Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

A glass of water with a D on it could've won AOC's district

Seems Nancy is turning on the Freshman congressperson. The democrat party sure is becoming divided lately.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

what exactly is this thread?

Anything with Fox News is automatically discarded

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Seems Nancy is turning on the Freshman congressperson. The democrat party sure is becoming divided lately.

We get it. Change scares you. You don't have parrot Fox News idiocy.

This is what she said.

“When we won this election, it wasn't in districts like mine or Alexandria's. And she's a wonderful member of Congress, I think all of our colleagues will attest,”

“But those are districts that are solidly Democratic. This glass of water would win with a D next to its name in those districts,
    I'll try to make it simple for you. In essence, she said
    Glass of Water Could Take Districts Like Mine and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's—'That's Not Where We Have to Win the Election'

She is not wrong. A Republican will never win in San Francisco or Queens-Bronx.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2019-04-22 at 02:54 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Between the two though AOC is far more likable and enjoys wider popular appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

She's right, there are places in this country where democrats always win.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Go ahead and gloat. Meanwhile, we'll be laughing about the actual corpse that Republican fuckwits elected in Nevada.

So in this analogy, 10-term incumbent Joe Crowley is the glass of water with a D on it? Tee hee.

Pelosi was illustrating how important it is to reach out beyond your core voters. Can see how that's an alien concept to Fox News of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah joy, another anti-left wing bait thread that won't get closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    what exactly is this thread?
    It's a right-wing bait thread.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    This is what she said.

I'll try to make it simple for you. In essence, she said .

She is not wrong. A Republican will never win in San Francisco or Queens-Bronx.
    Ah.

So as usual, the right wing can't handle simple concepts like "context" or "nuance."
    Putin khuliyo

Pelosi is a machine that kills far leftists. That entire LSE q&a was amazing. She spared no victims and pretty much called their entire movement detrimental to the progressive cause and advocated for centrism in order to win in the more moderate counties.

These two quotes are my favorite of hers:

“The green dream or whatever they call it, nobody knows what it is, but they’re for it right?”
    “I share progressive values ... but we have to win, and we have to win centrist districts ... the constitution is at stake, the environment is at stake ... this is about winning”
    Last edited by NED funded; 2019-04-22 at 03:42 AM.

Nothing like another bait thread that left out the rest of the quote just so they can get a response. Congrats, OP, for a useless thread.

Taking bets on when this will be closed.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    Pelosi is a machine that kills far leftists. That entire LSE q&a was amazing. She spared no victims and pretty much called their entire movement detrimental to the progressive cause and called for moderation in order to win in the more moderate counties.

Man that is a lower threshold for "DESTROYED!" than Youtube clickbait videos.

You have to get centrist districts as well to win the election? Oh boy, what a savage roast /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pelosi is a machine that kills far leftists. That entire LSE q&a was amazing. She spared no victims and pretty much called their entire movement detrimental to the progressive cause and called for moderation in order to win in the more moderate counties.

Yet...the best faring democrats among independents and republicans are....progressive "far" leftists like Sanders and the likes of Booker are completely ignored.

We did the middle ground corporate sell out in 2016 and we ended up with Trump. So yeah, fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Man that is a lower threshold for "DESTROYED!" than Youtube clickbait videos.

You have to get centrist districts as well to win the election? Oh boy, what a savage roast /s
    Its because you aren't aware of how leftists are operating these days. They genuinely believe that the only reason they aren't winning the more moderate districts is that the democratic party is afraid of running "true leftists/progressive candidates".

Edit: Just see the post above this one for an example.

15+ Year Old Account
    Republicans have been saying Democrats are getting more divided long before you were born, kid. They still vote where it matters: Against Republican lunacy.

Though Democrats have always been the more culturally and ideologically diverse party. Instead of being tribal lunatics who always vote the same way, they tend to disagree on a lot internally. It's kind of scary how when one powerful Republican like McConnell tells all Republicans to vote for something, they do. But that's because over the last 2 decades, Republicans have been ensuring that anyone who speaks out against the corporate machine of Republicanism gets primaried. There are several former Republican legislators who voted against Republican bills who all lost all of their supports from the RNC.

For as much as Republicans made fun of how corrupt the DNC was, the RNC has proven itself to be far more willing to simply railroad even liked candidates because they don't follow the hive mind.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Pelosi is a machine that kills far leftists. That entire LSE q&a was amazing. She spared no victims and pretty much called their entire movement detrimental to the progressive cause and advocated for centrism in order to win in the more moderate counties.

She moderates their excesses. Even in Comiefornia, there are Democratic districts where AOC will be a hard sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides, it wasn't her win against the Republican candidate that was surprising, but her win against the Democrat candidate during the primary.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as this thread is based on nonsense, I'll go one step larger; I don't think the democrats could do a better job building up AOC as more of a threat to tearing down republicans than the republicans are doing themselves. They're giving her free press and basically admitting "hey, this woman is really bad for us!"

I mean look at this; We have conservatives scared shitless, trying to take the piss out of her over absolute nothingness. Trying to "laugh away" the fear that they'll be replaced by younger, more diverse individuals with new ideas. Three things the conservatives, frankly, don't have.

That's where you messed up, conservatives. You let people know you were afraid. If you want to comport yourself like sharks, be sure you don't let others smell your blood in the water.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.