How to design the next expansion? Ideas!

Just some thoughts on lessons I am hoping Blizzard learns
    1. Increase to level 130
    2. 3 new rows of talents...110...120...130.. passive and active abilities
    3. Anyone who mentions the word "artifact power" at Blizzard ever again is fired on the spot and thrown out of the building
    4. Warmode zones added to the game with real advantages. Crafting supplies
    5. Zones designed more like Mechagon across the board.
    6. BoP crafting mats and BoP recipes can rot in hell. Allow an actual economy around professions again
    7. Stop the hypocrisy of saying you ignored the top 0.001% of raiders then be so paranoid and implement numerous changes designed to slow them down that screw everyone else over
    8. Bring back tier sets to make raiding have a real purpose
    9. Remove Titanforging from the game as it has been replaced by Mythic plus a far better system
    10. Lock flying behind an attunement that is not via arbitrary time gating. If you do X then you get X not wait 8 months after you already have done the achievement.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I would get rid off your points 7, 8 and 9.

I would add a solo mode to dungeons, battlegrounds and raids with AI NPCS.

I would allow every path of progression to be viable, and not try to lure people into gameplay they do not like.

I would bring back real currencies to pvp and pve, and allow the world quest gearing in every other component. As like permanent item progression based on your current ilevel. Instead of creating random drops from caches, i would implement vendors for a universal currency you can gain from different pathes.

I would change crafting to allow you to upgrade one gear piece once a week. With mats you had to use.

I would remove patterns from raids and would keep mats based on what you can get in the open world, battlegrounds, raids or dungeons, and you could get the mats from either of these, and not exclusively from one of those anymore.

I would make daily questing optional, and allow players to gain reputations from dungeon or raid runs accordingily. Capped at a number of runs per day or week.

I’ll be back to this thread after work.... man o man do i have ideas.

I'd also add:

11. Make reputations relevant. Stop baiting people with 10 recolors of another horse/tiger/ray mount.
    12. Get rid of the World Quest system, or changed it drastically, to remove the never-ending grind aspect of it. If it's about to stay - use it all over the world. On top of that, bring back some good ol' daily quests.
    13. Change the structure of gearing up. There are way too many sources of gear, therefore none of them is really unique. Professions other than alchemy/ enchanting and jewelcrafting lost it's importance.
    14. Keep the story simple, with only a few twists. Keep it around fewer characters, so it's not watered down. Create a serious villian, with some serious motives. Stop meddling with some game-of-thronish style of storytelling. Neither it works in WoW, nor devs do it correctly.
    15. I'll repeat it again: remove Titanforging - just in case someone overlooked it
    16. Make the game rewarding again, so my time spent in game is not strictly correlated with a mindless grind.

To sum up:
    just make the direction in which the game is going. We all know already that the current direction leads nowhere. Majority of the playerbase is dissatisfied. Listen to the people. Take your time to provide a good content, instead of a steady one. I much prefer a better content than more frequent. We need some substential changes, or the game is doomed for failure. It requires some risk and bravery to make right decisions, but with that, you can achieve quality of your content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    On top of that, bring back some good ol' daily quests.
    Seriosly, I dont understand whats the difference between daily and WQ? After TBC/Wotlk/MoP I hated any daily activity because it always took some space in my quest book. WQ also can give you currency, it gives you reputation, it gives you everything that you could take from daily, it even makes the world more alive, not that stupid bananza on DQ points where you cant even kill a single mob, because there are 500 people who does the same quest. WQ atleast divide player base on the map.

TF is cool thing The best TF exp was in legion. for a casual like me it was the best.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Revert GCD changes, remove azerite power and gear. Introduce tier sets again. Stop catchup mechanics. Revert class design to MoP or Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Seriosly, I dont understand whats the difference between daily and WQ? After TBC/Wotlk/MoP I hated any daily activity because it always took some space in my quest book. WQ also can give you currency, it gives you reputation, it gives you everything that you could take from daily, it even makes the world more alive, not that stupid bananza on DQ points where you cant even kill a single mob, because there are 500 people who does the same quest. WQ atleast divide player base on the map.

TF is cool thing The best TF exp was in legion. for a casual like me it was the best.
    You mean Titanforging by TF?

Daily quests gave a reason to do something for someone. It made the world much more vivid. It felt like a part of the game.
    World quests on the other hand feels like a never-eding grind; no reward and, believe it or not, as repeatable as daily quests. I'd like to mention, that WQ were specifically design to give much more uniqueness to the world. It doesn't.
    Actually, daily quests are my personal preferance. So, if WQ was about to stay, it requires a dramatic remake.

Need gear sets to incentivize raiding and they also add an intermediate term goal.

Also need a long term goal.

If Blizzard keeps going down the path of making Mythic+ and Raiding gear perfectly equal, the game will have a harder time recovering next xpak. Here's why. When Mythic+ and Raiding are perfectly equal from a gearing standpoint, mythic+ will always win out because it is much, much easier from a social standpoint.

More than just the gear needs to be balanced between the two. They should be equal when ALL things are considered, not just gear. Else, we get the same situation we have now, which is raiding is pointless, and mythic+ is much better, even though they are "balanced."

Since they have painted themselves into a corner, I don't know how they will pull that off, if raiding dies, the majority of players will eventually leave, and leave faster after new patches.

The balance now is obviously wrong, in favor of mythic+, so either raids should be buffed, or mythic+ nerfed. A raid based gearset that works only in raids would go a long way with this. It isn't fine now.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-04-22 at 02:13 PM.

1. Remove gear treadmill. Find other interesting / fun / innovative ways to keep people playing your game. I am no longer interested in replacing my gear AGAIN. I get no joy in item drops. Give us more interesting "horizontal" progression, design epic quest chains for cool cosmetic items (that make use of the whole world), etc.

2. Remove levels (after level squish). Find other interesting / fun /innovative ways to get people excited about playing your game instead of grinding to max level right away. We don't need more levels every expansion as long as the stuff you add is fun.

3. Scale PvP stats so PvP is always about skill and not gear. Also, a pvp lobby where you can mess around with your "build" would be great. Also, tons of exclusive rewards for PvP... oh, and scale all character levels to max in pvp. I shouldn't have to level a mage through PvE to play a mage in PvP.

4. Put all your focus in making classes more fun to play.