Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Are you sure it’s “only” Americans? And why are American Christians ok to upset/ignore when they are upset?
    If I had to guess, the same reason we should ignore angry American Muslims.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Your focus on a question I asked instead of addressing my point is trying to detract from this.
    Your point of trying to detract from this terrorist attack because it involved Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    There it is again. I guess you're doing a good job not giving in to the devil's tools.
    I can tell you don't know much about religion.
    Calling out those false prophets and those who do not follow the word is a bastion of the Christian faith.
    Hardly a "devil's tool"

No one said I was a Christian in this thread, the perfect Christian or even practiced the faith. I am pointing out the Christian belief system

Church Goers, Easter Celebrants already exist. I’ve never heard of “Easter Worshippers” before this.
    To put a finer point on it, they weren't killed because they were worshiping on Easter. As if it had been some other Christian holiday, the violence would never have occurred. They were killed for their religion. They were killed because they were Christians. This is an important point.

This is very similar to calling what happened in Christchurch "the murder of mosque attendees". Sort of misses an important point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I can tell you don't know much about religion.
    Calling out those false prophets and those who do not follow the word is a bastion of the Christian faith.
    Hardly a "devil's tool"

No one said I was a Christian in this thread, the perfect Christian or even practiced the faith. I am pointing out the Christian belief system
    back when I used to be a christian
    You still seem to be as filled with fake superiority like one. Also, funny how someone who isn't a Christian is SOOOO opinionated about what a real one is.

If I had to guess, the same reason we should ignore angry American Muslims.

- - - Updated - - -

Your point of trying to detract from this terrorist attack because it involved Muslims.
    No I'm trying to point out that people are using one tragedy to deflect from another.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    No I'm trying to point out that people are using one tragedy to deflect from another.
    Like you are doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Yes I'm most definitely sure it's only US Americans and this is being used as a political tool, no where else do people give a shit if the word Christian is explicitly being used.
    So if I find a European article criticizing the use, you will admit being wrong?
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

Church Goers, Easter Celebrants already exist. I’ve never heard of “Easter Worshippers” before this.
    All three of those mean the exact same thing. Bet people would still find something to complain about. It's pettiness for the sake of being petty from the same crowd that complains about being 'PC'.

You still seem to be as filled with fake superiority like one. Also, funny how someone who isn't a Christian is SOOOO opinionated about what a real one is.

Someone can be filled with a large amount of information on anything and become what one would consider an "expert" on the subject.

So knowing more about the topic makes me filled with "fake superiority"?

I can know all there is to know about being an astronaut and speak about what it takes to be an astronaut without actually being one (since there are only a few thousand in the world).

I happen to be a former Christian.
    30 years, church, bible school/study, Christian college, minor in religious studies...…

You too seem to know how Christians feel and should feel what is your back ground?

Like you are doing right now.
    Not really. What you did was take a comment out of context and apply it to the discussion I was having with you.

I threw you a bone and I thought you might have some insight or be able to build upon the point the person I was replying to. But instead you have resorted to basically saying no u over and over
    Last edited by Josuke; 2019-04-23 at 01:17 AM.

Someone can be filled with a large amount of information on anything and become what one would consider an "expert" on the subject.

So knowing more about the topic makes me filled with "fake superiority"?

I can know all there is to know about being an astronaut and speak about what it takes to be an astronaut without actually being one (since there are only a few thousand in the world).

I happen to be a former Christian.
    30 years, church, bible school/study, Christian college, minor in religious studies...…

You too seem to know how Christians feel and should feel what is your back ground?
    Well, now you fucked yourself because you claimed you never practiced. Into the trash it goes.

And yes. I used to be a Christian. Shit heads like you are part of the reason I didn't want to be one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    All three of those mean the exact same thing. Bet people would still find something to complain about. It's pettiness for the sake of being petty from the same crowd that complains about being 'PC'.
    Maybe, or it’s about getting the same respect as Muslims.

Maybe, or it’s about given the same respect as Muslims.
    You mean Kosher practitioners? (Yes, I know more than *Unnamed Religion* followers keeps kosher.)

Maybe, or it’s about given the same respect as Muslims.
    I do think if the situation was in a different permutation, many objectors would see the issue clear as day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I do think if the situation was in a different permutation, many objectors would see the issue clear as day.
    I just think it’s lack of respect for one faith, and fetishism for another. Which is gaslighting when there is denial that this is indeed the fact.

Maybe, or it’s about getting the same respect as Muslims.
    Nothing is more disrespectful than derailing the actual issue because 'Easter worshipers' was used, the people who were targeted. The attackers specifically took advantage of people attending Easter services, people worshiping on Easter, Easter worshipers. People who were unfairly targeted while worshiping on a holiday they celebrate.

Christians celebrating Easter means the EXACT same thing as Easter worshipers.

Stop using tragedy for a bullshit argument in semantics.

I just think it’s lack of respect for one faith, and fetishism for another. Which is gaslighting when there is denial that this is indeed the fact.
    Oh, it's definitely gas lighting. Just on the side you're riding for. Let me know how the AP was in on it days before the attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Nothing is more disrespectful than derailing the actual issue because 'Easter worshipers' was used, the people who were targeted. The attackers specifically took advantage of people attending Easter services, people worshiping on Easter, Easter worshipers. People who were unfairly targeted while worshiping on a holiday they celebrate.

Christians celebrating Easter means the EXACT same thing as Easter worshipers.

Stop using tragedy for a bullshit argument in semantics.
    And Mosque goers got shot in New Zealand.

Well, now you fucked yourself because you claimed you never practiced. Into the trash it goes.

And yes. I used to be a Christian. Shit heads like you are part of the reason I didn't want to be one anymore.

Where did I claim that?

What I said was:

"No one said I was a Christian in this thread, the perfect Christian or even practiced the faith. I am pointing out the Christian belief system "

all very true, but never says I never practiced or was part of the faith.

I mean you even say it in your quote

Used to be....I mean you could probably look it up if you don't understand past tense phrases.

So how did I claim "never practiced"?

Guess my Baptism was faked? As well as my Confirmation. Always wonder why I had a first, middle, Christian, last names....all that money spent on schooling. Damn my mom must have been ripped off!!

I am no longer a devout "participating Christian" I have move on to another after branching out to other belief systems that more match my faith. Does not change my history or knowledge. Theoretically I am still Christian though.

I feel bad for you if you let others change your faith. You obviously were not paying attention to the teachings. Its not about the people, its about your relationship with god and following the word.

I used to be single, then married and now single again...does that mean I know nothing about being married?

But non of this shocks me, attack the person when you cannot support your position any further I guess.

Where did I claim that?

What I said was:

"No one said I was a Christian in this thread, the perfect Christian or even practiced the faith. I am pointing out the Christian belief system "

all very true, but never says I never practiced or was part of the faith.

I mean you even say it in your quote

Used to be....I mean you could probably look it up if you don't understand past tense phrases.

So how did I claim "never practiced"?

Guess my Baptism was faked? As well as my Confirmation. Always wonder why I had a first, middle, Christian, last names....all that money spent on schooling. Damn my mom must have been ripped off!!

I am no longer a devout "participating Christian" I have move on to another after branching out to other belief systems that more match my faith. Does not change my history or knowledge. Theoretically I am still Christian though.

I feel bad for you if you let others change your faith. You obviously were not paying attention to the teachings. Its not about the people, its about your relationship with god and following the word.

I used to be single, then married and now single again...does that mean I know nothing about being married?

But non of this shocks me, attack the person when you cannot support your position any further I guess.
    Thank you for piling it higher and higher. Holier than thou Christians are some of the worst people on the planet.