Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    God these threads are shit. Stupid people having pointless discussions.

just like anything with big hype.. everyone joins the hype and then it dies down after a few weeks/months.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It clearly does. Now you are just being difficult for fun. One more ignored.
    It doesn't, because he never said it applies to everyone, and you just talked about your experience. If I said "most tourists that come from France were born in France", you saying "I'm a tourist from France but I wasn't born in France" in no way negates what I said.

Also, speaking of "ignoring", you just completely ignored the real question in my post. Where's your census data? After all, by claiming the results of a census would align with your views, it means you must have done a census yourself. I'm just asking to see your census data.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.

A lot of retail subs wont be even trying classic. Another high percentage will create a character, spend 2 hours and find they are lvl 6 and then never touch classic again. Some will play classic between patch gaps only. But I don’t expect that a lot of retail subs will go full classic only. What I think most possible, and I supose Blizzard hopes it too, is that old classic players come again and one day bite into retail because their sub includes it.

If anything, classic will bring more people into retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Yeah, I mean for someone who has never played WoW before, how can he know he will prefer classic over modern WoW? He'd have nothing to go on. To such a person without deep understanding of the game, classic and modern WoW are the same thing, it's just WoW. So classic will only appeal to previous WoW players who have an understanding of what the game was like back in vanilla. Not to mention teenagers these days are not the teenagers from back in 2004. The Call of Duty generation is going to place a higher emphasis on graphics, something which WoW has not had at a cutting edge level for 10 years now.
    This is bullshit. I am a wrath baby and I've enjoyed playing on Nostalrius. I bet almost everyone that is currently playing and most people that have played in the past will at least check out classic.

btw. Call of Duty came out before WoW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PedroloGeo View Post
    A lot of retail subs wont be even trying classic. Another high percentage will create a character, spend 2 hours and find they are lvl 6 and then never touch classic again. Some will play classic between patch gaps only. But I don’t expect that a lot of retail subs will go full classic only. What I think most possible, and I supose Blizzard hopes it too, is that old classic players come again and one day bite into retail because their sub includes it.

If anything, classic will bring more people into retail.
    Everything points to the exact opposite though. People know exactly how retail is atm, because most WoW players will at least resub when a new expansion launches (that's why the subs have always gone over 10mio at the start since MoP), while the vast majority of the playerbase aren't even aware that you can play vanilla on a private server (that are also not a good representation of classic and that have many many issues).

If anything everyone that is currently subbed will check out classic, because it's free for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    This is bullshit. I am a wrath baby and I've enjoyed playing on Nostalrius. I bet almost everyone that is currently playing and most people that have played in the past will at least check out classic.
    Ok, but you said it yourself. Everybody that is currently playing and people that played in the past. This is not the whole population of the world. It is a lot of people, but what about the people who never even tried out WoW before? I doubt they will be playing classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It clearly does. Now you are just being difficult for fun. One more ignored.
    No, it rather clearly does not. Aside from you only giving anecdotal evidence that you, personally, have more available time, it also ignores that i was talking specificially about the game.
    That you have more time to spend on your interests does not automatically mean that you have more time for any individual interest.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it rather clearly does not. Aside from you only giving anecdotal evidence that you, personally, have more available time, it also ignores that i was talking specificially about the game.
    That you have more time to spend on your interests does not automatically mean that you have more time for any individual interest.
    And your statements are anecdotal as well are they not?

So much arguing to try and somehow lessen how popular Classic might be... what are you people afraid of?

We'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Vanilla is limited and not expanding. You can play it through in a couple of months. People will then want to continue their journey on retail.
    People asked for classic because they like playing the classic game and dicking around in that client. Of course, alot of ppl will probably get bored, but then it simply was not made for them and that is FINE. "Play it through" is really a weird term for an mmo with an endgame tbh. If all that matters to you is to mark off a checklist of raid progression, you should definately not bet too much on classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    The anticipation of Classic has killed BFA for me... didn't even get to max level before i stopped playing. tried again last weekend but stopped after 1 hour. still 2 levels to go.

One of the things i miss the most: Getting a spell or talent with (almost?) every level.
    And i really hate todays talent trees...

Or maybe i'm just burned out and classic won't change a thing... guess i'll find out "soon".
    I realize it's a highly subjective topic, but I dont think BFA is a "bad" expansion because of the leveling process between 110 and 120. It sounds to me like you just aren't into wow anymore. If you started at level 1 then I think it is 100% a different issue, and I agree that leveling between 1 and 110 is pretty shitty on live.

It's really hilarious just how many of the "Classic community" dedicate much of their time in these and the official WoW Classic forums to simply bash and attack those that enjoy retail. Like they somehow think they're superior or something because they hate a game others like... It's saddening really
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by jonatron View Post
    and since you can only play one game at a time.

? Where is this written down as a rule?
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

Me and my guild are going to play classic

At the same time as progressing through current expansion because 90% have already played vanilla and don't really care about doing a knock off and the other 10% just plan on dicking around.

For example:
    I will be rolling a paladin
    I won't be running naxx or anything but maybe chilling out in a bwl run will work.

The superior ones are the ones who like both classic and retail.

We are the True Master Race of WoW.