Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So all the people saying there was no race were wrong. Ended up within a few hours of each other. But Pieces didn't stream so yeah hard to tell. I had been guessing Pieces or some other random guild would take it today if Method didn't kill it yesterday. Just need a good pull. Somebody in Method must be haunted by the tank death and boss going immune at 2%. A boss going immune or healing can be rage inducing.

Official shoutout from Blizzard is up now

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-pieces/165303

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mythic Crucible of Storms - World First for Pieces

Just wanted to give a shout out to Pieces on being the first guild to clear Mythic Crucible of Storms. Grats on defeating Uu’nat and the Hall of Fame entry!

Crucible of Storms - Mythic Raid Hall of Fame - WoW
    The Crucible of Storms Hall of Fame showcases the top 100 World of Warcraft raiding guilds in the world for each faction as they battle for dominance and immortal glory.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-05-03 at 09:42 PM.

WP Pieces, but Method will win the next (big, long) tier

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    WP Pieces, but Method will win the next (big, long) tier
    Will I certainly hope this win motivates guys at Pieces to put in even more effort. Method sure as hell will reform to some degree after this (fiasco), so we might be in for a very, very interesting race.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Will I certainly hope this win motivates guys at Pieces to put in even more effort. Method sure as hell will reform to some degree after this (fiasco), so we might be in for a very, very interesting race.
    Yeah, may the team with the most collective vacation time/sickdays avaliable win.

Quote Originally Posted by plexxrock View Post
    Checking yourself out of a mental health clinic in Sweden in order to go home and play a game for 10-12+ hours a day is unhealthy any way you try and spin it bub. There's nothing to understand about the situation what so ever.

SJW? You are seriously on one for even using the term in relation to this.
    If a person can just arbitrarily check in and out of the mental health institution, they are probably not a threat to themselves or to anyone else.

And you do not know anything beyond that.

Why do you assume the person in question has no capacity to make a good decision of what they can handle and how it might affect them (in good way or bad way)?

What if the person consulted with doctors before checking out, with full disclosure about their intentions to spend time playing a game?

Neither you nor the Method organization has any reason to make far fetched conclusions about the case just from the information you provided. If anything, you just show your weird prejudices by trying to be outraged based on the little amount of info that you know.

Yeah, may the team with the most collective vacation time/sickdays avaliable win.
    Go back to mental health drama, who has more free days has been overdone already.

Quote Originally Posted by TwitchPrime View Post
    Method couldn't overgear the content by buying every TF from multiple servers like they do in bigger raids so they lost obviously.
    Not even having an unfair advantage by exploiting the Shaman Ankh cooldown reset could help Method secure the world first kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did bozzle change name to styil :thinking:
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    If.
    Could be i'm doing it based on the percentage of mental illness in the country in question, coupled with a very deep and well funded amount of knowledge about the ins and out of the psychiatric care in said country aswell. And unlike you, isn't just creating hypothetical scenarios based on no empirical evidence what so ever. As evidenced by this little brilliant nugget of wisdom.

What if the person consulted with doctors before checking out, with full disclosure about their intentions to spend time playing a game?
    If you actually believe there's any mental health professionals who haven't found their credentials in the bottom of a cereal box that would think that would be a good idea.

Then i also have a bridge to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    What? Pieces did the exact same thing with their shaman. And they had 5 of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=UUgpED84s-w

Around 3:55 they activate tempest and then shaman kills himself around 4:00 and ankhs.
    The issue is not about using Ankh, the issue was Method's shamans leaving the raid, going to the last boss of End Time to circumvent the cooldown of Ankh by exploiting the boss' mechanics, just so they could gain an unfair advantage by saving time and dropping shamans for more warlocks. Whereas Pieces did the honourable thing and brought more shamans so they could rotate shaman Ankh's every pull.

Grats to Pieces. I like Method too!! What I really wanna see though? An ALLIANCE WORLD FIRST.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

This was the most exciting race!

So you're implying Pieces didn't reset their ankhs the same way as method which wouldn't make sense to designing 700 pulls worth of attempts around a strategy that cannot be done consistently. That seems extremely unbelievable that they killed a 700 attempt boss around a strategy they could only use every hour. I think you're really stretching because Josh even said that's the strategy they used (unless you have a better source of information)
    It depends how many ankhs they need to use each attempt, also, not sure where you are sourcing that ankn is the an hour cd.
    Its been 30 minutes for years, and an azerite traits reduces cd by additional 50%.
    So with 5 shamans, they theoretically have an ankn every 3 minutes. (Potentially, on bad wipes where multiple ankns are used, they may use the end time reset)
    I agree though, styil's previous claims are assumptions.

I would be interested to hear confirmed, aside from Josh's claims, pull counts from Pieces too.

Nice signature though, the irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one of the dumbest things iv'e read so far this year. Assuming you aren't a robot who is completly devoid of being able to have empathy for anything, then yeah, nature kind of dictates you should feel required to do something.

Especially if you are supposed to be a ''leader'' for a group of people.

And to be honest, yeah the way ''hardcore'' raiding today functions should be critizized heavily, because the structure of it is far far from healthy. Something should have been done a long time ago when it started to jump the rails in Sunwell and after that it's just escalated to a point where it's completly out of control.

When competition starts becoming about who can put in the most hours, it stops being about ability.

THAT is what you focused on? In that entire post.. THAT was where you wanted the takeaway to be? There is difference between sympathy and empathy. The former is useful, the latter is extremely problematic.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

So you're implying Pieces didn't reset their ankhs the same way as method which wouldn't make sense to designing 700 pulls worth of attempts around a strategy that cannot be done consistently. That seems extremely unbelievable that they killed a 700 attempt boss around a strategy they could only use every hour. I think you're really stretching because Josh even said that's the strategy they used (unless you have a better source of information)
    The shaman Ankh cooldown with the traits is 15 minutes. With 5 shamans it is very unlikely that Pieces would've exploited this mechanic as it is almost certain that they'd have an Ankh up every time. Compared to Method who were running only 1-2 shamans just so they could stack warlocks and gain an unfair advantage. But it backfired.

ViklunD last 3 minutes before he logged off was kind of depressing to watch.

Don't think he's going to be raiding anymore.
    lol viklund is the most emo streamer of them all. I remember when serenity broke up I thought he was either gonna jump off a bridge or open a chain off Hot Topics in sweeden or w/e bs country he is from
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2019-05-05 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    lol viklund is the most emo streamer of them all. I remember when serenity broke up I thought he was either gonna jump off a bridge or open a chain off Hot Topics in sweeden or w/e bs country he is from
    I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Mental health is a serious concern and should be taken seriously.

Also nice country/nation bashing....
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-05-04 at 01:27 AM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    The shaman Ankh cooldown with the traits is 15 minutes. With 5 shamans it is very unlikely that Pieces would've exploited this mechanic as it is almost certain that they'd have an Ankh up every time. Compared to Method who were running only 1-2 shamans just so they could stack warlocks and gain an unfair advantage. But it backfired.
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    The issue is not about using Ankh, the issue was Method's shamans leaving the raid, going to the last boss of End Time to circumvent the cooldown of Ankh by exploiting the boss' mechanics, just so they could gain an unfair advantage by saving time and dropping shamans for more warlocks. Whereas Pieces did the honourable thing and brought more shamans so they could rotate shaman Ankh's every pull.

I don't consider it an exploit as the boss is scripted literally to allow you to reset all your cooldowns five times, if they want to spent 3-4 mins between pulls to have a try with ankh then that's up to them.

Both Method & Aversion who are also streaming are doing this and Blizzard has sent no PMs to either guild telling them to stop afaik. Bear in mind this is not required to kill the boss either and it was simply to have shamans die with the storm relic to avoid a huge aoe therefore nullifying healing required from that ability maybe once or twice per fight which if you brought 4 healers should not be a problem anyway.

With Pieces I think it's more along the lines of different strategy. Method clearly wanted as many affliction warlocks as possible to cheese the last phase with self sufficient classes whereas Pieces also wanted that to a degree but also wanted high boss damage from the elemental shamans.

You have to also take into account Pieces I imagine doesn't have the ability to simply swap to 12 warlocks because they don't gear 3-4 characters per player to 48-50 necks with almost all those characters with optimal gear.

Pieces fully deserved the kill.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-05-04 at 01:22 AM.

After listening to what ViklunD said prior to going offline, about being in a clinic for mental health, and checking himself out of said clinic to be in the race. If any of the leadership in Method knew about this, or if anyone in the guild did and they still allowed it, that's beyond fkd.
    I am curious why you seem to have so much empathy for Viklund that you make an account here, or post for the first time - but rather than showing empathy for Method you choose to attack them. Is there a reason you dont consider that they might not know, that Viklund never told, that Viklund may enjoy this kind of activity, that it would be patronising to tell members they are not allowed to raid - or any other situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If I knew a team mate of mine left treatment for mental issues to raid with us I would tell him to log off and get his ass back into treatment because its not worth it.
    This 100%. While not mental issue. I actually fractured my elbow (radial head to be precise) at work while Throne of Thunder was the tier going. As a main tank I was desperate to get passed Lei Shen that I knew I would be in a cast if I went to the hospital and be unable to perform, so I put it off for well over a week. Because of that it never healed properly and I still have slight pains with the elbow to this day.

This game, or any other is not worth fucking over your health for either mentally or physically no matter what level you're playing at.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Grats to Pieces. I like Method too!! What I really wanna see though? An ALLIANCE WORLD FIRST.
    Can't really see that happening. Isn't the biggest alliance guild the one on Stormrage Club Camel? I mean they're good but they're not at that level and if things continue likely jump horde too on Illidan or something (Since Horde on Stormrage is deadder than insert dead wow character here) =/

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Mental health is a serious concern and should be taken seriously.

Also nice country/nation bashing....
    Unfortunately there are many people that actually don't believe in mental health issues. Dealt with many and seriously they post and talk like the guy you replied to.