Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Vanilla is limited and not expanding. You can play it through in a couple of months. People will then want to continue their journey on retail.
    Lul getting to 60 in vanilla is 10x longer than getting to 120 on retail
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No it's really not.

Considering how many have left retail and how rapidly the interest has grown it's most certainly the majority.

Why you care whether it's a minority or not is beyond me because either way it's still money in Blizzards pocket.
    It's impossible to tell if the drive for Classic is the majority of people, however.. statistically speaking, current retail players are by far the minority when it comes to overall WoW players since Vanilla launch.
    WoW has had as of late Legion IIRC, 100 million accounts made since the launch of the game.

That is a huge number in comparison to how many people are actually playing BfA right now, so there might be some merit to the thought that Classic has a boxers chance to bring back potentially a lot of people if Blizzard handles their PR correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Lul getting to 60 in vanilla is 10x longer than getting to 120 on retail
    If you have the knowledge available to you, you can level any class to 60 within a weeks worth of playtime. Hell the current record is just over 2 days playtime on a druid.
    It's really not 10 times longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's borderline delusional to think that as an actual fact, because it completely ignores the myriad of other possible reasons one would have to stop playing WoW. Some of them are:
    [list][*]They now have family and/or a job to worry about;[*]They don't like vanilla WoW but stopped because 'expansion X' brought a change they didn't like;[*]They're no longer interested in gaming;[*]They're no longer interested in MMOs;[*]They're no longer interested in WoW;[*]Their friends no longer play WoW;[*]They died.

Regardless, I'm not saying Classic will be a failure, far from it, but to even consider the idea that Classic WoW is being made for and will draw "10's of millions of people" is simply delusional.
    Yeaaa that's down to your reading comprehension, no where did i say that those 10's of million's would return, merely its a far larger pool of people to draw from than the current retail playerbase.

While Retail doesn't need classic to aid in it's demise it most certainly will.
    The MMO community is starving for a good MMO and Classic brings all of that to the table.

Many people completely forget how immersive the world is with classic and the community that evolves from being immersed in a game that truly is a "WORLD".

A lot of people are downplaying the success classic will have.

To be honest, the reason people won't return to classic is the fear of the addiction. Once you're sucked in, getting out is very hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla is limited and not expanding. You can play it through in a couple of months. People will then want to continue their journey on retail.
    lol.... Vanilla is at minimum 1 1/2 years of progression.
    You cannot play classic through in a couple months, especially not with the content release schedule.

Retail is something you can play through in a couple of weeks....
    Day 1 - Purchase the game and get an instant 110, level to 120.
    Day 2 - Start free loot
    Day 3 - Geared enough to pvp & progress for mythic raids
    Day 10 - Geared enough for Mythic Raids & Ez Mode Content

Here's classic for you.
    Day 10 - Hit max level
    Day 25 - Geared for Tier 1 Raids
    Day 120 - Geared for Tier 2 Raids

See the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    The MMO community is starving for a good MMO and Classic brings all of that to the table.

Many people completely forget how immersive the world is with classic and the community that evolves from being immersed in a game that truly is a "WORLD".

To be honest, the reason people won't return to classic is the fear of the addiction. Once you're sucked in, getting out is very hard.

- - - Updated - - -

You cannot play classic through in a couple months, especially not with the content release schedule.

Day 2 - Start free loot

Here's classic for you.
    Day 10 - Hit max level

See the difference?
    Truth. Id say about 95% of the hate you see on classic is not because people think its bad, they are legit worried they will get sucked in so hard it will affect their lives again lol.

Classic will kill current WoW in the same way Wildstar, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, and Vanguard did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt enough people will leave live permanently for there to be any real threat. It will find an audience for sure but I just don't see anyone who plays the current game that never played Vanilla or BC wanting to dump that much time into the game. Hell I was there in Vanilla and i don't even know if I will. I only have so much time to game these days and don't exactly feel like spending hours just to get anything done.

When I was 16 and in High School? Of course I wanted that but I am 30 now. I will pop in and enjoy it but only as a supplement to live when I don't have anything to really do.

5+ Year Old Account
    Classic will be popping off for about a week or 2 in the beginning just because its something new for a lot of ppl that didn't get to play it, then most of the younger player base will go running back to retail once they figure out what classic really is.
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Day 2 - Start free loot

Here's classic for you.
    Day 10 - Hit max level

See the difference?
    dont be so butthurt. If i start play classic in a year i could clear all content and get everything there is to get in a month. And then what? Nothing else is coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont be so butthurt. If i start play classic in a year i could clear all content and get everything there is to get in a month. And then what? Nothing else is coming.
    .. Except you couldn't get "all there is to get in a month", because not only does take around a month to level up and get ALL 40 PEOPLE set up for certain raids, you also need to find 40 people wanting to have the same schedule as you do.

Or did you think that you could solo raids?

Secondly, with that attitude, why even play WoW at all?
    Clearly you only care about clearing content as fast as humanly possible without even thinking about why you're clearing that content. You're definitely not the demographic they're aiming for so you don't have to worry your pretty little head over that either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    .. Except you couldn't get "all there is to get in a month", because not only does take around a month to level up and get ALL 40 PEOPLE set up for certain raids, you also need to find 40 people wanting to have the same schedule as you do.

Or did you think that you could solo raids?

Secondly, with that attitude, why even play WoW at all?
    Clearly you only care about clearing content as fast as humanly possible without even thinking about why you're clearing that content. You're definitely not the demographic they're aiming for so you don't have to worry your pretty little head over that either way.
    It was about limited content. It doesnt matter if it takes 1 month or 6. Ok it's not expanding - it's limited that's the point to make. Idiots everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was about limited content. It doesnt matter if it takes 1 month or 6. Ok it's not expanding - it's limited that's the point to make. Idiots everywhere.
    And your point being.. what exactly?
    If you don't like it, then move on out of the Classic forum.

As I've already explained, you aren't the demographic for Classic and any arguments you have are in the end completely pointless, a waste of space if you will.
    Blizzard will still make the project, people will still play the game for a LONG time, regardless of how upset you are over the fact that people might enjoy something.

As I've already explained, you aren't the demographic for Classic and any arguments you have are in the end completely pointless, a waste of space if you will.
    Blizzard will still make the project, people will still play the game for a LONG time, regardless of how upset you are over the fact that people might enjoy something.
    As I said I'll never understand this obsession with not wanting to Classic to succeed.

I mean 200k or 2 mil subs it's money either way and a healthy community.

I'll even play it myself. Just like i played KH or God of War. But at one point there won't be anything for me to do and i'll certainly stop playing. I dont try to make it worse for anyone else. If you wanna do the same content for 10 years nobody will stop you.

As I said I'll never understand this obsession with not wanting to Classic to succeed.

Id assume most of it comes from people not understanding how small of a team classic has, and that it has zero effect on retail development. Ive seen so many of these comments that is the only conclusion i can draw.

10+ Year Old Account

Considering a certain popular non-sanctioned server had 150k concurrent accounts active, I think Classic will punch way above that.
    Of course, estimation is impossible but there'll be quite a few people.
    And yeah, even if it "only" has 200k players, that's still more than enough for Blizz.

I'll even play it myself. Just like i played KH or God of War. But at one point there won't be anything for me to do and i'll certainly stop playing. I dont try to make it worse for anyone else. If you wanna do the same content for 10 years nobody will stop you.
    Why are you talking in absolutes?
    Secondly, we've been doing the same content for 14 years on retail. Appearances may be different, but it's functionally the same game in every system that makes up WoW. The only difference is they've removed most of the RPG elements and thrown in QoL elements instead.

I've just never understood people who are so inherently fucking salty over people wanting to play a certain game, to go "YEAH WELL WHY DON'T YOU MARRY IT AND PLAY FOR 400 YEARS STRAIGHT, SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT?"
    Like what the fuck is that argument?

maybe at first as some people try it.. but i suspect a lot of the newer players in WoW will miss the conveniences and not even realize how many they have till they are gone.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is completely over-rating Classic. It's a terrible game. And I've played WoW since May 2005. It will not kill any other game, including its sister LIVE server.

I am someone who is excited and waiting to play classic wow and I never even purchased this most recent expansion.

I know many of my friends (we all played since vanilla) also want to play.

This is a small sample pool, but my suspicion is that many people who want to play Vanilla are not people that will necessarily play live.

So Blizzard will certainly get older plays to sub who never intended to sub for retail with the release of vanilla which I think is great for the game in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Everyone is completely over-rating Classic. It's a terrible game. And I've played WoW since May 2005. It will not kill any other game, including its sister LIVE server.
    I'll also never understand how people try to pass off a subjective, anecdotal opinion as facts somehow.
    Facetious at best.