Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    "What other white supremacists did terror attacks"

"The other obvious one"

Dextroden: "lol ignoring other terrorist attacks."
    What annoys me is that you seem to think that I took a specific stance (against Muslims). I was playing WoW, some friends knew I had visited Sri Lanka very recently and directed me to this website. I just posted my experiences here, those being that I never encountered any tensions between the religions the times I was there.

Then you start talking about other terrorist attacks, which have no relevance at all. You should indeed be ridiculed for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    That’s a good point, by trying to protect and make the language political, which people see threw right away, they undermine their main objective.

Obfuscating the truth, even with good intentions, makes the issue you are trying to fix worse. Because now people think you are hiding something.
    I do think there is an ideological aspect to it, though, because even when looking at history there's a tendency to handwave away what one group does while emphasizing what another does.

Example: the Crusades. The Crusades were brutal, and western Christians were incredibly heavy-handed in their attacks into Muslim-occupied lands. And we hear constantly about how nightmarish an act it was in historic discussions. What gets swept under the rug, figuratively-speaking, was the over 300 years of Islamic invasions, slave raids, and attacks that precipitated the First Crusade.

There is an ideological tenet to emphasize how evil and bad Westerners/Christians are, at the behest of our own leaders and intelligentsia, as a means of, I guess policing ourselves? Focus on all the horrors we committed, and not anything going the other way, as a means to keeping ourselves from ever doing so again, which necessarily means we downplay/mitigate whatever might be done to us by people that the new narrative have defined as perpetual victims of whites/westerners/Christians. Because if we do give the same weight to what is done TO us, we have to be just as judgmental and heavy-handed with them as we are with ourselves for having the wrong groupthink.

I dunno, pisspoor attempt at trying to explain what I mean.
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

"What other white supremacists did terror attacks"

"The other obvious one"

Dextroden: "lol ignoring other terrorist attacks."
    You're really saying this attack is going to be used to forget Breivik?

Holy balls that's a great joke.

That’s a good point, by trying to protect and make the language political, which people see threw right away, they undermine their main objective.

Obfuscating the truth, even with good intentions, makes the issue you are trying to fix worse. Because now people think you are hiding something.
    That's a great point in return. It struck me as odd the moment I heard of it. Thought about it and I think I've worked it through pretty easily, but you're absolutely right, it was a glaringly odd way to refer to the victims. It became a conversation. Which makes them look like they care more about some victims than others. Which isn't true, of course, but it looks that way. And it will be capitalized upon by their adversaries. Political messaging is a tightrope, and oh how they all sway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I do think there is an ideological aspect to it, though, because even when looking at history there's a tendency to handwave away what one group does while emphasizing what another does.

Example: the Crusades. The Crusades were brutal, and western Christians were incredibly heavy-handed in their attacks into Muslim-occupied lands. And we hear constantly about how nightmarish an act it was in historic discussions. What gets swept under the rug, figuratively-speaking, was the over 300 years of Islamic invasions, slave raids, and attacks that precipitated the First Crusade.

There is an ideological tenet to emphasize how evil and bad Westerners/Christians are, at the behest of our own leaders and intelligentsia, as a means of, I guess policing ourselves? Focus on all the horrors we committed, and not anything going the other way, as a means to keeping ourselves from ever doing so again, which necessarily means we downplay/mitigate whatever might be done to us by people that the new narrative have defined as perpetual victims of whites/westerners/Christians. Because if we do give the same weight to what is done TO us, we have to be just as judgmental and heavy-handed with them as we are with ourselves for having the wrong groupthink.

I dunno, pisspoor attempt at trying to explain what I mean.
    I get what you mean. But that, unfortunately, can also create the vision that people won't actually stand up against it to try and save face.

I could understand trying not to spread hate. But, plenty of people took a Hardline stance on extremist violence in one instance and put on the kid gloves for the next. That's not a good look when you only care about one. Something Republicans get mocked for Everytime politicians do a hopes and prayers tweet in response to a shooting but then get hot about Muslim terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You're really saying this attack is going to be used to forget Breivik?

Holy balls that's a great joke.
    Not at all.

Not at all.
    What is disgusting is how this massacre has been used to ignore terror attacks of different ideologies.
    You chose Breivik. If it's not him, which terrorist attack is being removed from memory by acknowledging this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    What annoys me is that you seem to think that I took a specific stance (against Muslims). I was playing WoW, some friends knew I had visited Sri Lanka very recently and directed me to this website. I just posted my experiences here, those being that I never encountered any tensions between the religions the times I was there.

Then you start talking about other terrorist attacks, which have no relevance at all. You should indeed be ridiculed for that.
    If that is what you gathered. I just took a critical stance because you're a new account who only posted in off topic.

Hey the same thing happened in the Christchurch attack.

The attitudes of different terrorist attacks is something that should be ridiculed

- - - Updated - - -

You chose Breivik. If it's not him, which terrorist attack is being removed from memory by acknowledging this one?
    Nothing is being removed by acknowledging it.

It's the things that come out of the woodwork.

If that is what you gathered. I just took a critical stance because you're a new account who only posted in off topic.

Hey the same thing happened in the Christchurch attack.

The attitudes of different terrorist attacks is something that should be ridiculed

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing is being removed by acknowledging it.
    Except you said it's being used to forget terrorist attacks. Which ones are being forgotten?

Seriously feck religion, all kind of it, I thought we got rid of it during renaissance era, how is it having a come back

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Seriously feck religion, all kind of it, I thought we got rid of it during renaissance era, how is it having a come back
    Are you like historically illiterate or?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    https://twitter.com/petemont/status/1120316542938419201

yikes, trust you and the rest of the bro rogan brigade to be giving equally dumb takes.

are you theo and connal all the same account or something?
    A nice spin there, but that is all that is, spin on your part to cover up a curious trait, ommitting the community of attacked when it doesn't fit a certain narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    сила лунной призмы составляет

Except you said it's being used to forget terrorist attacks. Which ones are being forgotten?
    None of them if I bring them up

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Jews celebrate Easter, so "easter worshippers" is not narrowing it down properly...what dickheads..

and if it had been jews targeted, i doubt those tweets would be so vague..
    Do Jews celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ? Interesting... I am guessing your knowledge of Judaism is kind of thin.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.

I normally try to steer clear of the left vs right attacks but I have to say the article by Washington Post was one of the most vile pieces of journalism I've seen in years.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...94483445710848

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I normally try to steer clear of the left vs right attacks but I have to say the article by Washington Post was one of the most vile pieces of journalism I've seen in years.

Lol, yeah people notice a strange and curious disjunction in how some communities are treated versus ones our elites view with lavish favor for some inexplicable reason, and we ask why.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Thats disgusting. Its not even logically to kill that many random people just because you have an ideological difference with someone else.
    Remember that any non-believer is a sinner worthy of death according to the doctrine. It IS logical from their point of view. They're all "enemies", regardless.

Bleah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

I would not say it is with good intentions on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    A nice spin there, but that is all that is, spin on your part to cover up a curious trait, ommitting the community of attacked when it doesn't fit a certain narrative.
    Imagine it was Ramadan and Donald Trump tweeted, "My Heart and Prayers go out to all the Ramadan Worshippers who died today in Christchurch! Can't let this happen! Get smart!"

He'd be raked over the coals. Or imagine a Fox News headline, "Dozens of Quran adherents slain in Mosque shooting."

It's just odd when you tiptoe around their religion when their religion is central to the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

"Oh no now their side has evidence to support their claims. This is the bigger tragedy!"
    What a bunch of hacks.