Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post
    Not sure why people still think vulpera would come a long side of Mechagnomes ... we would more likely see "gilgoblins" or mecha-goblins
    Vulpera having high quality models with lots of customization and gear-able is a pretty clear sign where development resources were spent.
    Not a native english speaker, so pardon my typos and grammar errors.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniam View Post
    Entitled people like you want all content to be available for free with zero effort/gameplay required. You don't actually want to play a game, you just want more free shit. Your whining is nothing new, but it sure as hell does get old.

    Also, having to get a little bit of easy rep and complete a small questline is somehow "crazy." I can't believe how incredibly lazy people are these days.

    While you're at it, give us another one of those pathetic "Anyway laters" lines even though we all know you'll still be watching this thread and whining (hopefully just to yourself for once) about people that don't complain about meeting minor, simple requirements to unlock things.
    Taking races which were always unlocked on day 1 and then reskinning/gating them isn't being "entitled" lol.

    God forbid I actually expect them to bring in new and exciting content to actually put in effort for rather than just taking day one features away and calling it "content".

    But sure it's down to players being "lazy" which is ironic because that is exactly what the allied race system is. But whatever I guess.

    And if my "whining gets old" as you yourself say then ignore me. Can't really do anything about it on my end just because you don't like my criticism.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Put Mechagnomes and Vulpera on Blizzard Shop.

    Make Bank.

    Win the Game.
    With how greedy they are these days I wouldn't be surprised if they sold them in the shop.

    Then they really would be on par with what F2P games do.

  3. #43
    Pls no... are very creepy... I dont understand why delivery another ugly race to the Alliance, when players mostly prefer use "pretty" races like elfs.

    Just gives haircuts or mechanical parts as customization options to the gnome race.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

  4. #44
    Stood in the Fire Strippling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Kalimdor
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Pls no... are very creepy... I dont understand why delivery another ugly race to the Alliance, when players mostly prefer use "pretty" races like elfs.

    Just gives haircuts or mechanical parts as customization options to the gnome race.
    Alliance: Humans, Draenei, LF Draenei, Night Elfs, Void Elfs, (Worgen - human form)

    Horde: Blood Elfs, Nightborne

    That's 5 (and a half if you include Worgen) pretty race options for Alliance vs 2 for Horde. I don't think your "complaint" has a leg to stand on...
    That one misunderstands much... and underestimates more - Broxigar the Red Axe

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    8 different races (so far) in the timespan that we would get 1 or 2 new races at a time. While people argue about the same-ness of some races over others, we also got some completely unique models (Kul'Tiran, Zandalari male, Nightborne) out of it as well. And we know more are going to be released before 9.0.

    This feature isn't anything we've had in the past. Not sure how it can be seen as a "scam" when it probably took just as much work or more.

    I'd also go out on a limb and say people care more about having more race options than new starting zones, but that's just an opinion without evidence. Not that the reverse can be proved either.
    The issue isn't really isn't really Mechagnomes themselves. The dissatisfaction comes from their probable pairing with Vulpera for the Horde. There is already an asymmetry in faction population, and Mechagnomes have little (if any) likability that would make someone consider switching to Alliance. Now consider that option along side Vulpera.

    I get that some people don't care about them but there is an entire discord server of people hoping they become a playable race. This demonstrates the reality of there being a set of players that will willingly switch from Alliance to Horde specifically for this race.

    Even the lore suggests that they themselves don't even want to be mechagnomes. What kind of addition is that? A lackluster race that is disliked by players in the same way it exists in lore? Is this meta trolling?

  6. #46
    With the video they look alot less shitty then I previously thought. Still nowhere near the quality of the vulpera and wish they would have a few robot body options.

  7. #47
    As other people said I'd take about anything before mechagnomes (and vulpera). But hey, at least they will be pleasurable to kill like their more-fleshy cousins.

  8. #48
    In weird pleasure of Sadism.. reading about so much dislike I really want to add them. AR already pointed slightly out that most people are settled with their mains, so why should a lil Robognome the end of the world.

  9. #49
    Love them. Can't wait to play one!

  10. #50
    Immortal Khaza-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    7,753
    I would role one if you could go full machine.

  11. #51
    Absolute waste of Allied Race slot for few degenerates who play as tinker infants. Of course their population will be second lowest.
    M-mom? M-m-mommy, p-please d-d-d-don't kill me. I-I rea-lly am not j-just a lump of cells. Pleasssse Mommy.

  12. #52
    Warchief FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,034
    Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    The issue isn't really isn't really Mechagnomes themselves. The dissatisfaction comes from their probable pairing with Vulpera for the Horde. There is already an asymmetry in faction population, and Mechagnomes have little (if any) likability that would make someone consider switching to Alliance. Now consider that option along side Vulpera.

    I get that some people don't care about them but there is an entire discord server of people hoping they become a playable race. This demonstrates the reality of there being a set of players that will willingly switch from Alliance to Horde specifically for this race.

    Even the lore suggests that they themselves don't even want to be mechagnomes. What kind of addition is that? A lackluster race that is disliked by players in the same way it exists in lore? Is this meta trolling?
    Oh, you don't gotta tell me how uneven the pairing of Mechagnomes with Vulpera is. Even the Mechagnome's own thread on Official Forums hasn't gained much of any traction whereas it's obvious the majority love Vulpera as a new addition. I find Mechagnomes personally boring as shit.

    I do know of course there are for sure SOME Mechagnomes fans or Gnome fans who are excited for Mechagnomes for sure. But yes, they're unequivocally going to be the least popular Allied Race received, just sucks that it will be twice that Alliance members have to get a very niche lackluster race (that even many gnome fans aren't out about gushing over).

    I just see it as after mechagnomes, there shouldn't be room for lackluster additions to Alliance side anymore.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2019-04-23 at 12:33 AM.

  13. #53
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    32,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

    As for the gnomes. Not into them at all, but so far I'm kinda disappointed even with the options they have available, mostly because you can't change your arms/legs to different models and the factial features have no option for metal jaw + robo-brain. Seriously, how could you forget an option that has all features enabled .
    I watched the video without sound - so maybe I missed this: Seems like something a fan dug up, not an official Blizzard pre-view.

    But yeah...Robo jaws and brains

    And indeed....many Allied races don't really work for me. Then again, the Dark Irons were finally the option that pushed me to rolling a dwarf....and I might make a KT Druid, if I finally manage to finish that god-awful pre-req on my alliance alt...somehow...sometimes

  14. #54
    Whats the obsession with pointing out that X allied race is not going to be popular because they are creepy/ugly? They are supposed to extend customisation for main races, not replace them with something that will blow you out of the water.

    The aim with Mecha gnomes is to give gnome players more options and to give people who liked gnomes but wanted a little extra to actually play them, not to please elf and boobs lovers.

  15. #55
    Knew it GG Blizz another way to screw over the Alliance give them their least played race with a few minor changes that will be covered by armour, haha and people wonder why this games going to shit they are SOOO out of touch with their community.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Knew it GG Blizz another way to screw over the Alliance give them their least played race with a few minor changes that will be covered by armour, haha and people wonder why this games going to shit they are SOOO out of touch with their community.
    Every allied race should correspond with a current race. Gnome had to come eventually just like Govlin will for horde. They’re out of touch on a lot but this issue isn’t one

  17. #57
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    It's not like I would farm Rustbolt Rep by doing the actual content and playing the game.. but I could also wine about it to oblivion and beyond. And for my part, I am eager to find out what could be the racials of Mechagnomes, since all the other Races currently not appeal to me as option for my second main.
    Combat Subroutines: Mk (X):
    Activate to recieve a 1% bonus to haste (Mk 1), critical strike (Mk 2), or mastery (Mk 3)
    The chosen Combat Subroutine can only be changed in rest areas.

    Reactive Underplate:
    Whenever damage is taken, all further damage of that type is reduced by 3% for the next 10 seconds.
    One damage type may be protected against every 30 seconds
    Each unique Underplate protection may only occur once every 1.5 Minutes

    Automation:
    Reduces crafting time for all professions by 50%

    Core Overload:
    Activate to release a short electrical burst, stunning up to 5 enemies within 6 yrds for 1.5 seconds and dealing X nature damage
    2 minute cooldown.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2019-04-23 at 11:02 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I wish they'd done it with sub-races like most fans wanted, where it was just a new series of customization features for pre-existing races and didn't need anything crazy to unlock. I am not looking forward to grinding just for cooler looking gnomes, y'know?
    So what you're saying is you don't think you should have to play the game in order to get a reward in the game. You feel you should just be given it because you pay the sub. That's what you and Eleccy are saying. "We should get this for free, the fact we have to work for it makes it a scam/cash crab/mindless sub hook".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Taking races which were always unlocked on day 1 and then reskinning/gating them isn't being "entitled" lol.

    God forbid I actually expect them to bring in new and exciting content to actually put in effort for rather than just taking day one features away and calling it "content".

    But sure it's down to players being "lazy" which is ironic because that is exactly what the allied race system is. But whatever I guess.

    And if my "whining gets old" as you yourself say then ignore me. Can't really do anything about it on my end just because you don't like my criticism.

    - - - Updated - - -



    With how greedy they are these days I wouldn't be surprised if they sold them in the shop.

    Then they really would be on par with what F2P games do.
    Yes, you're entitled. Your entire argument boils down to "I think this is something we should have gotten for free, so Blizzard is being lazy for making us have to earn it."

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Combat Subroutines: Mk (X):
    Activate to recieve a 1% bonus to haste (Mk 1), critical strike (Mk 2), or mastery (Mk 3)
    The chosen Combat Subroutine can only be changed in rest areas.

    Reactive Underplate:
    Whenever damage is taken, all further damage of that type is reduced by 3% for the next 10 seconds.
    One damage type may be protected against every 30 seconds
    Each Underplate protection may only occur once every 1.5 Minutes

    Automation:
    Reduces crafting time for all professions by 50%

    Core Overload:
    Activate to release a short electrical burst, stunning up to 5 enemies within 6 yrds for 1.5 seconds and dealing X nature damage
    2 minute cooldown.
    These are cool racials. Underplating is like the old DK talent Acclimation.

  20. #60
    Elemental Lord OneWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tesseract
    Posts
    8,799
    This definitely makes more sense than Vulperas.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •