Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So what you're saying is you don't think you should have to play the game in order to get a reward in the game. You feel you should just be given it because you pay the sub. That's what you and Eleccy are saying. "We should get this for free, the fact we have to work for it makes it a scam/cash crab/mindless sub hook".

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes, you're entitled. Your entire argument boils down to "I think this is something we should have gotten for free, so Blizzard is being lazy for making us have to earn it."
    They way AR integrate into the game is utterly nonsensical. You need a max level character to grind out some rep and then when you finally unlocked the content you are supposed to throw away that character and start over or hand Blizzard a load of cash to make use of your new allied race. How you twits can keep defending this practice purely based on your misguided and pathetic sense of pride derived from a purely time wasting activity is just beyond me. Are your lives really that devoid of accomplishments that you crave these non-achievments?

  2. #62
    I find the prosthetics to be very high quality. I like it...with the upcoming MOG changes we can show them off. Not that I would play them since I'm horde, but cyborgs are always welcome.

  3. #63
    i just wonder how long it'll be before the SFM mechagnome fucknugget porn, since her arms and legs can be unscrewed.

    but yeah, it was always obvious from blizzcon that these guys were gonna be a race. it feels lame, but whatever i guess.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

    steve danuser - waifu cringelord

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They way AR integrate into the game is utterly nonsensical. You need a max level character to grind out some rep and then when you finally unlocked the content you are supposed to throw away that character and start over or hand Blizzard a load of cash to make use of your new allied race. How you twits can keep defending this practice purely based on your misguided and pathetic sense of pride derived from a purely time wasting activity is just beyond me. Are your lives really that devoid of accomplishments that you crave these non-achievments?
    The thing is I'm not against having to put effort into something.

    I'm against them taking what used to be day one features and then acting like it's new content or an expansion feature.

    Had they actually brought something brand new to grind out then fine.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-23 at 10:08 AM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    This definitely makes more sense than Vulperas.
    Yeah but Vulpera actually look new... Mechagnomes are just regular-ass boring gnomes with mechanical arms and legs...

  6. #66
    Vulpera will never become an Allied Race, because they're a unique race. So far all Allied Races were reskins and I guess that's how it'll stay.

    They will only ever add the Vulpera as a regular race and assuming they'll be a Horde race, then they'll also have to give to the Alliance a unique race.

    Mechagnomes make a lot of sense as an Alliance Allied Race and the Horde might as well get Giblins.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Yeah but Vulpera actually look new... Mechagnomes are just regular-ass boring gnomes with mechanical arms and legs...
    And that's why they're not adding Vulperas as an Allied Race, because that's not the point of this system. Players were always asking for subraces and Blizzard's answer to that are Allied Races: subraces that you can unlock.

    If they will ever add Vulpera, then they'll be a normal race

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They way AR integrate into the game is utterly nonsensical. You need a max level character to grind out some rep and then when you finally unlocked the content you are supposed to throw away that character and start over or hand Blizzard a load of cash to make use of your new allied race. How you twits can keep defending this practice purely based on your misguided and pathetic sense of pride derived from a purely time wasting activity is just beyond me. Are your lives really that devoid of accomplishments that you crave these non-achievments?
    First, your opinion. Second, no one says you have to throw away the max level character and start over, and if a race change costs a "load of cash" you have other problems. Besides if it was a cash grab they wouldn't have made race changing nullify getting the transmog. Third, calling someone names for having a different opinion than you means you've already lost the argument. Fourth, it's a video, everything in it is a time wasting activity. Fifth, another personal attack, please.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Yeah but Vulpera actually look new... Mechagnomes are just regular-ass boring gnomes with mechanical arms and legs...
    Vulpera literally use the goblin skeleton. Even use the same animations.

  8. #68
    Midget amputees, this is what we need.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Vulpera will never become an Allied Race, because they're a unique race. So far all Allied Races were reskins and I guess that's how it'll stay.

    And that's why they're not adding Vulperas as an Allied Race, because that's not the point of this system. Players were always asking for subraces and Blizzard's answer to that are Allied Races: subraces that you can unlock.
    I recall Blizzard specifically saying when allied races were announced that the reason they're called allied races and not simply sub races is that they wanted to leave room for entirely new races.

    Hell, Kul'tirans might as well be a new race as they have their own unique skeleton for animations whereas Vulpera are built on the goblin skeleton but have some added unique animations.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Vulpera will never become an Allied Race, because they're a unique race. So far all Allied Races were reskins and I guess that's how it'll stay.

    They will only ever add the Vulpera as a regular race and assuming they'll be a Horde race, then they'll also have to give to the Alliance a unique race.

    Mechagnomes make a lot of sense as an Alliance Allied Race and the Horde might as well get Giblins.

    - - - Updated - - -



    And that's why they're not adding Vulperas as an Allied Race, because that's not the point of this system. Players were always asking for subraces and Blizzard's answer to that are Allied Races: subraces that you can unlock.

    If they will ever add Vulpera, then they'll be a normal race
    Doubt it.. Zandalari and Kul Tiran were also unique models.
    Plus, check out the Brewfest-Vulpera icon :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    First, your opinion. Second, no one says you have to throw away the max level character and start over, and if a race change costs a "load of cash" you have other problems. Besides if it was a cash grab they wouldn't have made race changing nullify getting the transmog. Third, calling someone names for having a different opinion than you means you've already lost the argument. Fourth, it's a video, everything in it is a time wasting activity. Fifth, another personal attack, please.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Vulpera literally use the goblin skeleton. Even use the same animations.
    But still have a different final rig due to the tail.
    And they also have different animations.

  11. #71
    Brewmaster shade3891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    One reason would be that gnomes are not popular as a race?

    Then again it could be an option to make them more popular

    Personally I pass on that Allied race and will /popcorn on the shitstorm why we don't get Tinkers
    Who says we don't get Tinkers? They could be released together with the Junk Gnomes, also doesn't horde and alliance get rep for them? Maybe like Pandas you get to choose horde or alliance??

  12. #72
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    32,150
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Who says we don't get Tinkers? They could be released together with the Junk Gnomes, also doesn't horde and alliance get rep for them? Maybe like Pandas you get to choose horde or alliance??
    It's more of a "what if" reply. As nobody (players) knows if we get Tinkers or not. But if it is a class, what races will they be? Gnomes and Goblins kinda pop into my head and that is it. Could be because of Goblin / Gnome engineering though, that my imagination is limited

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Doubt it.. Zandalari and Kul Tiran were also unique models.
    Plus, check out the Brewfest-Vulpera icon :-)



    But still have a different final rig due to the tail.
    And they also have different animations.
    I'm not sure about all of them but the female vulpera share melee attack and /cheer animations at the very least.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No sweat off mine either if you can't see they just took a core feature and gated it to keep people on a sub hook or paying for boosts/race changes.

    But sure say them going cash grab on a core feature is a "good thing". I'm sure BFA is a good thing when the majority are leaving the expansion.

    Anyway laters.
    Who are you, HvBF? Boohoo, big evil company prioritizes making money over the spirit of gaming. Don't get me wrong, I am also not enamoured with things such as pathfinder and I highly dislike p2w games (which wow is not), but acting like allied races are not a very successful feature is just being a hater for the sake of hatred.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Vulpera are reskinned Goblins...same rig, same animations. No problem with them becoming an AR. And "unique"? Nightborne are unique, Kul'Tirans are unique, Zandalari are unique. Not sure what you want to say. They look very different than all other races but share animations (except Kul'Tirans) with other races.
    Kul'Tirans even have a different rig and new animations...if that isn't unique, I don't know...
    Are Nightborne really different? I thought they were just Nelfs

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post


    Is there any reason to still think Mechagnomes are not going to become allied races with this ?
    Well Vulpera were leaked as confirmed for horde with the recent PTR data mine so one would assume so.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Are Nightborne really different? I thought they were just Nelfs
    They use a modified rig with new animations.
    “If you don't believe me that is too damn bad!”

  17. #77
    While I would've preferred actual mechagnomes, after seeing all the customization options for these junker gnomes, they're starting to grow on me.
    You can find me on the roleplaying realms of Wyrmrest Accord (Horde) and Moon Guard (Alliance). I'm also a huge customization, allied races/subraces, and cosmetic enthusiast.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'm not sure about all of them but the female vulpera share melee attack and /cheer animations at the very least.
    True, but just check out the sleep-aimation for example

  19. #79

  20. #80
    Brewmaster shade3891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    No, I've always believed they'd be introduced as allied races. I do not believe they'll be introduced as Tinker class though.
    I would agree with you if there were no Tinkers in Island expeditions and as followers besides the regular classes.
    Also blizzard often says "only if it makes sense" and it does if they introduce the Rustbolt Gnomes as a playable option.

    Also Tinkers is a regular requested class, it might cause a surge or atleast stop the decline in subs if they add them now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •