Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
30
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellamas View Post
    I don't know anyone who worships Easter. There are billions of people on the earth so it is possible, I guess?
    Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter a lot more than Christmas.

  2. #382
    Herald of the Titans Minikin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i know what i would do if i was the sri lankan government.

    i'd bomb some muslim villages. yep.
    The Buddhists have been torching Christian and Muslim villages there for sometime
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

  3. #383
    Dead Brown Christians, no guns used, Islamic extremists perpetrators, CNN algorithm ignore.

    - - - Updated - - -

    NPC order to liberal followers Easter worshipers, whites racist, trump Russian agent. End message

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Here's more, from Majid Nawaaz, a former jihadi.
    The media and higher ups usage of framing is real.

    "Easter worshippers".. someone should slap him for that.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-04-22 at 07:14 PM.

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    The Buddhists have been torching Christian and Muslim villages there for sometime
    Not really Christians no... I find it weird you would try to lump that in.

  6. #386
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,699
    Could we please keep the focus on the actual tragedy of these attacks, and not the fragile feelings of unconnected Westerners who are pushing an anti-media agenda that has no relevance whatsoever to the story?

    I know you've found a way to try and make yourselves the real victims in all this, but the rest of us could give two shits and are concerned with the people who are actually dying.

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Could we please keep the focus on the actual tragedy of these attacks, and not the fragile feelings of unconnected Westerners who are pushing an anti-media agenda that has no relevance whatsoever to the story?

    I know you've found a way to try and make yourselves the real victims in all this, but the rest of us could give two shits and are concerned with the people who are actually dying.
    You mean like when people use a shooting to talk about white supremacy? That kind of concern?

  8. #388
    Herald of the Titans Minikin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Not really Christians no... I find it weird you would try to lump that in.
    Because when I visited Hikkaduwa two years ago most of the waiters at my hotel told how the media portrays bhuddists like some Hollywood peacenik when they desecrate Christian prayer areas frequently, compounded by property attacks.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning this. Just saying this is a damn circle. From cowards bombing churches, shooting up mosques. And it will only get worse I believe.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

  9. #389
    Why did people refer to the victims as Easter Worshippers? Is that some sort of NewThink to avoid saying Christian? Were the New Zealand victims referred to as Ramadan Worshippers? I don't get the label.

  10. #390
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Because it was Easter obvious, try not to read something into it that isn't there.
    I mean, this happens on both sides now. Dark chocolate “ugly duck” = racism.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  11. #391
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not really sure what the relevance is!

    They were celebrating Easter which is THE most important holiday in Christianity, guess some people don't know that.
    I’ve never heard that used before, I’ve never heard “Passover worshipper” to mean Jews either.

    It’s making something political when it ought not have been. To seem what? PC/sensitive?
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I’ve never heard that used before, I’ve never heard “Passover worshipper” to mean Jews either.

    It’s making something political when it ought not have been. To seem what? PC/sensitive?
    How would you feel about Torah Reader?

  13. #393
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    How would you feel about Torah Reader?
    Lol, nope, never heard that either... “people of the book”
    I’ve heated, but technically that can mean Jews, Christians or Muslims.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  14. #394
    Apparently Denmark's richest man lost 3 of his 4 children in the attacks, thats really awful.

    it is all around awful for all the people who lost loved ones in the attack but in the Danish news there is of course more focus on the danish victims.

  15. #395
    It is amusing seeing the difference in vitriol and vehemence between some of the folks in this topic and topics like the one about a citizen militia detaining illegal border-crossers in New Mexico.
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    It’s making something political when it ought not have been. To seem what? PC/sensitive?
    How is it political?
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

  17. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Lol, nope, never heard that either... “people of the book”
    I’ve heated, but technically that can mean Jews, Christians or Muslims.
    I'm trying out new terms. I've got Cross Carrier and Modesty Maniac for Christians.

  18. #398
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    How is it political?
    I do not think it is a coincidence that politicians and the media started using “Easter Worshippers” out of some natural language use. That sounds a lot like tortured language to be sensitive to the situation as they see it.

    I don’t think normal human speech would go to “Easter Worshippers” if not for some artificial interjection, my guess? Political.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  19. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I do not think it is a coincidence that politicians and the media started using “Easter Worshippers” out of some natural language use. That sounds a lot like tortured language to be sensitive to the situation as they see it.

    I don’t think normal human speech would go to “Easter Worshippers” if not for some artificial interjection, my guess? Political.
    Actually, this raises a good question. What would they have called them if it wasn't Easter?

  20. #400
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Actually, this raises a good question. What would they have called them if it wasn't Easter?
    Halloween Worshippers?
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •