Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This is bad and I hope for your own sake you weren't the one who made it.
    How is it bad? It's right.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    Well done, you noticed. No one has ever made this comparison before!

At this point, it's so closely mirrored that it just has to be intentional, which probably means we're in for some sort of stupid twist like "Hah! Gotcha! You thought it was Mists 2.0 but thiiiis time Sylvanas is the one in the right! Take that!"
    Remember how Deathwing was basically Arthas 2.0? Yeah.

Can I just join Salvyn faction already and leave the horde!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Remember how Deathwing was basically Arthas 2.0? Yeah.
    I get the "BFA is WOD" thing but Deathwing is Arthas 2.0? How is that so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Malfurion and Sylvanas about to have the most baller game of Plants vs Zombies though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    How is it bad? It's right.
    It isn't. Even remotely. It's filled with just outright wrong shit and massive stretching.

"A Wow expansion billed as a faction war extravaganza"
    Except MoP wasn't. It was billed as a more relaxed expansion about exploring in contrast to two heavy, dark conflict expansions. It was announced from the start that we would end up working together, and literally even the opening cinematic (which that screenshot is cherrypicked from) has the Alliance and Horde working together. Cata was more about faction conflict than MoP was.

"Sparked by the destruction of an Alliance stronghold in Kalimdor"
    I wouldn't call Teldrassil a stronghold, because it isn't, but sure, whatever. The fact that both were in Kalimdor is completely irrelevant, it's there as a big reach to try and pretend Teldrassil and Theramore are the same thing when they were in many ways exact opposites. Theramore was Garrosh going against the wishes of a number of the Horde and attacking a valid military outpost, the attack on Teldrassil was greatly endorsed by most of the Horde and was the slaughter of a huge civilian population, that's without even getting into the fact that Teldrassil was a stepping stone to a more drawn out conflict for the people that called it home and eventually cause rifts in the Alliance's framework, where Theramore was basically just to make Jaina angry. This also ignores, you know, the entire follow up of the Horde also losing a capital city, but that doesn't fit the narrative so couldn't mention that.

"ordered by the warchief"
    Who the fuck else is going to order large scale military strikes? But even putting that aside, again this is glossing over the reality of the situations. Teldrassil's burning was an in the moment decision by Sylvanas to drive home a point, Theramore was an elaborately planned military strike.

"who was granted the position at the start of the last expansion"
    What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

"who eventually became the weilder of a powerful new weapon"
    This is just outright bullshit. Xal'atoh wasn't a powerful new weapon, it wasn't even a plot relevant item. It was just the echo of Gorehowl Garrosh used after he abandoned the original. Even comparing these two things is fucking retarded. You might as well claim Legion is MoP because Anduin got his dad's sword.

"with a suspiciously voidy name"
    Again, what does two old god related items having a similar naming scheme have to do with the expansion's story? That this person keeps having to put in irrelevant bullshit should be a bright red flag that they very quickly ran out of actual comparisons.

"who's decisions quickly led to suspicion from Horde leaders"
    Besides Vol'jin, who didn't dislike Garrosh because of decisions, but personal animosity, the Horde did not quickly get suspicious of Garrosh, they were behind him pretty much all the way up until right before the Siege when he outright turned on them.

"to which the Horde leader plans an assassination of the leader 'traitor'"
    This is probably the only actually valid point in the entire image, but again, it glosses over major differences. Saurfang is an actual traitor and deserter, Vol'jin just talked some shit, Horde players can side with Sylvanas against SAurfang, Horde players were automatically on Vol'jin's side.

"who makes a human friend"
    Again, irrelevant bullshit. See the above comment about red flags. Tyrathan is an irrelevant nobody who is only in game to stand there as a nod to the novel. He also isn't even the one who saves Vol'jin, the Pandaren do and then later Vol'jin saves him. You would have to be disabled to think this is somehow comparable to Anduin who is not only the one who saves Saurfang (read: the exact opposite situation) but also the king of the Alliance and a major plot character in the expansion and larger game narrative.

"with a neutral faction trying to stop the faction conflict by redirecting efforts towards a greater evil"
    This is wrong on all accounts.
    1) Taran Zhu was not trying to stop the faction conflcit by redirecting efforts towards a greater evil, he was trying to get both factions to fuck off because he didn't trust either of them to the very end.
    2) Magni isn't trying to redirect efforts towards a greater evil, the exact opposite, he is trying to redirect people to healing Azeroth
    3) Magni isn't even really all that concerned with the faction conflict, he is more worried about people misusing Azerite than the actual war.

"while a prominent Alliance character is taken out of action."
    I would not call Anduin prominent when up until the bell his role is mainly running around in Jade forest doing nothing. But sure, whatever. These two situations are nothing alike, Mekkatorque was injured in direct combat storming a Horde-aligned city, Anduind was injured trying to work out peace. Once again, pretending literally opposite situations are somehow the same thing.

"Hurr durr there are epic raids in places we haven't been before"
    No fucking shit. That's called an expansion.

"Mogu'shan vaults and Uldir are the same because they are underground and have technology"
    Retarded.

"A temple, sacred to the natives, corrupted by an awful new threat"
    N'zoth and the Old gods aren't a new threat, and their corruption of that area is not new. The entry to crucible is called the precipice of oblivion for a reason, and the Crucible of Storms isn't a temple, it is more like an old god vault.

"attacking the motherland of an entire species in order to stop their corrupted and hate-fuelled Queen"
    Literally every word here is fucking wrong.
    1) One of them isn't even a queen
    2) Neither of them are hate-fuelled. Shek'zeer was fuelled and controlled by fear, Azshara is fuelled by pure ambition and powerlust, not hate.
    3) Azshara isn't corrupted, she is the exact same Azshara she has always been.
    4) You don't even attack Azshara or the Naga homeland. She literally tricks the Horde (and following Alliance) into sailing out into the middle of the ocean and then deliberately traps them there so that she can bring the HoA to N'zoth's prison.

"And stomping over the evil Zandalari, trying to halt their mission of making new powerful friends"
    Again, just outright wrong. The zandalari are a protagonist force in BfA, not villains. The Zandalari in MoP weren't making new powerful friends, they were literally already old allies of the mogu. The main force gaining power in BfA's first chapter are the blood trolls and horde literally fight with the Zandalari against them, the Alliance don't even bother attacking the Zandalari until its clear they are already friends.

I feel you're nitpicking so I'm going to bow out.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    Well done, you noticed. No one has ever made this comparison before!

At this point, it's so closely mirrored that it just has to be intentional, which probably means we're in for some sort of stupid twist like "Hah! Gotcha! You thought it was Mists 2.0 but thiiiis time Sylvanas is the one in the right! Take that!"
    I'm banking on a twist that ends on both factions crumbling, or a third faction. Whatever it is, they're determined to "resolve what was left unanswered by MOP's faction conflict storyline".

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    It's super lame and feels cheap since the beginning no matter what the final outcome will be. It's a recycled story. We've seen this already.

https://i.giphy.com/media/JZhsza0552G76/200.gif

It doesn't matter how different will Sylvanas end be in comparison to Garrosh. Everything else is old. Recycled. Seen. I don't mind when they are recycling rigs and animations but I won't praise recycled storylines.

Almost like real life hey ? The same political shit happens over and over before any or if any real changes? So I guess the RPG is pretty much dead on

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm banking on a twist that ends on both factions crumbling, or a third faction. Whatever it is, they're determined to "resolve what was left unanswered by MOP's faction conflict storyline".
    And the most hilarious/worst part is the fucking writers are the ones who decided that the "Horde didn't really learn it's lesson."

It's either a pathetic and weak excuse in an attempt to hide that they are aren't creative enough or aren't smart enough to do anything other than re-tread and xpac plot for atleast half of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It has been known right since the beginning, that BFA would be MOP 2.0. Only difference - Blizzard have promised no SoO 2.0. So, they're going to find some silly way to save Sylvanas from being Garrosh 2.0. And it's logical, cuz next xpack isn't going to be WOD 2.0. May be...

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    I'm still waiting for the big twist, because they said Sylvanas would not be Garrosh.
    The big twist this time Is Anduin wont stop thrall from bashing Sylvanas's skull in, thereby skipping Rangerlords of Qual'thalas and the Iron elves.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2019-04-25 at 03:27 AM.

Only twist would be Alleria succumbing to the void. We partner with each other and kill her. She then gets raised as a banshee princess with her sister.

Can't wait to see what the twist will be.

By the way, why do people keep calling Lor'themar Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    And the most hilarious/worst part is the fucking writers are the ones who decided that the "Horde didn't really learn it's lesson."
    Who else? Also they did not. There were no consequences during or after SoO.
    I guess the lesson is what Varian told them
    "If your Horde fails to uphold honor as Garrosh did, we will end you."
    But in SoO it were just empty words you need to see the truth of these words... and I think thats what they want to change this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Who else? Also they did not. There were no consequences during or after SoO.
    I guess the lesson is what Varian told them
    "If your Horde fails to uphold honor as Garrosh did, we will end you."
    But in SoO it were just empty words you need to see the truth of these words... and I think thats what they want to change this time.
    Players aren't writers. And moralizing story on kindergarten level is stupid. There is no lesson to be learned aside from how alliance biased blizzard actually is.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    The writing is soooo bad, boo... No shit sherlock, it's a video game, not high literature. If you want something intellectual stimulating, you're looking in the wrong direction. WoW was always supposed to be light entertainment, silly jokes and flat stories. It is meant for 12 year olds to understand and grasp.

That said, my prediction: In the end, the black empire rises and all old gods will be raised, Horde and Alliance will fail and dissolve. The next expansion will focus on a new system of factions, were the players can switch and join between a lot of factions to gain certain benefits. All factions are some kind of guerilla resistance against the forces of the black empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Sylvanas will be pictured to be making a Zero Requiem plan a la Code Geass, where she will be killed as a tyrant, but will have managed to wipe out future possibilites of war between Horde and Alliance. She will be branded a hero by a few who will know this secretive plan (leaders, character), all the others will have her as a symbol of war and death. There will be peace.

Until we hit Sylvanas of Ressurection arc, where she will be revived as a trump card to defeat the new main villains, maybe involving Shadowlands. Then she will disappear for good to "live" with Nathanos in a faraway land, watching peaceful Azeroth from afar.

I almost vomit while typing this, but seems plausible.
    I love it. I am thankful.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    The writing is soooo bad, boo... No shit sherlock, it's a video game, not high literature. If you want something intellectual stimulating, you're looking in the wrong direction. WoW was always supposed to be light entertainment, silly jokes and flat stories. It is meant for 12 year olds to understand and grasp.

That said, my prediction: In the end, the black empire rises and all old gods will be raised, Horde and Alliance will fail and dissolve. The next expansion will focus on a new system of factions, were the players can switch and join between a lot of factions to gain certain benefits. All factions are some kind of guerilla resistance against the forces of the black empire.
    The problem with the story isn't that it's juvenile, but that it's juvenile while attempting to be profound while having no more compelling a message to say than "having friends is good" and "killing people is bad". A juvenile story with such a message should not even attempt to tackle a topic like genocide because it would invariably fail and result in an insulting copout like we have now. A juvenile story would indeed be much better right about now, because we could just be bashing each other over the head with all the toys we've gathered over 15 years. It's the story's delusions of being more than it is that bring it down heavily, not that it's aimed at teenagers.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't have low or high standards, I have things I like and moods. If I am in the mood to relax and not use overly much of my brain, I play a game that caters to that mood. If I am in a mood for something to think, I play a different game. But I don't expect a single game to change according to my mood, I have to change the game I am playing.
    WoW was always a game that didn't take itself serious, that was full of contradictions and stupid stories. Even in vanilla, there were quests, storylines, where one only could say "That was stupid as hell, but I enjoyed it". I don't understand why people now expect it to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The problem with the story isn't that it's juvenile, but that it's juvenile while attempting to be profound while having no more compelling a message to say than "having friends is good" and "killing people is bad". A juvenile story with such a message should not even attempt to tackle a topic like genocide because it would invariably fail and result in an insulting copout like we have now. A juvenile story would indeed be much better right about now, because we could just be bashing each other over the head with all the toys we've gathered over 15 years. It's the story's delusions of being more than it is that bring it down heavily, not that it's aimed at teenagers.
    That's a point of view I can understand. But are you sure the story is really attempting that or are you just misinterpreting that attempt to the story? Maybe there is a difference between the english original and the german translation. Or I am just ignoring that part and just concentrating on the parts that are entertaining for myself.
    Last edited by Naramag; 2019-04-25 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    That's a point of view I can understand. But are you sure the story is really attempting that or are you just misinterpreting that attempt to the story? Maybe there is a difference between the english original and the german translation. Or I am just ignoring that part and just concentrating on the parts that are entertaining for myself.
    You lay out what I'm getting at in the rest of the comment. WoW has always treated violence in a somewhat tongue in cheek way, even the most gruesome stuff was meant to be something enjoyable. It's a game that by design can't sustain any moral narrative. But it's a definite that BFA attempts this and attempts to be about things. When Sylvanas drops plague in Lordaeron, we're meant to be with Anduin when he whines about how she's gassing her own troops. Ditto we're meant to be shocked with how Teldrassil's burning goes and all the materials go on for ages to show the pathos that would be associated with that many people dying.

But, being that this is WoW, you also spend a part of the war campaign flying on a robot powered by the planet's blood and zapping hundreds of robots and an airship or turning into a fire tornado and killing tons of goblins if you're Alliance. This is fun. You're not meant to take it all that seriously. Factually, setting hundreds of people on fire so they burn to death and die is terrible, but the game focuses on the mayhem of it, not that effect. Except when it went at ridiculous pains to tell you how bad it was back in the pre-patch, it comes across as incongruous and cowardly. The whole narrative wants to have its cake and eat it too - it wants to tell a message about love and peace, but it's a game that's 100% exclusively about killing and war and having fun while doing it so it fails by default.

@Nymrohd

It really is one of the worst lines of dialogue I've ever seen. Not even exaggarating. I can't believe someone thought spelling out their message and themes so blatantly and pretending it's real dialogue was a good idea. It makes "From my point of view the Jedi are evil" look like Shakespeare.

Also Baine sucks lol.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.