Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Limit already at 52 wipes and still more to come which puts this boss above the Mekkatorque/Stormwall in terms of difficulty/tuning.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Limit already at 52 wipes and still more to come which puts this boss above the Mekkatorque/Stormwall in terms of difficulty/tuning.
    Yes, and they aren't making much progress despite a very high dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Yes, and they aren't making much progress despite a very high dps.
    Watching Limit's stream they seem to wipe on the same shit all over again with people fucking up. Comparing to other streams(BDG, WCG), Limit seems so far away from a kill compared to the other guilds.

But they are also going for a far riskier tactic, which gives them massive DPS boost when combined with 8 Shadow priests. But if they just keep fucking up all the time and not actually progressing, not sure if it's worth it.

The boss has a pretty tight berserk timer at 8:30, Limit could probably do it without abusing the DPS buffs with their comp, but knowing Limit they will yet again overcomplicate shit and lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You can't go by class balance on what the world first group are doing. If there is a spec that does 0.5% more than others the world first group will put as many on that spec as possible to get any advantage they can.
    I think SP are doing more than 0.5% of the next class but yes you're not wrong about them bringing a class even if the difference is marginal.

3+ Year Old Account
    who cares about what 20 virgins kill

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Headstart in terms of actual progress time. They don't have to smash their heads to early bosses and fatigue themselves.

Knowing strats > 16 hours headstart
    Limit's vs Method's amount of Jaina kills proves this too. Method killed Jaina only 2 times while Limit is killing her with alts as well.
    do. not. reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    who cares about what 20 virgins kill
    You seem to care.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    You seem to care.
    There is always at least one edgelord like him in progress thread.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Watching Limit's stream they seem to wipe on the same shit all over again with people fucking up. Comparing to other streams(BDG, WCG), Limit seems so far away from a kill compared to the other guilds.

But they are also going for a far riskier tactic, which gives them massive DPS boost when combined with 8 Shadow priests. But if they just keep fucking up all the time and not actually progressing, not sure if it's worth it.

The boss has a pretty tight berserk timer at 8:30, Limit could probably do it without abusing the DPS buffs with their comp, but knowing Limit they will yet again overcomplicate shit and lose.
    If Limit plays well the tight berserk shouldn't be an issue with their raid comp with the twist of fate triggered on the SPs. But it's weird to see Limit play that poorly, they keep making dumb mistakes indeed. Healing requirements seem to be pretty tight aswell.

It’s clearly going to be nerfed. It’s just a matter of if it will be before someone kills it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    It’s clearly going to be nerfed. It’s just a matter of if it will be before someone kills it.
    Why does it need a nerf? No guild has made it to the end with min-maxing the DPS buffs while also having nobody die.

We haven't had a boss where DPS truly matters for a while as hard enrages have been pretty much non-existent in the past few tiers.

A whole day and first boss isnt dead? Color me impressed for an extra raid, i expected first boss down in a couple of hours and the other just a block like Helya.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    A whole day and first boss isnt dead? Color me impressed for an extra raid, i expected first boss down in a couple of hours and the other just a block like Helya.
    Not even a whole day, it has been 6-7 hours of raiding.

Not even a whole day, it has been 6-7 hours of raiding.
    Yeah well, went brain fart into EU hours since its 1am here, but still for a first boss its decent, although watching the stream for a minute it seems it might die today with Limit and their SPs ;p

Yeah well, went brain fart into EU hours since its 1am here, but still for a first boss its decent, although watching the stream for a minute it seems it might die today with Limit and their SPs ;p
    Looks like Limit stopped fucking around indeed (wipe at 20-25%). The boss should die soon.

An another note: the small add dying and resurrecting constantly is such a bulshit mechanic to trigger twist of fate reliably.

yeah expecting to see it dead really soon at this point, they've pretty much got it.

Well, multidot classes are always pretty hard to balance the more gear and the more haste players get. We had the same issue on HFC and Legion (minus the surrender to madness aberration). And the current raids (BoD and CoS) heavily favor multidotters by design: spread out targets, no aoe/heavy cleave fights (except Opulence, but for a brief period of time considering the length of the fight).
    It isn't that hard to tune multidoters, you don't even have to tune them specifically if that's going to be their niche. The problem in turn is that, lets use Shadow as an example, they also have superb single target which they shouldn't if their niche is going to be multi-dotting. Yes they should do about 75% of a spec that doesn't have the option of multidotting on pure single target. Otherwise you end up in a situation, like right now, where you literally have the top US guild running 8 Shadow Priests and are still struggling to beat the encounter because of a tight enrage timer.

A dot class should never excel in single target, AoE, multidot, and burst AoE all at the same time without having to even swap talents.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...unt&dataset=90
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...gregate=amount

This is exactly my point, first 5 in Dazar'alor have a huge lead over any other dps, and they're all multidot classes and several of the encounters DON'T HAVE consistent multidot opportunities. Even if you shift it to a mostly single target fight like Grong specs that are supposed to excel in single target are a good 6-7k behind Shadow Priest.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2019-04-23 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    yeah expecting to see it dead really soon at this point, they've pretty much got it.
    Only saw that one try and commented on that since it seemed they did decently but i dont think they got it that close, they still seem to underestimate Crushing Doubt explosion and dispel late so they randomly lose people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Yes they should do about 75% of a spec that doesn't have the option of multidotting on pure single target.
    75% would be really bad for them, shadow had bad single target for a long time with the reason being they had good 2-3 target cleave. It didn't work out for them. You'd see guilds maybe using one shadow priest. The only thing you can guarantee in a boss fight is there will be at least one boss. Let classes have good single target and also a niche they can have fun with every once in a while. Blizzard has just been using fights that favor multidotting classes a lot recently. They should get a nerf but blizzard should also take into account multidotting classes when designing encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It isn't that hard to tune multidoters, you don't even have to tune them specifically if that's going to be their niche. The problem in turn is that, lets use Shadow as an example, they also have superb single target which they shouldn't if their niche is going to be multi-dotting. Yes they should do about 75% of a spec that doesn't have the option of multidotting on pure single target. Otherwise you end up in a situation, like right now, where you literally have the top US guild running 8 Shadow Priests and are still struggling to beat the encounter because of a tight enrage timer.

A dot class should never excel in single target, AoE, multidot, and burst AoE all at the same time without having to even swap talents.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...unt&dataset=90
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...gregate=amount

This is exactly my point, first 5 in Dazar'alor have a huge lead over any other dps, and they're all multidot classes and several of the encounters DON'T HAVE consistent multidot opportunities. Even if you shift it to a mostly single target fight like Grong specs that are supposed to excel in single target are a good 6-7k behind Shadow Priest.
    I don't know enough about class balance to respond precisely so I'll trust you. But Limit is not wiping because of a lack of dps currently, but because they don't master the fight entirely. When they start the fight the timers says "13 minutes enrage" too.