Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
... LastLast
  1. #521
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    18,124
    Quote Originally Posted by xRATJARx View Post
    Yes, the left are communicating telepathically and are being given strict instructions. Also, Hillary Clinton is a reptillian.

    You’re fucking delusional.
    George pays up $10 everytime we say 'Easter worshipers' instead of Christians.

  2. #522
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am unsure anyone blamed "the Left" or "Far Left for this terrorist attack".
    People are saying the left is the problem though. Which is what I wrote.

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by boomzy View Post
    oh i think they mean the friday worshipers in christchurch.
    Did someone just say TGIF?

  4. #524
    Merely a Setback Connal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    29,239
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Pretty sure 'Easter worshippers' is aimed at people who went to church on Easter Sunday. The distinction is that a lot more people go to church on Easter than usual, not because they don't want to 'say Christian'. The attackers specially chose the day because they know churches would see above average attendence, Easter worshippers.

    It's really not that hard unless someone is looking to pick a fight over the wording when there isn't one.
    Church Goers, Easter Celebrants already exist. I’ve never heard of “Easter Worshippers” before this.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I say all this as someone whose religion is closer to Hinduism and Buddhism and is more apt to pray to a tree than Jesus Christ. Still, their revulsion towards Christianity is easy to spot. They have zero sympathy for these people, only venom. I'm shocked they acknowledged it at all.
    Even if the case comes down to Islam vs Hinduism/Buddhism/Sikhism, the narrative shall favor the Islam. Go to various leftist Reddit subs and be amazed when liberals or socialists proclaim India a fascist country due to Hindutva or condemning Sikhs for glorifying their valiant struggles against the Islamic invaders. It is a bit perplexing, so to speak, this fetishism of Islam that certain left leaning people cultivate.

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Weird. Democrat politicians don't seem to hate that style of far right terrorism. Prayers instead of standing against hatred here.
    And you think I'm a Democrat?

  7. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    There's no such thing as Easter worshippers. That would be like calling muslims as ramadan worshippers.
    Yes, there is. Its when all the "fake" "Christians" show up to services on holidays only, then proceed to act like deplorables the rest of the year.

  8. #528
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    32,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    True, but these ones were Muslim.
    And the other ones were hindus.

    So my point was pretty much you can't jump to muslims instantly we truly have no idea.

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirn View Post
    Even if the case comes down to Islam vs Hinduism/Buddhism/Sikhism, the narrative shall favor the Islam. Go to various leftist Reddit subs and be amazed when liberals or socialists proclaim India a fascist country due to Hindutva or condemning Sikhs for glorifying their valiant struggles against the Islamic invaders. It is a bit perplexing, so to speak, this fetishism of Islam that certain left leaning people cultivate.
    I'm hard left, and frankly I have to agree. Islam, and the culture that surrounds it, is pretty bad. But so are all right leaning cultures. I guess we see someone under attack by people we don't like (the right) and feel like we have to defend them.

    Then we end up excusing all their bullshit (hatred of women, hatred of science/facts, overall regressive tendencies). Do these traits sound familiar? Yep, the american right and Islamic cultures are far far more similar than anyone on either side seems to realize.

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    And you think I'm a Democrat?
    That's the safe bet for people who stand against far right terrorism until it's Muslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What can I say, I'm sort of an obsessed person
    Indeed you are.

  11. #531
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Curitiba - Brazil
    Posts
    2,041
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Just because it's not in your lexicon does not mean the distinction is invalid. Again, saying 'Easter worshipers' is to point out that the terrorist specially took advantage of the holiday. Everyone knows Easter is a Christian holiday.
    Yeah, i am sure those semantics tricks were unintentional. Specially because we are not talking about identitarian politics adepts, who love to make extensive use of labels all the time shit happens, right ?

    Reducing Christians to Easter worshipper makes no sense, as they do not worship easter - they worship Christ.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Yes, there is. Its when all the "fake" "Christians" show up to services on holidays only, then proceed to act like deplorables the rest of the year.
    Well, its not up to you to decide who is a true Christian, and who is a fake Christian. Anyway, Easter Worshipper as a term has never been used before, but now, suddenly, it gets life. Amazing !

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Yeah, i am sure those semantics tricks were unintentional. Specially because we are not talking about identitarian politics adepts, who love to make extensive use of labels all the time shit happens, right ?

    Reducing Christians to Easter worshipper makes no sense, as they do not worship easter - they worship Christ.
    There is a LARGE number of so called "christians" that show up to services on holidays only, then proceed to act like deplorable cunts the rest of the year. These people are not christians.

    I'm not saying showing up to services is important, back when I used to be a christian I never believed that was important. How people act is what matters, and there are very very few actual christians.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post

    Well, its not up to you to decide who is a true Christian, and who is a fake Christian. Anyway, Easter Worshipper as a term has never been used before, but now, suddenly, it gets life. Amazing !
    You are right, im deciding for myself what constitutes being a christian. And acting like most christians do ain't it.

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    People are saying the left is the problem though. Which is what I wrote.
    They'd be wrong and I'd tell them to stop reading Ben Shapiro or Dinesh D'souza.

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    There is a LARGE number of so called "christians" that show up to services on holidays only, then proceed to act like deplorable cunts the rest of the year. These people are not christians.

    I'm not saying showing up to services is important, back when I used to be a christian I never believed that was important. How people act is what matters, and there are very very few actual christians.
    And that makes it fine to murder them because they aren't Christian enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What can I say, I'm sort of an obsessed person
    Indeed you are.

  15. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And that makes it fine to murder them because they aren't Christian enough?
    Not sure where you pulled that from...well I have a hunch. You need to wipe more.

  16. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That's the safe bet for people who stand against far right terrorism until it's Muslims.
    Really? There are billions of people outside of the US. Those arent odds I'd bet on

    When did I condone these attacks? I'm against the way they are being politicized.

    Please tell me about all the far left terrorist attacks in recent years.
    Last edited by Josuke; 2019-04-23 at 12:28 AM.

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Really? There are billions of people outside of the US.

    When did I condone these attacks? I'm against the way they are being politicized.

    Please tell me about all the far left terrorist attacks in recent years.
    But not how other's get politicized.

    Stand against hatred in New Zealand.

    Pray for Sri Lanka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What can I say, I'm sort of an obsessed person
    Indeed you are.

  18. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Church Goers, Easter Celebrants already exist. I’ve never heard of “Easter Worshippers” before this.
    simple google search of 2017, 2016, 2015, etc you can easily find a few million of them

    not exactly a main stream term, but its been used for years and years to specifically describe those worshiping during Easter.

    Big nothing burger as you guys like to say.


    2017:

    https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/e...uIAPLx9McKZLM/

    Thousands of Easter worshippers — floating on surfboards, dressed in pajamas and toting their fishing poles — are once again expected Sunday morning at the annual sunrise service at the end of the 990-foot-long Juno Beach Fishing Pier.



    2010:

    https://www.ocregister.com/2010/04/0...ope-on-easter/

    Easter worshippers stood and applauded in song and praise as Warren took the pitcher’s mound to lead the nearly two-hour service


    2015:
    https://accesswdun.com/article/2017/...-north-Georgia
    https://accesswdun.com/article/2015/...stone-mountain

    High winds keep Easter worshippers from the top of Stone Mountain


    2018:
    http://www.graceglendale.org/sermon-...ster-festival/
    Easter Worshippers, that is what we know, too. We know Jesus lives and we know he has pardoned all our sins




    etc etc etc etc

  19. #539
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Not sure where you pulled that from...well I have a hunch. You need to wipe more.
    I pulled it from you and your weird rant about real Christians.

    And you don't seem very different from those fake Christians you don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What can I say, I'm sort of an obsessed person
    Indeed you are.

  20. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post



    Well, its not up to you to decide who is a true Christian, and who is a fake Christian. Anyway, Easter Worshipper as a term has never been used before, but now, suddenly, it gets life. Amazing !

    Really...hmmm been in print for years


    Here's more

    how about 1992?


    https://newspaperarchive.com/beckley...r-17-1992-p-6/


    Apr 17, 1992 - ... T. Cly bur ti Pastor Worship with tho expected 600 Easter Worshipers at the Church of Cod Worship Center MacArthur 10:00 a rn, Sunday School 10:55 a rn.



    did not say 600 Christians......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •