this raid being a pushover conisdering how easy heroic was?

    Are there any guilds besides the obvious two that are day raiding this time?
    Method is preparing this mini raid seriously, considering the amount of raids they are doing (both BoD mythic and CoS heroic on multiple chars). Not as extreme as BoD obviously. CoS matters for them.

    CoS HC was a pushover because it was done by people outgearing the content, getting 410 rewards while being 415-420 stuffed.

    According to Limit's GM they won't be day raiding. https://twitter.com/maximumwow/statu...80150470311936
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-04-20 at 08:38 PM.

  6. #6
    If Uu’nat is a long fight it will be brutal in difficulty if just because of the Augur constellations. Also though the healing immunity debuff in the last phase. You’ll just run out of steam.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    Top guilds are almost at 420 ilvl. First boss shoul die in less than and hour at least is incredible overtuned. Second boss could last a little longer but again at least is overtuned should die fast because the avergae ilv is high, aslo almost all the top raider should have amulet at 50 before mytych opens.
    They’re probably going to tune the last boss around this or something very close to this. They generally tune last bosses around world first/method anyway (they’ve said this themselves) so I’m assuming it’ll go down in 4-5 days if it’s tuned correctly, longer if it’s overtuned. It’s got some pretty rough mechanics so we’ll see. This is strictly about the last boss. First boss will probably fall over first day.

  8. #8
    Aren't COS only couple bosses?.... I think it'll be dead within three days for certain, but looking over tough mechanics i expected it tuned properly. Of course i expect few OVERTUNED mechanics that make WF longer.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2019-04-21 at 09:11 PM.

  9. #9
    Amount of bosses don’t matter. Its just how hard are the last couple. In terms of WF race, each raid might as well be a 2-3 boss raid anyways to them and in regards to length of time it takes to clear.

    Cabal is going to be a relative pushover for anyone who has cleared Jaina since it’s supposed to be tuned around a middle tier BoD boss. So.... ya.

    Uu’nat is the big question. It’ll very likely be exceedingly hard for anyone not named Method and such, but will it be for them? It probably will all depend on if his hp is undertuned or not.

  10. #10
    I hope CoC is really hard

  11. #11
    Btw, what’s with calling it CoC? Is that the acronym in a non-English language? What does Crucible of Storms translate to?

    Idc either way, just curious.

  12. #12
    Personally rooting for slootbag and friends in this one.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    They’re probably going to tune the last boss around this or something very close to this. They generally tune last bosses around world first/method anyway (they’ve said this themselves) so I’m assuming it’ll go down in 4-5 days if it’s tuned correctly, longer if it’s overtuned. It’s got some pretty rough mechanics so we’ll see. This is strictly about the last boss. First boss will probably fall over first day.
    It is a big deal because in something like BoD Method was pushing Jaina at 403 in a raid that drops 415 with a cap of 425.

    Now they are 420 in a 9 boss raid that drops 415 and 1 boss that drops 420.

    They cannot "gear up" on this fight to any appreciable degree, and a lot of other mythic guilds are in the same position. If the last boss stumps Method for days and 300+ pulls anyone out of the top 100 may as well not bother.

  14. #14
    Lol, CoC. Bit of a Freudian slip...

    Pls don't share anything about your attraction to your mother.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    It is a big deal because in something like BoD Method was pushing Jaina at 403 in a raid that drops 415 with a cap of 425.

    Now they are 420 in a 9 boss raid that drops 415 and 1 boss that drops 420.

    They cannot "gear up" on this fight to any appreciable degree, and a lot of other mythic guilds are in the same position. If the last boss stumps Method for days and 300+ pulls anyone out of the top 100 may as well not bother.
    We’re world 370 or so and we’ll be doing it. We’ll be relaxing a bit more since we just killed Jaina a little while ago but we definitely are going for it. I don’t see why anyone that is 9/9 wouldn’t do it just to get CE. There’s really no reason not to, outside of farming bod there won’t be much else to do.

    For those who aren’t 9/9, best bet would probably be to focus on bod until they’re done progressing as crucible won’t offer much outside of the usual CE achiev.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-21 at 04:46 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    We’re world 370 or so and we’ll be doing it. We’ll be relaxing a bit more since we just killed Jaina a little while ago but we definitely are going for it. I don’t see why anyone that is 9/9 wouldn’t do it just to get CE. There’s really no reason not to, outside of farming bod there won’t be much else to do.

    For those who aren’t 9/9, best bet would probably be to focus on bod until they’re done progressing as crucible won’t offer much outside of the usual CE achiev.
    Of course anyone 9/9 should try.

    If it's tuned like Jaina and Methods gear at the time it would be like your guild needing to land a Jaina kill at 405 average raid level.

    How much harder do you think she would have been for you if your raid lost maybe 10 item levels?

    That seems to be about the jump from the world first levels.

  17. #17
    Shout out to method josh

    *Infracted and removed offensive word*
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2019-04-23 at 06:42 PM.

  18. #18
    Big yikes with the hard r there @Jdance.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Of course anyone 9/9 should try.

    If it's tuned like Jaina and Methods gear at the time it would be like your guild needing to land a Jaina kill at 405 average raid level.

    How much harder do you think she would have been for you if your raid lost maybe 10 item levels?

    That seems to be about the jump from the world first levels.
    I agree it’s going to be pretty rough, I know what your saying. Honestly I don’t really mind but it’s hard to judge since we don’t actually know how difficult it’ll be. I’m assuming they’re tuning the boss for method as they do with other end of raid bosses, if that’s the case unless they mess up yeah it’ll be pretty insane. I don’t personally have an issue with this, I want it to take a little while but I can see the concern.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Btw, what’s with calling it CoC? Is that the acronym in a non-English language? What does Crucible of Storms translate to?

    Idc either way, just curious.


    I just goofed with the thread tittle it's CoS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •