Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    It seems you lot are missing the point, they're using 8 shadow priests because priests can remove the damage buff at will without the need of a healer, damage is not the sole reason.
    so can warlocks (imp dispel), but you don't see them gear up much
    maybe other guilds will, who knows?

lmao why do randoms always give a shit about class stacking every tier. its always going to happen dude

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    It seems you lot are missing the point, they're using 8 shadow priests because priests can remove the damage buff at will without the need of a healer, damage is not the sole reason.
    Shadow priests bring mass dispel, indeed, but from a dps standpoint this fight favors SP more than warlock or boomkin. Limit decided to add two more SP after watching the SP damage on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    most likely seeing how people did jaina very undergeared and how they have 6-7 alts geared to the teeth.

unless blizzard makes it mathematicaly impossible for week 1 /shrug

in any other case wouldnt be surprised if we see comps like 7 shadow priests 7 afflicion locks on day 1 kills ^^ :P
    People were running 4/4 and have switched to 8 shadow priest apparently after they realized the hotfix nerf to shadow priests had almost no impact.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

The first boss seems like it's pretty tightly tuned all things considered.

A couple of guilds already made it to the last relic at 25%-ish, but they wiped to Berserk at 8:30. Limit is going to have the best comp for it, but they seem to have a lot of the basics of the fight wrong and keep failing super early into the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Well, I agree, not every spec should be ~equal on single target, if they have insane multidot, they should pretty much suck on single. But the fact is that everyone and their momma looks at single target sims and whines when they don't like what they see. And so blizzard is trying to keep every spec relevant on single target and that means that inevitably, if the dots have the same power on other targets, multidotters will be op on multidot and spec that don't have as powerful aoe as others will suck on aoe. Like look at mage vs rogue, both have ~same single target utility, and currently rogue is just way above mage in aoe. It's just a hole that they dug for themselves by insisting that everyone should do good single target dps.
    I mean warlocks and shadow priests are top on single target too.

Top single target should be Enh Shaman, SV Hunter, Arms Warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    10 friggin Shadow Priests.

Look, I don't blame Limit (or anyone who does that) at all. You gotta do what you gotta do to win. But this is ridiculous, and I'm not sure how Blizzard can ever fix this problem without either 1) never designing a boss that can be cleaved in such a way which would be bad, or 2) nerfing dot classes so hard they become otherwise worthless which would be worse.

Maybe add a diminishing return on dots, the same as in most conventional AoE...
    AoE classes were bad outside of AoE fights in TBC/WotLK and WoW was more popular than ever before or since.

AoE classes basically had no ST and ST classes basically had no AoE. I guess these days people would swap boss to boss whereas back then you just ran the same group for the most part. Talent change (hearth to Org) if you had specs that could do both.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post

- - - Updated - - -

AoE classes were bad outside of AoE fights in TBC/WotLK and WoW was more popular than ever before or since.

AoE classes basically had no ST and ST classes basically had no AoE. I guess these days people would swap boss to boss whereas back then you just ran the same group for the most part. Talent change (hearth to Org) if you had specs that could do both.
    exactly where was tbc rog combat bad?

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    exactly where was tbc rog combat bad?
    Since when was combat an AoE spec in tbc/wotlk? what.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Since when was combat an AoE spec in tbc/wotlk? what.
    blade flurry was bad in tbc?

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post

It's hard to judge because there are no pure single target fights in BoD; even Mekkatorque isn't completely single target (elemental shamans can dot the adds to get more Lava Burst proc chances I believe).

Blade Flurry cleaved to 1 other target, that is not AoE.

Blade flurry was a 2 min cooldown that allowed you to cleave 3 additional targets for 15 seconds (?). That was your only aoe as combat. It was a single target spec with triage option of limited aoe. And it was a damn good ST spec, for most of TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Limit is currently playing with... 9 priests.

Edit: 10 now!
    they are really determined waiting for 12 shadow priests ;P:P

Shadow priests bring mass dispel, indeed, but from a dps standpoint this fight favors SP more than warlock or boomkin. Limit decided to add two more SP after watching the SP damage on the boss.
    They actually added 3, they started with 5 and now they're at 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

It's stupid Method can just watch NA streams, that is the #1 reason Method won so many tiers in the past.

I just wanna point out that Pieces has 12 priests at neck 48(+) all with sliver and 10 of those are DPS.

It's hard to judge because there are no pure single target fights in BoD; even Mekkatorque isn't completely single target (elemental shamans can dot the adds to get more Lava Burst proc chances I believe).
    The problem is that they're still the top dog in single target regardless of there being no pure single target boss, though Grong is pretty close as it's difficult to actually cleave or have sustained multidotting. There's no reason that specs that supposedly "excel" in single target should be losing out in single target, aoe, sustained cleave, sustained aoe, and burst to the several specs that literally have it all.

Lets not even get into how tight the enrage timer is WHILE they're class stacking overpowered classes...
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    It's stupid Method can just watch NA streams, that is the #1 reason Method won so many tiers in the past.
    Limit didn't stream the previous raids. Method had intel thanks to NA streams on irrelevant bosses on Argus/Uldir/BoD. Try again.

Considering this is the first time Limit has streamed difficult bosses and most other guilds don't even stream progress when they're in the top .1%, you're wrong.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    1/10 attempt.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.