Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    This is gonna come off as one of those "WoW is dying erma gerd!" posts.. but...

The more I see of BfA the more it seems like WoW is entering maintenance mode...
    I wonder what makes you think what seems to be the largest patch ever is maintenance?

Honestly like some people were saying, it is probably because their focus has been on the allied races/ goblin and worgen remakes.

i think they look dope, the purple plate one looks really cool... reminds me of my soulforge set

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    This is gonna come off as one of those "WoW is dying erma gerd!" posts.. but...

The more I see of BfA the more it seems like WoW is entering maintenance mode...
    They are going to minimum 2024 they have stated a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    All this art time has to go somewhere, I sense a world revamp for the next expansion.
    That's what I feel as well.

I feel like they are budgeting time to allocate more resources towards a much more demanding upcoming expansion.

I am guessing a whole new planet with continents as large as Classic's Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. I miss having a huge continent with multiple sub-zones. I'm tired of islands.

so far we had:

dungeon x2 (with couple of recolors)
    raids x2
    questing x2 (with couple of recolors)
    pvp x 4 (2 for ally, 2 for horde)

= 10 sets per armor type. that's ~40 sets total in game. (BFA only)

Compare that with Legion for example when we had:

dungeon sets (with recolors)
    2x unique pvp sets per season
    raid class sets (every raid gave 12 unique armor sets with recolors)
    questing sets (with recolors)
    tov sets (all 4 armor types with recolors)

cba to even count all those sets, it will just remind me how miserable failure BFA is.

I was trying to defend it for months... but I simply fail to do that now....

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    This doesn’t hold any water though as they did deliver more sets then in legion by a pretty big margin.
    While there are more sets, I just feel like they're half assed.

I truly miss tier sets. They were unique and class specific, not armor specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    IMHO, they're putting too much effort on the Mythic sets, which I just don't get. They acknowledge most players will never even enter a Mythic raid let along clear it... that's why we have multiple difficulties. Everyone can enjoy the raid, while keeping a challenge for the top 5% or so.

Yet all the sets for the past several Tiers have been pretty average except for the Mythic ones. I get it, Mythic needs some prestige, but lets not ignore the content most players are actually playing.
    IMHO, car companies are putting too much effort on Ferraris, which I just don't get. They acknowledge most players will never even drive a sports car let alone own one... that's why we have different types of cars. Everyone can drive a car, while keeping sports cars for the top 5% or so.

Yet all the cars in the past have been pretty average except for the Ferraris. I get it, sports cars need some prestige, but lets not ignore the cars that most people are actually driving.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    so far we had:

dungeon x2 (with couple of recolors)
    raids x2
    questing x2 (with couple of recolors)
    pvp x 4 (2 for ally, 2 for horde)

= 10 sets per armor type. that's ~40 sets total in game. (BFA only)

Compare that with Legion for example when we had:

dungeon sets (with recolors)
    2x unique pvp sets per season
    raid class sets (every raid gave 12 unique armor sets with recolors)
    questing sets (with recolors)
    tov sets (all 4 armor types with recolors)

cba to even count all those sets, it will just remind me how miserable failure BFA is.

I was trying to defend it for months... but I simply fail to do that now....
    Bfa is up 8 unique sets compared to legion even with 8.2 adding less then 7.2, how is that a failure?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    While there are more sets, I just feel like they're half assed.

I truly miss tier sets. They were unique and class specific, not armor specific.

I don’t see how making unique sets could be half assed when what we had before was recolours instead.

Not liking it is one thing but by all objective measure it seems to be a step up from legion.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-04-23 at 05:56 PM.

I kind of dig the mythic plate set. The rest are pretty crap though.

I don’t see how making unique sets could be half assed when what we had before was recolours instead.

Not liking it is one thing but by all objective measure it seems to be a step up from legion.
    I don't think that is a fair assessment. Tier sets in Night Hold (T19) are miles ahead of anything that's in BFA currently. There have been recolors but the mythic sets are gorgeous in Legion, which improved on the recolored versions by a good margin.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I don't think that is a fair assessment. Tier sets in Night Hold (T19) are miles ahead of anything that's in BFA currently. There have been recolors but the mythic sets are gorgeous in Legion, which improved on the recolored versions by a good margin.
    That’s all subjective though, on an objective basis the 14 sets added in 8.1 beat out the 4 in 7.1 as night hold just used the same sets in a different colour as EN. There is really no contest on which took more effort.

Blizz could have sold us easy on this by making awesome sets, but instead of shooting to impress, they under-delivered hard. They need to work on this. Many times, they've aimed to change a way of doing things that typically leaves the community sour, and instead of impressing them with said new changes, they instead further disappointed the community, in turn proving them right. They could have easily delivered some great new raid sets, proved the community wrong, and people would be more sold on the one armor per type idea

Quote Originally Posted by Lac View Post
    IMHO, car companies are putting too much effort on Ferraris, which I just don't get. They acknowledge most players will never even drive a sports car let alone own one... that's why we have different types of cars. Everyone can drive a car, while keeping sports cars for the top 5% or so.

Yet all the cars in the past have been pretty average except for the Ferraris. I get it, sports cars need some prestige, but lets not ignore the cars that most people are actually driving.
    Bravo. I’ve seen some ridiculous replies here over the years but that’s right up there. Kudos. Its almost as if all cars everywhere are made by the same company and sold at the same price? Are they? That would be news to me.

Anyway, sarcasm aside, making awesome Mythic sets isn’t an excuse to make the rest look like shit. I’d love a Ferrari but can’t afford one, that doesn’t mean I’m unhappy with Subaru Legacy or that Subaru toned it down to keep the prestige of a Ferrari intact.

FML

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Blizz could have sold us easy on this by making awesome sets, but instead of shooting to impress, they under-delivered hard. They need to work on this. Many times, they've aimed to change a way of doing things that typically leaves the community sour, and instead of impressing them with said new changes, they instead further disappointed the community, in turn proving them right. They could have easily delivered some great new raid sets, proved the community wrong, and people would be more sold on the one armor per type idea
    They really need to lay off playing darts to wheel of RANDOM IDEAS cuz they are continuing to look bad for themselves and they are not even realizing it and just embrassed themselves with beyond stupidity unnecessary stuff to add/remove/buff/nerf. Those Sets are beyond kindergarten level.. Hell my son even make a cool tmog set along with stick man with awesome tmog idea of his. This is just half BAKED BS.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The PVP sets in the past have had a real unified aesthetic, whether you like it or not. It just works as armour. Maybe you don't like it but it works.

The Uldir set was bland and sterile but that's Titan stuff for you. It's meant to be that way, more or less, I just can't stand it and think it reeks of weak effort. Troll raids have troll gear, same as every other time so that's up to you if you like it but it's entirely consistent with how things were in the past. This raid though looks incredibly bland for me outside of the Mythic set and while those are okay sets, the rest is...really really dull. The Mythic is nice I guess but it's definitely wayyyyyyyyyy less than we'd get from actual tier pieces. I know they aren't doing that but what I expected was a super cool set every time and we haven't gotten that. Some people go nuts for the troll stuff but again, troll raids are troll raids. They ALWAYS have troll stuff in them, meaning this time was neither better nor worse than any other time so I'm not bitching at it one bit. Uldir was painfully stale and while Titan stuff usually is, it was just...a bad place to start the new approach of 'one armour set for everyone'.

I dunno, it hasn't bothered me that much so far because I still mog shit from older expansions anyway but what gets me is that they can make really fucking solid PVP sets that have a genuine feel to them that is part of the expansion's faction war aesthetic (makes sense, they're PVP sets) but the raid sets besides the troll ones? Very lacking. I was expecting more from an Azshara raid. Granted we weren't going to get class tiers but that'd be fine if we got some super cool set anyway and we didn't. It's a big letdown. Is it the end of the world? Not really since there's already lots of cool sets to wear anyway but I'm still disappointed.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

This is just fucking embarrassing. For the first time ever, i am ashamed to be playing this game. I still enjoy the social aspect, so will continue to raid, but things like this are just one more straw, and the back is about to break. What an amazing let down - it looks like the bottom end pvp sets from BC. The art team has so much potential, and it has been the only positive for BFA for me (some of the zones and mobs / dungeons rather than specifically the gear), but this really is embarrassing and, to be honest, insulting. Part of the issue, as others have mentioned, is that they very clearly have started with the mythic set, and then toned it down for the other sets, instead of designing an amazing set for normal / heroic, and toning it down for lfr, and creating something special for Mythic - most of the mythic sets here barely look like raid sets.

It honestly just seems like very early on this expac Blizzard just threw their hands up and said "fuck it, this ones a wipe, lets keep all the good armor sets, and all the exciting class changes for the next expac so we can try and get our playerbase back then. Time to cut our losses"

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The cloth/leather aspirant look decent, the rest are garbage. They look terrible. Did it take the art team 5 minutes to do these? Like fuck, this is a massive downgrade compared to Legion.

Quality doesn’t seem to be going down big any objective measure, it might actually be going up. I can’t think of any other patch with as many unique mounts or models and even the raid gear while not looking the best still has more 3d assets on gloves chest boots then say wod tier sets.
    design is a part of art, so to me, its overall going down.

not that it matters with how the game plays at the moment

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss individual class tier sets...

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"