Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Why should she apologize? She wasn't wrong, nor was she specifically insulting AOC. She was merely commenting that focusing on districts like AOC's is a waste of time because anyone can win those districts so long as they've got the D (heh, I had to).

It's not a comment against AOC, it's a comment on the political realities of districts like hers. Democrats should go after purple, not blue, districts.
    That only works if one presumes the "purple" areas are like Mittens, Woke Libertarians. The facts remain, that whilst popular in elite circles, most of those areas are closer to AOC and Sanders in economics; the core divisions are the fact that these areas also tend to be socially very conservative and thus selling them on transgender children, atheism and abortion won't do well, nor will "Shame on you whitey" since a lot of those areas have lots of White poor people.

The failure here is the assumption that Neo-Liberalism is some kind of wise center or the common way of thinking of most. It is an elite opinion and worldview that is radically overrepresented in media, but in the wild it is rare.

I'd even say the ones here are probably just LARP'rs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should she apologize? She wasn't wrong, nor was she specifically insulting AOC. She was merely commenting that focusing on districts like AOC's is a waste of time because anyone can win those districts so long as they've got the D (heh, I had to).

It's not a comment against AOC, it's a comment on the political realities of districts like hers. Democrats should go after purple, not blue, districts.
    Because Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez didn't just win the GE she beat a well established Democrat before that, I am saying Nancy's comments seem to diminish that victory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    That only works if one presumes the "purple" areas are like Mittens, Woke Libertarians. The facts remain, that whilst popular in elite circles, most of those areas are closer to AOC and Sanders in economics; the core divisions are the fact that these areas also tend to be socially very conservative and thus selling them on transgender children, atheism and abortion won't do well, nor will "Shame on you whitey" since a lot of those areas have lots of White poor people.

The failure here is the assumption that Neo-Liberalism is some kind of wise center or the common way of thinking of most. It is an elite opinion and worldview that is radically overrepresented in media, but in the wild it is rare.

I'd even say the ones here are probably just LARP'rs.
    More complete utter nonsense ramblings from Theo. None of this bullshit represents anything other than Alt-Right talking points, and I assure you Nobody in the DNC has ever embraced this shit that doesn't get fucking dismissed like that traitor Tulsi. AoC has potential and I support that, but if she hasn't figured things out sooner rather than later her ass won't be in congress long.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by fnalwathatha View Post
    If they continue to talk about identity politics in vague meaningless terms
    You're right. When talking about identity politics, you have to do it in no uncertain terms: Christianity is under attack! They won't even let you say "Merry Christmas" anymore! And, who could forget: [Mexicans are] bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

I'm so very tired of morons pretending like "identity politics" is somehow unique to the left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fnalwathatha View Post
    I am far left and I agree with Theo. I'd add: the legitimate issues that ethnic minorities, women, LGBT and other marginalized groups have are being extremely poorly represented by corporate democrats. First, you have to win to make change in those areas and you don't do that by putting those issue upfront. Second, I have zero doubt in my mind a Saunders/AOC/progressive presidency would help those groups significantly more than the empty rhetoric of a corporate democrat. It is not like black people did great out of Obama.
    For who black nationalist, or racist that believed Obama was supposed to do something only for black people, as opposed to the entire country we live in regardless to color? Also we don't need to support any alt-right idiots either. Their bullshit isn't welcomed in the DNC, and Young Turds has more recently gotten that memo. Rather lose 2020 than embrace that bullshit, no matter what stupid shit it tries to hide under.

Winning at all cost isn't a win, when you have to trick people or sell them bullshit or make them feel as if they need their hands held, those people are going to be the other voters.

Oh of course, Yes you're far left, and I am T.K Kirkland you can thank me for inventing the internet.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Bet it starts with a B and ends in reitbart.
    You don't know, maybe he cuts out the middle man and goes straight to RT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Always nice that these anti-left wing bait threads never get locked. /s
    Quoting the most powerful Democrat in the federal government is anti-left wing?

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    A thread with no point and getting gthe quote wrong shows how useless this thread is.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    A thread with no point and getting gthe quote wrong shows how useless this thread is.
    If anything, the thread title is kinder than Pelosi's actual words. Facts don't care about your feelings.

If anything, the thread title is kinder than Pelosi's actual words. Facts don't care about your feelings.
    That is rich coming from an admitted troll with a stupid bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    That is rich coming from an admitted troll with a stupid bit.
    You are attacking the medium and not the message. That's a big no no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love how this bait thread is still open.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    More complete utter nonsense ramblings from Theo. None of this bullshit represents anything other than Alt-Right talking points, and I assure you Nobody in the DNC has ever embraced this shit that doesn't get fucking dismissed like that traitor Tulsi. AoC has potential and I support that, but if she hasn't figured things out sooner rather than later her ass won't be in congress long.
    She's actually right though: the media/elite's conventional wisdom about America's 'middle voter' isn't actually accurate.

The 'middle voter' in the US is center to center-right on social/identity issues, but center-left to left on economic issues.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

What feelings are those? Oh you pure logic where if you get the quote wrong then the point of making the thread goes out the window. The only feeling I have is the one where I feel you have no idea what you're talking about, but that's nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    And unless they resurrect and run Ronald Reagan, Glass O Water(D) will win California in 2020.

This is like "no shit"

I love her, the gift that keeps giving.
    Last edited by dvaz; 2019-04-26 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Misrepresenting what said powerful democrat said is anti-left wing.
    Putin khuliyo

Oh Nancy, must be so bitter after one of your elite shit stain friends got beaten by what you amount to a beverage.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The point was the OP said she made a statement, and someone said it wasn't true because it was hosted by Fox News, I linked a difference source. That is the only thing I addressed. anything else is your own conjecture. It's sad when you have to make up arguments just to attack me.
    Can you quote the words "wasn't true" ? Or even just either word "True" or "false"?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    I love her, the gift that keeps giving.
    lol her thought process here was that an old white congressman from Kentucky is automatically a Republican.

lol her thought process here was that an old white congressman from Kentucky is automatically a Republican.
    Can you imagine a person making a simple gaff like that? It's a good thing we have a president that has never done anything like that ever. By the way, how many millions of people were killed in Sri Lanka from the bombings? Which country does Puerto Rico belong to? Are hurricanes the wettest we've seen in regards to water? Also, you want to go get some hamberders and covfefe with your lady Melanie? Want to go see Wolverine: Oranges? Did people really know healthcare would be so easy? Is the walling being built? Is the wall built?

Want me to continue?
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2019-04-26 at 06:55 AM.