Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    The Insane Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    18,079
    Quote Originally Posted by bitmapman View Post
    Instead, I think it will be more of shared spotlight.
    I agree. The benefit here is that leveling content will always have people available to group up with so it doesn't have the issue some older private servers have where many zones are a ghost town from 20-50, as most players are either very low or very high level.

    edit: @Gungnir I like you. Should fate see us playing on the same server, you get free portals from Zippy's Portable Portal Emporium, no questions asked.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!



  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's borderline delusional to think that as an actual fact, because it completely ignores the myriad of other possible reasons one would have to stop playing WoW. Some of them are:
    [list][*]They now have family and/or a job to worry about;[*]They don't like vanilla WoW but stopped because 'expansion X' brought a change they didn't like;[*]They're no longer interested in gaming;[*]They're no longer interested in MMOs;[*]They're no longer interested in WoW;[*]Their friends no longer play WoW;[*]They died.

    Regardless, I'm not saying Classic will be a failure, far from it, but to even consider the idea that Classic WoW is being made for and will draw "10's of millions of people" is simply delusional.
    Three facts are certain. 10's of millions have come and gone since 2004. They left for many reasons, at least ONE person left because they thing modern WoW sucks. It is likely, that since the current game and the original game are so different that there are others (perhaps numbering in the millions) who also left for the same reason.

    So there are millions of people who are potential customers for Classic for a variety of reasons.

    Second fact? NONE of these people are playing BfA.

    Third fact? The entire current playerbase represent a potential player for Classic. Many because they never experienced Vanilla at all... some because they did but missed the launch, and others because they did, and would like to experience it again. It's undeniable that there are SOME that will play both.

    So while those 10's of millions only MIGHT return to play Clasic, it is for sure they didn't return for BfA.


    For me, I believe it will be hugely popular... for others a huge failure.

    We're clos enough now to simply say : "I guess we'll wait and see..."

  3. #103
    everyone and their mothers will NOT be playing classic, classic will be a very niche community largely comprised of the vocal minority on the internet

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    everyone and their mothers will NOT be playing classic, classic will be a very niche community largely comprised of the vocal minority on the internet
    No it's really not. And you are going to be in for quite the rude awakening.

    Considering how many have left retail and how rapidly the interest has grown it's most certainly the majority.

    Why you care whether it's a minority or not is beyond me because either way it's still money in Blizzards pocket.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-30 at 03:39 PM.

  5. #105
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's borderline delusional to think that as an actual fact, because it completely ignores the myriad of other possible reasons one would have to stop playing WoW. Some of them are:
    Or they tried it out and didn't like MMO genre in general or WoW itself... many players come and go in WoW for various reasons, it's insane to think that everyone quit the game because X expansion was released or Y got changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Vanilla is limited and not expanding. You can play it through in a couple of months. People will then want to continue their journey on retail.
    Lul getting to 60 in vanilla is 10x longer than getting to 120 on retail
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  7. #107
    Warchief Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    2,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No it's really not.

    Considering how many have left retail and how rapidly the interest has grown it's most certainly the majority.

    Why you care whether it's a minority or not is beyond me because either way it's still money in Blizzards pocket.
    It's impossible to tell if the drive for Classic is the majority of people, however.. statistically speaking, current retail players are by far the minority when it comes to overall WoW players since Vanilla launch.
    WoW has had as of late Legion IIRC, 100 million accounts made since the launch of the game.

    That is a huge number in comparison to how many people are actually playing BfA right now, so there might be some merit to the thought that Classic has a boxers chance to bring back potentially a lot of people if Blizzard handles their PR correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Lul getting to 60 in vanilla is 10x longer than getting to 120 on retail
    If you have the knowledge available to you, you can level any class to 60 within a weeks worth of playtime. Hell the current record is just over 2 days playtime on a druid.
    It's really not 10 times longer.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's borderline delusional to think that as an actual fact, because it completely ignores the myriad of other possible reasons one would have to stop playing WoW. Some of them are:
    [list][*]They now have family and/or a job to worry about;[*]They don't like vanilla WoW but stopped because 'expansion X' brought a change they didn't like;[*]They're no longer interested in gaming;[*]They're no longer interested in MMOs;[*]They're no longer interested in WoW;[*]Their friends no longer play WoW;[*]They died.

    Regardless, I'm not saying Classic will be a failure, far from it, but to even consider the idea that Classic WoW is being made for and will draw "10's of millions of people" is simply delusional.
    Yeaaa that's down to your reading comprehension, no where did i say that those 10's of million's would return, merely its a far larger pool of people to draw from than the current retail playerbase.

  9. #109
    While Retail doesn't need classic to aid in it's demise it most certainly will.
    The MMO community is starving for a good MMO and Classic brings all of that to the table.

    Many people completely forget how immersive the world is with classic and the community that evolves from being immersed in a game that truly is a "WORLD".

    A lot of people are downplaying the success classic will have.

    To be honest, the reason people won't return to classic is the fear of the addiction. Once you're sucked in, getting out is very hard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Vanilla is limited and not expanding. You can play it through in a couple of months. People will then want to continue their journey on retail.
    lol.... Vanilla is at minimum 1 1/2 years of progression.
    You cannot play classic through in a couple months, especially not with the content release schedule.

    Retail is something you can play through in a couple of weeks....
    Day 1 - Purchase the game and get an instant 110, level to 120.
    Day 2 - Start free loot
    Day 3 - Geared enough to pvp & progress for mythic raids
    Day 10 - Geared enough for Mythic Raids & Ez Mode Content

    Here's classic for you.
    Day 10 - Hit max level
    Day 25 - Geared for Tier 1 Raids
    Day 120 - Geared for Tier 2 Raids

    See the difference?

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    While Retail doesn't need classic to aid in it's demise it most certainly will.
    The MMO community is starving for a good MMO and Classic brings all of that to the table.

    Many people completely forget how immersive the world is with classic and the community that evolves from being immersed in a game that truly is a "WORLD".

    A lot of people are downplaying the success classic will have.

    To be honest, the reason people won't return to classic is the fear of the addiction. Once you're sucked in, getting out is very hard.

    - - - Updated - - -



    lol.... Vanilla is at minimum 1 1/2 years of progression.
    You cannot play classic through in a couple months, especially not with the content release schedule.

    Retail is something you can play through in a couple of weeks....
    Day 1 - Purchase the game and get an instant 110, level to 120.
    Day 2 - Start free loot
    Day 3 - Geared enough to pvp & progress for mythic raids
    Day 10 - Geared enough for Mythic Raids & Ez Mode Content

    Here's classic for you.
    Day 10 - Hit max level
    Day 25 - Geared for Tier 1 Raids
    Day 120 - Geared for Tier 2 Raids

    See the difference?
    Truth. Id say about 95% of the hate you see on classic is not because people think its bad, they are legit worried they will get sucked in so hard it will affect their lives again lol.

  11. #111
    Classic will kill current WoW in the same way Wildstar, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, and Vanguard did.

  12. #112
    The Lightbringer Littleraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,205
    I highly doubt enough people will leave live permanently for there to be any real threat. It will find an audience for sure but I just don't see anyone who plays the current game that never played Vanilla or BC wanting to dump that much time into the game. Hell I was there in Vanilla and i don't even know if I will. I only have so much time to game these days and don't exactly feel like spending hours just to get anything done.

    When I was 16 and in High School? Of course I wanted that but I am 30 now. I will pop in and enjoy it but only as a supplement to live when I don't have anything to really do.

  13. #113
    High Overlord Atraxxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    160
    Classic will be popping off for about a week or 2 in the beginning just because its something new for a lot of ppl that didn't get to play it, then most of the younger player base will go running back to retail once they figure out what classic really is.
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    While Retail doesn't need classic to aid in it's demise it most certainly will.
    The MMO community is starving for a good MMO and Classic brings all of that to the table.

    Many people completely forget how immersive the world is with classic and the community that evolves from being immersed in a game that truly is a "WORLD".

    A lot of people are downplaying the success classic will have.

    To be honest, the reason people won't return to classic is the fear of the addiction. Once you're sucked in, getting out is very hard.

    - - - Updated - - -



    lol.... Vanilla is at minimum 1 1/2 years of progression.
    You cannot play classic through in a couple months, especially not with the content release schedule.

    Retail is something you can play through in a couple of weeks....
    Day 1 - Purchase the game and get an instant 110, level to 120.
    Day 2 - Start free loot
    Day 3 - Geared enough to pvp & progress for mythic raids
    Day 10 - Geared enough for Mythic Raids & Ez Mode Content

    Here's classic for you.
    Day 10 - Hit max level
    Day 25 - Geared for Tier 1 Raids
    Day 120 - Geared for Tier 2 Raids

    See the difference?
    dont be so butthurt. If i start play classic in a year i could clear all content and get everything there is to get in a month. And then what? Nothing else is coming.

  15. #115
    Warchief Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    2,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    dont be so butthurt. If i start play classic in a year i could clear all content and get everything there is to get in a month. And then what? Nothing else is coming.
    .. Except you couldn't get "all there is to get in a month", because not only does take around a month to level up and get ALL 40 PEOPLE set up for certain raids, you also need to find 40 people wanting to have the same schedule as you do.

    Or did you think that you could solo raids?


    Secondly, with that attitude, why even play WoW at all?
    Clearly you only care about clearing content as fast as humanly possible without even thinking about why you're clearing that content. You're definitely not the demographic they're aiming for so you don't have to worry your pretty little head over that either way.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    .. Except you couldn't get "all there is to get in a month", because not only does take around a month to level up and get ALL 40 PEOPLE set up for certain raids, you also need to find 40 people wanting to have the same schedule as you do.

    Or did you think that you could solo raids?


    Secondly, with that attitude, why even play WoW at all?
    Clearly you only care about clearing content as fast as humanly possible without even thinking about why you're clearing that content. You're definitely not the demographic they're aiming for so you don't have to worry your pretty little head over that either way.
    It was about limited content. It doesnt matter if it takes 1 month or 6. Ok it's not expanding - it's limited that's the point to make. Idiots everywhere.

  17. #117
    Warchief Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    2,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It was about limited content. It doesnt matter if it takes 1 month or 6. Ok it's not expanding - it's limited that's the point to make. Idiots everywhere.
    And your point being.. what exactly?
    If you don't like it, then move on out of the Classic forum.

    As I've already explained, you aren't the demographic for Classic and any arguments you have are in the end completely pointless, a waste of space if you will.
    Blizzard will still make the project, people will still play the game for a LONG time, regardless of how upset you are over the fact that people might enjoy something.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    And your point being.. what exactly?
    If you don't like it, then move on out of the Classic forum.

    As I've already explained, you aren't the demographic for Classic and any arguments you have are in the end completely pointless, a waste of space if you will.
    Blizzard will still make the project, people will still play the game for a LONG time, regardless of how upset you are over the fact that people might enjoy something.
    As I said I'll never understand this obsession with not wanting to Classic to succeed.

    I mean 200k or 2 mil subs it's money either way and a healthy community.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    And your point being.. what exactly?
    If you don't like it, then move on out of the Classic forum.

    As I've already explained, you aren't the demographic for Classic and any arguments you have are in the end completely pointless, a waste of space if you will.
    Blizzard will still make the project, people will still play the game for a LONG time, regardless of how upset you are over the fact that people might enjoy something.
    I'll even play it myself. Just like i played KH or God of War. But at one point there won't be anything for me to do and i'll certainly stop playing. I dont try to make it worse for anyone else. If you wanna do the same content for 10 years nobody will stop you.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    As I said I'll never understand this obsession with not wanting to Classic to succeed.

    I mean 200k or 2 mil subs it's money either way and a healthy community.
    Id assume most of it comes from people not understanding how small of a team classic has, and that it has zero effect on retail development. Ive seen so many of these comments that is the only conclusion i can draw.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •