Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaelian View Post
    I miss individual class tier sets...
    And they'll be back. After the complaints about Azerite gear, which was the reason tier was scrapped for BfA, they will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=291246/...ace-armor-sets

These sets look absolutely horrible. And they promised we'd have more raids/dungeons with their own unique sets and that hasn't happened either. Now, some might like the simplistic design, but they are all just so uninspired, the cloth mythic one is the only one with any real draw. Perhaps if Heroic didn't look the same as reg and reg didn't look the same as LFR it would be bearable. But these are just so very boring.

Thoughts?
    Of course it wasn't gonna be more effort. One set for each armor type, and the different armor types are all derivatives of one another. They've run out of ideas, they have no passion left for the game and they are lazy.

7+ Year Old Account
    My problem with these sets are that they are too samey across the armor types, none of them stands out.
    You know a raid that did thematic armor sets well? Firelands. The sets were easily distuingishable from each other. They could have done that here too.

10+ Year Old Account
    did u actually believe them ? after the reskin of t6 in Legion it became sun clear that they run out of ideas for gear design, hence why they want to make less gear, and if u complain, 'transmog'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    And they'll be back. After the complaints about Azerite gear, which was the reason tier was scrapped for BfA, they will be back.
    why u so confident? literally every single living creature is against pruning yet blizz never backed down from it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    design is a part of art, so to me, its overall going down.

not that it matters with how the game plays at the moment
    A lot of legions art was just taking old designs and updating it so even that is arguable.

These sets looks like shit. They all look the same, nothing original. Even the colors are almost the same.

The design team had cost-cutting measures and the only person who is right now designing the sets is janitor or what?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. New sets looks like shit i mean the whole expansion. I dont know even 10y old kid would do better xD
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-04-24 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    A lot of legions art was just taking old designs and updating it so even that is arguable.
    Its funny you say that because id be happy if they pulled themsevles together and updated -all- old items with higher res textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post
    Given how unlikely it is that you can even finish a PvE transmog set I have lost almost all interest in them. Pretty much all the DK sets in legion required a BoE item to finish them. The ones so far in BFA I still haven't gotten all the parts of any of them. The last PvE transmog set I actually completed was the Heroic Nighthold DK set. Given a typical set has 8 parts and each part you have about a 1 in 4 chance of getting a drop from the appropriate boss and then its maybe 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 chance to actually get the transmog part, then of course factor in that at least some of them are going to be more useful to someone else in the raid than they will be to you and the odds of actually finishing a PvE transmog set is basically zero. At least the PvP ones you can pretty much guarantee the unlock if you are into that but the PvE ones at this point depend on either running the content multiple times a week with different chars who use the same armor type or just accept that it's not something you will complete until two expansions from now when you can go back and solo the content if you are bored enough.

And if you want the sets from easier difficulties, well who wants to do raid finder just to be that guy who gets items that are far worse than you have equiped just to keep them for the transmog instead of trading them to someone who actually needs them? Content that requires you to treat the players in your group badly just for a cosmetic reward is a bad idea.
    Nobody needs loot from LFR. Literally get better loot from WQs.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahhahaha these sets look ridiculous, and there's only a couple of them. Way to go Blizzard, way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    did u actually believe them ? after the reskin of t6 in Legion it became sun clear that they run out of ideas for gear design, hence why they want to make less gear, and if u complain, 'transmog'

- - - Updated - - -

why u so confident? literally every single living creature is against pruning yet blizz never backed down from it
    Facts are we have more HQ sets than ever before, and more sets than this point in Legion.

That is blatantly not true. Yes the vocal majority was against it, that may have been an overall majority, but there were plenty of people that welcomed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I don't think that is a fair assessment. Tier sets in Night Hold (T19) are miles ahead of anything that's in BFA currently. There have been recolors but the mythic sets are gorgeous in Legion, which improved on the recolored versions by a good margin.
    It doesn't matter if the new stuff looks worse. While I agree, they missed the mark on many of the designs, they still take time and resources to make, which means more time and resources have been put into making them for BfA than they did for Legion. Which is the whole point of the thread to begin with.

Of course they lied. Every BFA set is ugly as hell with an exception of Alliance Darkshore cloth pvp set, mail is also tolerable. Everything else? Garbage. Uldir was godawful, Stormgarde sets worse than vanilla elite pvp sets, BODA is just bones for everyone, 8.2 is ofc Nagas for everyone. If there's one thing I miss from Legion is the variety of good transmog sets.

Blizzard Dev #1: do you not like fish?

Blizzard Dev #2: yea, you all like fish don't you?

Fans: Booooooooo
    Last edited by Vollus; 2019-04-25 at 04:57 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It seems like their best work is going into heritage sets and warfront sets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It seems like their best work is going into heritage sets and warfront sets.
    Yeah, that's what puzzles me. Not that Heitage/WF armor should be bad or anything, but it seems they put all their creative eggs on this basket, and the raid sets suffer immensely in comparison. By the time ToS released in Legion I can confidently say every single class had gained at least one great set from raids. In BfA I'd say that only a few classes got sets that actually fit them at all, and of these only four (Uldir and BoD cloth, BoD leather, BoD plate, and only Mythic versions at that) are anywhere near good enough to use.

Now we got more and better racial sets than before; Orcs, Undead, and NEs and Humans in particular have a bevy of perfect sets to choose from now. But I don't think it was worth the cost. My Orc Warrior main uses BFA armor, but none of my other characters do or are ever likely to.

I don’t understand why we’ve gone from having a unique set per class to having just 1 set for each armour type. That is a huge reduction in diversity of armour dropping from a raid. Plus the non-Mythic sets look bland.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    @Jastall Agreed all over! The Warfronts are actually tempting enough for me to almost want to play again to get those sets, but raiding sets? Raiding sets seems kinda meh.

The design is really monotone (FISH FISH FISH) and none of them is memorable or stands out.

The quality of textures is okay and the 3D armor pieces look nice but the actual aesthetic and design of the sets is boring, bland, unimaginative, forgettable.

Reminds me of Cataclysm gear, except way more uninspiring and generic. Obviously on purpose, but I really dislike that approach to gear.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    I don’t understand why we’ve gone from having a unique set per class to having just 1 set for each armour type. That is a huge reduction in diversity of armour dropping from a raid. Plus the non-Mythic sets look bland.
    They wanted to put more time into sets outside of raids and for the most part they have been with say warfonts/PvP sets heritage sets ect.