Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am curious how so many news reporters won't name the religion of those attacked. Obama and Clinton both tweeting "Easter Worshippers" as if the very word "Christian" is taboo for them.
    it's not just them... a whole slew of lefties are calling them "easter worshipers" its fucking creepy... someone is giving directions on what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    Religion of peace strikes again, so after Christchurch when can we expect Imams wearing crosses, visiting churches and condemning this?
    Why should they wear crosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Oh wow. That was weird to see.

Well, I guess unlike Ramadan or Hanukkah, it's celebrated by everyone and not one religion. That's going to be the excuse.
    happy easter is all of a sudden no longer offensive, but don't you dare wish someone a merry christmas you intolerant assholes!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Oh wow. That was weird to see.

Well, I guess unlike Ramadan or Hanukkah, it's celebrated by everyone and not one religion. That's going to be the excuse.
    It isn't celebrated by everyone.

I am curious how so many news reporters won't name the religion of those attacked. Obama and Clinton both tweeting "Easter Worshippers" as if the very word "Christian" is taboo for them.
    I did find that an odd way to phrase it. It's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's definitely odd. Sri Lanka is roughly 8% Christian, so it's not like it's a national holiday everyone enjoys like it is in America.

And even of it was, if you go to church on Easter instead of hiding eggs for your kids, chances are near 100% you're a practicing Christian.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2019-04-22 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    It isn't celebrated by everyone.
    That's the joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I did find that an odd way to phrase it. It's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's definitely odd. Sri Lanka is roughly 8% Christian, so it's not like it's a national holiday everyone enjoys like it is in America.
    And there isn't a huge population of Muslims in America. But if people said "Ramadan worshippers were attacked", it'd be an extremely odd statement.

I agree this isn't huge. But it's fucking weird they couldn't say Christians.

I think its a taboo ideology in the west weirdly enough. I speaks to a moral code that people would rather abandon but still now and then in the quite hours they have alone still tugs at their conscious.

Jews celebrate Easter, so "easter worshippers" is not narrowing it down properly...what dickheads..

and if it had been jews targeted, i doubt those tweets would be so vague..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Jews celebrate Easter
    What..? No they don't.. Passover is not easter at all..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Jews celebrate Easter, so "easter worshippers" is not narrowing it down properly...what dickheads..

and if it had been jews targeted, i doubt those tweets would be so vague..
    Jews celebrate Passover at the same time. Some Russian Jews also celebrate both because why not... we still see it as a Christian thing though and do it more out of respect.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

It seems pretty darned obvious that, given the locations of the attacks (churches), all they're saying here is that the victims were people engaged in worship of this particular religious holiday. They're obviously Christians, by virtue of worshipping Easter, but it specifies that the targets were those in church engaged in active worship. That's it. Seeing any more than that is inserting your own issues into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I’m referring to another which is why I say you can’t jump to conclusions being there have been a number of attacks.
    Let's keep pretending this isn't the typical religion of peace attack, I can jump to any conclusion I want.
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

I work a lot, fuck my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It seems pretty darned obvious that, given the locations of the attacks (churches), all they're saying here is that the victims were people engaged in worship of this particular religious holiday. They're obviously Christians, by virtue of worshipping Easter, but it specifies that the targets were those in church engaged in active worship. That's it. Seeing any more than that is inserting your own issues into the mix.
    Then, why couldn't they Christians? It'd be as weird as referring to a shooting of a mosque "An attack on worshippers of Allah".

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    just bombs no guns. Looks like military grade high explosive, and alot of it.

Had to be someone with alot of experience bomb making to do this. The only failed device (so far) was a car bomb which indicates the bomb maker had a good design for a command detonated suicide device, but struggled with the timed or remote control firing train. The bomb maker must have had decent training and experience given that none of the vests failed.
    You sure seem knowledgeable about bombs... former EOD tech?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

They are really easy to brainwash into blowing themselves up, weak ass minds. They must sell them some amazing stories to fall for that shit and i have seen all of their shitty propaganda videos and all it does is to make me laugh how anyone can fall for that bullshit. Martyrs and Paradise? yeah your in for a big surprise.

Can we jump to conclusions now?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48012085
    National Thowheed Jamath was later named by a government spokesman as the main suspect.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48012694
    The group is believed to have splintered off from another hardline Islamist group in the country, the Sri Lanka Thowheed Jamath (SLTJ).
    (They are also seen as having international help.)

Then, why couldn't they Christians? It'd be as weird as referring to a shooting of a mosque "An attack on worshippers of Allah".
    First, who else would they be but Christians? It's a Christian holiday.

Second, no, it would be like referring to a shooting of a mosque during Ramadan as "an attack on Ramadan worshippers".

Which is exactly how stuff like that gets reported sometimes;
    https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-40343485

It's specifying those actively engaged in worship, rather than the greater religious community. That's literally it. If you're seeing anything else, it's because of a filter you have placed over your own perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    First, who else would they be but Christians? It's a Christian holiday.

Second, no, it would be like referring to a shooting of a mosque during Ramadan as "an attack on Ramadan worshippers".

Which is exactly how stuff like that gets reported sometimes;
    https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-40343485

It's specifying those actively engaged in worship, rather than the greater religious community. That's literally it. If you're seeing anything else, it's because of a filter you have placed over your own perspective.
    That's a really ironic statement from the guy who ignored everyone telling him that it was his fault he thought the okay sign is white supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    endus there is an easy explanation for this talking point https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...ot-christians/

its front page, no suprise theo the resident ethno nationalist brings it up and dextroden who has a criminally bad take on every topic chimes in

- - - Updated - - -

misspent youth, its probably not that hard to get TNT in Sri Lanka tbh
    I can kind of see why some people would be upset, since one has no mention of “Christians” while a different attack mentions Muslims.

And you don’t worship Easter, you celebrate the resurrection of Christ...
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.