Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    There is a LARGE number of so called "christians" that show up to services on holidays only, then proceed to act like deplorable cunts the rest of the year. These people are not christians.

I'm not saying showing up to services is important, back when I used to be a christian I never believed that was important. How people act is what matters, and there are very very few actual christians.

- - - Updated - - -

You are right, im deciding for myself what constitutes being a christian. And acting like most christians do ain't it.
    Who made you the gatekeeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    simple google search of 2017, 2016, 2015, etc you can easily find a few million of them

not exactly a main stream term, but its been used for years and years to specifically describe those worshiping during Easter.

Big nothing burger as you guys like to say.

2017:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/e...uIAPLx9McKZLM/

Thousands of Easter worshippers — floating on surfboards, dressed in pajamas and toting their fishing poles — are once again expected Sunday morning at the annual sunrise service at the end of the 990-foot-long Juno Beach Fishing Pier.

2010:

https://www.ocregister.com/2010/04/0...ope-on-easter/

Easter worshippers stood and applauded in song and praise as Warren took the pitcher’s mound to lead the nearly two-hour service

2015:
    https://accesswdun.com/article/2017/...-north-Georgia
    https://accesswdun.com/article/2015/...stone-mountain

High winds keep Easter worshippers from the top of Stone Mountain

2018:
    http://www.graceglendale.org/sermon-...ster-festival/
    Easter Worshippers, that is what we know, too. We know Jesus lives and we know he has pardoned all our sins

etc etc etc etc
    Does not seem like a nothing burger when it would have been easier to say “Christians”... but “nothing” is in the eye of the beholder, no?
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Pray for New Zealand and stand against hate in Sri Lanka

Still waiting for an example of left wing terrorism
    Why are you trying to use other terrorist attacks to cover up this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I pulled it from you and your weird rant about real Christians.

And you don't seem very different from those fake Christians you don't like.
    Ya, the whole "intolerance of intolerance is bad" bit. Cool.

And I don't recall calling for violence. If I were to dig through your 17k+ posts, i'm sure i'd find posts about groups you don't like. Were you calling for violence in each one of these?

You aren't very good at this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    Who made you the gatekeeper?
    Like I admitted in another post, i'm no such thing, just my own conclusions. If you want to think republican christians are anything at all like actual christians, you keep on thinking that, I don't care.

Why are you trying to use other terrorist attacks to cover up this one?
    So I bring up how this attack is being used to cover up other attacks and I'm the one covering it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Ya, the whole "intolerance of intolerance is bad" bit. Cool.

And I don't recall calling for violence. If I were to dig through your 17k+ posts, i'm sure i'd find posts about groups you don't like. Were you calling for violence in each one of these?

You aren't very good at this.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I admitted in another post, i'm no such thing, just my own conclusions. If you want to think republican christians are anything at all like actual christians, you keep on thinking that, I don't care.
    Hey. I'm not being the literal copy of Christian hypocrites. Judging people while being a jackass.

Hey. I'm not being the literal copy of Christian hypocrites. Judging people while being a jackass.
    You thought I was a Democrat.

So I bring up how this attack is being used to cover up other attacks and I'm the one covering it up.
    You're actively trying to talk about far left terrorism now. Only you seem to be doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

You thought I was a Democrat.
    That's not judging. That's stereotyping.

Huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Does not seem like a nothing burger when it would have been easier to say “Christians”... but “nothing” is in the eye of the beholder, no?
    the church does not call out people by "Christians".

you won't hear a church saying....oh we are going to have 6000 Christians show up this weekend.

most of the time they use words like Worshipers, members, Devotees. congregation, etc etc. Its assumed they are Christian if they are present.

I can tell you have not been to church much.

Lets follow the original word of god.
    I mean the word Christian was not even in the bible till the revisions hit centuries later. King james added it 3x and now current translations have it 10x+

So in the eye of the beholder, or god, no sorry but its a big nothing burger because they are worshipers of god, whom are worshiping on Easter.

You're actively trying to talk about far left terrorism now. Only you seem to be doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Huge difference.
    Only as a side note since you keep ignoring my question.

I just asked for an example since you conflated me talking about white supremacy meant that I thought islamic extremists are not far right beliefs

Hey if you're good at deflecting then keep doing it.

the church does not call out people by "Christians".

you won't hear a church saying....oh we are going to have 6000 Christians show up this weekend.

most of the time they use words like Worshipers, members, Devotees. congregation, etc etc. Its assumed they are Christian if they are present.

I can tell you have not been to church much.

Lets follow the original word of god.
    I mean the word Christian was not even in the bible till the revisions hit centuries later. King james added it 3x and now current translations have it 10x+

So in the eye of the beholder, or god, no sorry but its a big nothing burger because they are worshipers of god, whom are worshiping on Easter.
    I don’t go to church, if that’s what you mean, but that Christians seem to be upset by this is not my imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Sounds extremely fetched to me.

What else would they be than Christians, I don't think politicians/media are afraid of using the C-word.
    Then why not say it? It seems to be upsetting Christians, here and elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Huge difference.
    It is judging. Whatever helps you sleep at night

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Could we please keep the focus on the actual tragedy of these attacks, and not the fragile feelings of unconnected Westerners who are pushing an anti-media agenda that has no relevance whatsoever to the story?

I know you've found a way to try and make yourselves the real victims in all this, but the rest of us could give two shits and are concerned with the people who are actually dying.
    @Endus This is fucking rich coming from you. "Could we please keep the focus on the actual tragedy of these attacks" strange how that did not apply to you in a thread I started.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...in-Netherlands
    Your posts start here, https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50973743
    Funny, unless I missed it you did not comment on the specific tragedy that the topic was on, all you did was derail and argue with people who hurt your fragile feelings when it comes to Muslims. You hypocrite!

Warchief
    Really...hmmm been in print for years

Here's more

how about 1992?

https://newspaperarchive.com/beckley...r-17-1992-p-6/

Apr 17, 1992 - ... T. Cly bur ti Pastor Worship with tho expected 600 Easter Worshipers at the Church of Cod Worship Center MacArthur 10:00 a rn, Sunday School 10:55 a rn.

did not say 600 Christians......
    Its cute how you had to link a newspaper from 1992, which shows how frequent this term is used... Lol.

But ill give this one and refrain from my previous quote, when i said this term was never used before. This shows this term has already been used, but its dead and holds no meaning at all in the context of the attack. Which means its not adequate to be used to show condolences to victims of a terror attack.

Only as a side note since you keep ignoring my question.

I just asked for an example since you conflated me talking about white supremacy meant that I thought islamic extremists are not far right beliefs

Hey if you're good at deflecting then keep doing it.
    Your question that keeps trying to distract from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I don’t go to church, if that’s what you mean, but that Christians seem to be upset by this is not my imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why not say it? It seems to be upsetting Christians, here and elsewhere.

Actually Christians are not upset.

They are taught to not let these silly political discussions cloud their lives. To not get upset over trivial "worldly" problems as they are just a tool of the devil to stop you from being a Christian and following the word. To drive you to anger, bitterness, frustration....all tools of the devil to chip away at your spirit.

its the media that is feeding the narrative that its an insulting term.
    Well that and false Christians who are using the Christian faith to drive their own personal agenda's, such as attacking liberals.

Actually Christians are not upset.

They are taught to not let these silly political discussions cloud their lives. To not get upset over trivial "worldly" problems as they are just a tool of the devil to stop you from being a Christian and following the word. To drive you to anger, bitterness, frustration....all tools of the devil to chip away at your spirit.

its the media that is feeding the narrative that its an insulting term.
    Well that and false Christians who are using the Christian faith to drive their own personal agenda's, such as attacking liberals.
    There it is again. I guess you're doing a good job not giving in to the devil's tools.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Its cute how you had to link a newspaper from 1992, which shows how frequent this term is used... Lol.

But ill give this one and refrain from my previous quote, when i said this term was never used before. This shows this term has already been used, but its dead and holds no meaning at all in the context of the attack. Which means its not adequate to be used to show condolences to victims of a terror attack.
    how cute you missed the half dozen other examples I posted.
    You also could have googled/bing'ed it yourself to see how many hits you get. its quite a bit more than "one" and would be considered frequent.

Here it is again

2017:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/e...uIAPLx9McKZLM/

Thousands of Easter worshippers — floating on surfboards, dressed in pajamas and toting their fishing poles — are once again expected Sunday morning at the annual sunrise service at the end of the 990-foot-long Juno Beach Fishing Pier.

2010:

https://www.ocregister.com/2010/04/0...ope-on-easter/

Easter worshippers stood and applauded in song and praise as Warren took the pitcher’s mound to lead the nearly two-hour service

2015:
    https://accesswdun.com/article/2017/...-north-Georgia
    https://accesswdun.com/article/2015/...stone-mountain

High winds keep Easter worshippers from the top of Stone Mountain

2018:
    http://www.graceglendale.org/sermon-...ster-festival/
    Easter Worshippers, that is what we know, too. We know Jesus lives and we know he has pardoned all our sins

hell it was even a story on fox news....
    Last edited by Zan15; 2019-04-23 at 01:02 AM.

Your question that keeps trying to distract from this.
    Your focus on a question I asked instead of addressing my point is trying to detract from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Good to see that the far-right manages to derail this whole disaster over semantics.

Seriously think before you go on a pointless tirade over this non-issue.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems to upset AMERICAN "Christian" politicians which in turn made people like you upset.

This is strictly an American issue.
    Are you sure it’s “only” Americans? And why are American Christians ok to upset/ignore when they are upset?