Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    And your point being.. what exactly?
    If you don't like it, then move on out of the Classic forum.

    As I've already explained, you aren't the demographic for Classic and any arguments you have are in the end completely pointless, a waste of space if you will.
    Blizzard will still make the project, people will still play the game for a LONG time, regardless of how upset you are over the fact that people might enjoy something.
    I'll even play it myself. Just like i played KH or God of War. But at one point there won't be anything for me to do and i'll certainly stop playing. I dont try to make it worse for anyone else. If you wanna do the same content for 10 years nobody will stop you.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    As I said I'll never understand this obsession with not wanting to Classic to succeed.

    I mean 200k or 2 mil subs it's money either way and a healthy community.
    Id assume most of it comes from people not understanding how small of a team classic has, and that it has zero effect on retail development. Ive seen so many of these comments that is the only conclusion i can draw.

  3. #123
    Pandaren Monk Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    As I said I'll never understand this obsession with not wanting to Classic to succeed.

    I mean 200k or 2 mil subs it's money either way and a healthy community.
    Considering a certain popular non-sanctioned server had 150k concurrent accounts active, I think Classic will punch way above that.
    Of course, estimation is impossible but there'll be quite a few people.
    And yeah, even if it "only" has 200k players, that's still more than enough for Blizz.


    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I'll even play it myself. Just like i played KH or God of War. But at one point there won't be anything for me to do and i'll certainly stop playing. I dont try to make it worse for anyone else. If you wanna do the same content for 10 years nobody will stop you.
    Why are you talking in absolutes?
    Secondly, we've been doing the same content for 14 years on retail. Appearances may be different, but it's functionally the same game in every system that makes up WoW. The only difference is they've removed most of the RPG elements and thrown in QoL elements instead.

    I've just never understood people who are so inherently fucking salty over people wanting to play a certain game, to go "YEAH WELL WHY DON'T YOU MARRY IT AND PLAY FOR 400 YEARS STRAIGHT, SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT?"
    Like what the fuck is that argument?

  4. #124
    maybe at first as some people try it.. but i suspect a lot of the newer players in WoW will miss the conveniences and not even realize how many they have till they are gone.
    Member:BFA Alpha, Member since 2/7/2018

  5. #125
    Dreadlord Frostyfire14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    775
    Everyone is completely over-rating Classic. It's a terrible game. And I've played WoW since May 2005. It will not kill any other game, including its sister LIVE server.

  6. #126
    I am someone who is excited and waiting to play classic wow and I never even purchased this most recent expansion.

    I know many of my friends (we all played since vanilla) also want to play.

    This is a small sample pool, but my suspicion is that many people who want to play Vanilla are not people that will necessarily play live.

    So Blizzard will certainly get older plays to sub who never intended to sub for retail with the release of vanilla which I think is great for the game in general.

  7. #127
    Pandaren Monk Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Everyone is completely over-rating Classic. It's a terrible game. And I've played WoW since May 2005. It will not kill any other game, including its sister LIVE server.
    I'll also never understand how people try to pass off a subjective, anecdotal opinion as facts somehow.
    Facetious at best.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Considering a certain popular non-sanctioned server had 150k concurrent accounts active, I think Classic will punch way above that.
    Of course, estimation is impossible but there'll be quite a few people.
    And yeah, even if it "only" has 200k players, that's still more than enough for Blizz.




    Why are you talking in absolutes?
    Secondly, we've been doing the same content for 14 years on retail. Appearances may be different, but it's functionally the same game in every system that makes up WoW. The only difference is they've removed most of the RPG elements and thrown in QoL elements instead.

    I've just never understood people who are so inherently fucking salty over people wanting to play a certain game, to go "YEAH WELL WHY DON'T YOU MARRY IT AND PLAY FOR 400 YEARS STRAIGHT, SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT?"
    Like what the fuck is that argument?
    Classic is limited and not expanding. Please face that fact.

  9. #129
    Pandaren Monk Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Classic is limited and not expanding. Please face that fact.
    So instead of actually trying to read a post, you're doubling back to something that has already been discussed ad nauseum in this subsection?
    What do you achieve with this?
    You are just wasting peoples time and your own by posting this inane shit.

    Also, please point out where I refuted that fact. Please do.
    I'm dying to see where I specifically, word for word, refuted that. In any way.
    Go on, I am waiting.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    So instead of actually trying to read a post, you're doubling back to something that has already been discussed ad nauseum in this subsection?
    What do you achieve with this?
    You are just wasting peoples time and your own by posting this inane shit.
    It's a good point to why classic won't be the "possible death of current". But then again you said classic and retail offer the same content. The best thing to do is to put you on ignore to save me indeed a bunch of wasted time.

  11. #131
    Pandaren Monk Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It's a good point to why classic won't be the "possible death of current". But then again you said classic and retail offer the same content. The best thing to do is to put you on ignore to save me indeed a bunch of wasted time.
    Are you somehow implying that the inherent systems and gameplay are radically different from older WoW expansions?
    Wow I was completely unaware that we've moved away from the MMO model in that case, you're the first one that has recognized this. Kudos.

    Also, please point out where I have, specifically, said that Classic will be the death of current WoW.
    Just because I am in the thread doesn't mean that I am agreeing with what's being posted, but I guess asking for someone to have any modicum of reading comprehension is far too much to ask out of someone incapable of having an argument in the first place.


    Quick suggestion, if you're just going to be a willfully obtuse contrarian, just get some fresh air and get out of the Classic section.
    Last edited by Gungnir; 2019-04-30 at 06:38 PM.

  12. #132
    BFA killed it before Classic even came out kek
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Three facts are certain. 10's of millions have come and gone since 2004. They left for many reasons, at least ONE person left because they thing modern WoW sucks. It is likely, that since the current game and the original game are so different that there are others (perhaps numbering in the millions) who also left for the same reason.

    So there are millions of people who are potential customers for Classic for a variety of reasons.
    The conclusion doesn't follow the premises. Having "at least one person leaving because they don't like modern WoW" does not translate to "there are millions of people who are potential customers for Classic". Could there be "millions"? Yes. Just as much as there could be just... a "few dozen".

    Second fact? NONE of these people are playing BfA.
    That's not a fact. You're making an absolute statement that can easily be unmade through anecdotal evidence. For example, I could say that someone in my guild only plays WoW because he has a lot of friends in the guild he likes to hang out with.

    So while those 10's of millions only MIGHT return to play Clasic, it is for sure they didn't return for BfA.
    Again, this conclusion doesn't follow ANY of your premises. It's delusional to think that "tens of millions" of players might return to play Classic WoW.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by jonatron View Post
    So since classic requires a bigger time investement than current wow (for casuals atleast) and since you can only play one game at a time.

    I was wondering if once classic is released and everyone and their mothers will be playing it.. won't it have a negative effect on current wow playerbase and ingame activity ?

    Classic still requires a sub to current wow to be played so the blizzard numbers won't realistically show who is playing what but i think Blizz might actually accidentally schoot current wow in the foot by dividing the playerbase.

    I'm not waiting for wow to die in any form nor do i think it will truly die anytime soon, but with all mmo's released since launch i believe that Wow classic has the biggest chance to do what has been repeated on these forums each time a compareable mmo releases.

    Will blizzard be able to convince us to play the xpac after bfa instead of classic ? for now i don't think so.


    Update: Given the answers, classic wow might be the thing current retail needs to fill in the content gaps between patches and expansions.
    Both of them being on the same sub might even be a blessing instead of a curse.

    Thanks for the answers and sorry if i triggered anyone with my now only 3 posts
    because the majority will naturally prefer to replay old content over new one, especially when they start introducing the shiny new features of the next expansions... new hero classes, new races, return of the Lich King? nah, i'll just stick to my water drinking,frostbolt spamming mage... 1 button rotation ftw

    classic is here to gap BfA and the next xpac, after this very few will remain

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Yeaaa that's down to your reading comprehension, no where did i say that those 10's of million's would return, merely its a far larger pool of people to draw from than the current retail playerbase.
    Go and re-read what you wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Classic is for the 10's of millions of people who have played this game since 2004 and quit
    You said that Classic WoW is being made for those "tens of millions of people". You're heavily implying that the reason those "tens of millions" of people left the game was because "it's no longer vanilla".

    Not to mention that "tens of millions of people who played since 2004" is just wrong, considering the highest peak vanilla WoW ever had was just around 8 mil, by the way.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    There will be a staggered release of content over a period of almost 18months according to Blizzard.

    And I would not be surprised to see TBC classic announced at Blizzcon 2020, if Vanilla is a success.
    So we end up with a "classic BFA by 2030"? Or do you think Blizz will keep all iterations of WoW running at the same time?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Go and re-read what you wrote:

    You said that Classic WoW is being made for those "tens of millions of people". You're heavily implying that the reason those "tens of millions" of people left the game was because "it's no longer vanilla".

    Not to mention that "tens of millions of people who played since 2004" is just wrong, considering the highest peak vanilla WoW ever had was just around 8 mil, by the way.
    The main point here is that classic does not have to rely on the current WoW playerbase to maintain a healthy population, as is insinuated on these forums regularly. People are going to be trying out classic for a wide variety of reasons, but id say the top of that list will be returning players who do in fact miss the style WoW had from vanilla>wrath.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It was about limited content. It doesnt matter if it takes 1 month or 6. Ok it's not expanding - it's limited that's the point to make. Idiots everywhere.
    If you're playing Classic wow for Raid content then you're obviously playing the wrong game. Raiding in classic is a bi-product of the game. Classic is about the community and the fun of PLAYING a game with others in a realm community. Raiding in classic is only 1 form of the entertainment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    So we end up with a "classic BFA by 2030"? Or do you think Blizz will keep all iterations of WoW running at the same time?
    I think Blizzard is going to develop an alternative content path and that will be determined by the success of classic.
    Classic will end with Classic. I see Blizzard using Classic to fill the void between retail & the next expansion to keep numbers up.

    I wouldn't be surprised if the next expansion is MASSIVE, almost as if it was WOW 2.
    The next expansion more then likely will bring back the grass roots of an mmo and take 2-3 years to develop.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    If you're playing Classic wow for Raid content then you're obviously playing the wrong game. Raiding in classic is a bi-product of the game. Classic is about the community and the fun of PLAYING a game with others in a realm community. Raiding in classic is only 1 form of the entertainment.
    ^^This guy gets it.

    Seriously its incredible how many people on this forum never played actual vanilla, raids were always the cherry on top, it was only the driving force for a very small % of people as compared to the majority today. I am not going to tell people how to enjoy a game, but i will point out that if you think raids are the most important part of vanilla, you have been tainted by years of retail brainwashing.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Imagine thinking BFA players will make up the majority of players on classic, or it relies on the retail playerbase to maintain a large population LUL.

    Classic is for the 10's of millions of people who have played this game since 2004 and quit, this number FAR surpasses how many people currently play the game.
    Imagine actually believing that there are tens of millions of people just waiting for a vanilla server.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •