Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Vulpera are reskinned Goblins...same rig, same animations. No problem with them becoming an AR. And "unique"? Nightborne are unique, Kul'Tirans are unique, Zandalari are unique. Not sure what you want to say. They look very different than all other races but share animations (except Kul'Tirans) with other races.
    Kul'Tirans even have a different rig and new animations...if that isn't unique, I don't know...
    I guess one can look at these things at whatever angle one choses....but to me an allied race has already an equivalent in game and it makes them more like a "sub-race" (no matter if the rig or animation is new or old)

Tauren / Highmountain Tauren
    Dwarves / DI dwarves
    Draenei / LF Draenei
    etc
    ...and so in the end, Nightborne are Elves, Kul Tiras are Humans and Zandalari are just another form of Trolls.

Vulpera might share a rig with goblins, but they look completely different (through a very different skin). So to me they would be a distinct and separate race (like Sethrak). Mechagnomes however would be an Allied Race.

Just my personal take on this.....

I, too am tired of timegated stuff.

Three tiers of raids at launch please and thank you.

But on topic; Since Blizzard has stated they were "testing" the Vulpera since before launch to add NPC variety, we never had clues they intend to be an allied race, Mechagnomes may just be another in the line of said NPC varieties.

Now, not saying this cannot be undone. With such a system, Blizz can just flip a metaphorical switch and make them AR down the road. But for me, going to err on the side of them not being an AR within the realm of BFA.

I'm hopeful they wouldn't be dumb enough to pair mechagnomes with vulpera. With any luck they'll release four at once - Vulpera and something original (fingers crossed for Sethrak) and then mechagnome and another race variant for Horde, like gilgoblins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess one can look at these things at whatever angle one choses....but to me an allied race has already an equivalent in game and it makes them more like a "sub-race" (no matter if the rig or animation is new or old)

Tauren / Highmountain Tauren
    Dwarves / DI dwarves
    Draenei / LF Draenei
    etc
    ...and so in the end, Nightborne are Elves, Kul Tiras are Humans and Zandalari are just another form of Trolls.

Vulpera might share a rig with goblins, but they look completely different (through a very different skin). So to me they would be a distinct and separate race (like Sethrak). Mechagnomes however would be an Allied Race.

Just my personal take on this.....
    The only real prerequisite for an Allied Race is "a playable race which is earned in game through reputation and questing".

Blizzard has not attached any other qualifiers, so anything else like "have to be a race variant and can't be a new race" or "have to use existing race models" is just people seeing trends and attaching their own assumptions.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So what you're saying is you don't think you should have to play the game in order to get a reward in the game. You feel you should just be given it because you pay the sub. That's what you and Eleccy are saying. "We should get this for free, the fact we have to work for it makes it a scam/cash crab/mindless sub hook".
    No, I'm saying that it should be treated similar to how races were treated in the past. You buy the expansion, you get the race, simple. In this case, if you buy the expansion, you should get the allied race. The extra hoops that they're giving you to jump through are unnecessary and completely new. There was no precedent for this before allied races, therefore this is not the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Who says we don't get Tinkers? They could be released together with the Junk Gnomes, also doesn't horde and alliance get rep for them? Maybe like Pandas you get to choose horde or alliance??
    Alliance and Horde also had rep for the Nightfallen, but only the Horde wound up getting their butchered form as playable.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    One reason would be that gnomes are not popular as a race?

Then again it could be an option to make them more popular

Personally I pass on that Allied race and will /popcorn on the shitstorm why we don't get Tinkers
    This will not make them more popular.. gnomes suck.. I mean lets be honest.

I'd roll one and name it "Cliffsteele".

Mechagnome Robo-Druid please blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post

Is there any reason to still think Mechagnomes are not going to become allied races with this ?
    Yes, Blizzard might just be done with Allied Races for this expansion. The fact that they have customization options prooves nothing. The fact that you can browse them in character customization screen prooves nothing, it's quite easy to set up a private server and mod the game to show any races as playable.

They are the most likely candidates to become one for the Alliance but I think Kul Tirans and Zandalari were the last ones for this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Any chance for screen shots instead? Not a fan of videos.
    Wait, why? You can just pause it and skip through it instead of expecting other people to post screenshots instead.

Vulpera are reskinned Goblins...same rig, same animations. No problem with them becoming an AR. And "unique"? Nightborne are unique, Kul'Tirans are unique, Zandalari are unique. Not sure what you want to say. They look very different than all other races but share animations (except Kul'Tirans) with other races.
    Kul'Tirans even have a different rig and new animations...if that isn't unique, I don't know...
    No they are not reskinned Goblins, they don't look anything alike. Just because they share the same rig (FYI every race in this game shares the same skeleton) doesn't mean that one is just a reskin of another.

Nightborne are obviously (lore-wise and from the looks) a Night Elf reskin, because they literally just have different skin options/colors. Again, they don't look anything alike. Zandalari aren't unique either. They're again, a troll race, for the most part they're even just straight standing trolls with other skin options and some different detail. Kul Tirans are the only somewhat unique Allied Race, but then again they're still humans lore-wise and not a purely unique race either. They're fat humans.

Vulpera are a different race lore-wise and their model looks totally different. They have nothing in common with goblins besides some technicalities.

Honestly your post is pretty stupid, there's nothing more to add to that.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Wait, why? You can just pause it and skip through it instead of expecting other people to post screenshots instead.
    Most of my posting is done on my phone, I can see detail in a screenshot most of the time but not in YouTube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I recall Blizzard specifically saying when allied races were announced that the reason they're called allied races and not simply sub races is that they wanted to leave room for entirely new races.

Hell, Kul'tirans might as well be a new race as they have their own unique skeleton for animations whereas Vulpera are built on the goblin skeleton but have some added unique animations.
    Again, all races share this same "skeleton", it's been explained countless times on these forums. And if that was the case it doesn't matter. Just because some technical stuff is the same doesn't mean that goblins and vulpera are the same race or that they look anything alike.

Also "the reason they're called allied races and not simply sub races is that they wanted to leave room for entirely new races. " is something I've heard people say on MMOC as well, but I've never seen Blizz actually say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Course they will.

After you spend time farming pointless 75 rep a quest World Quests and doing a more than likely heavily timegated story.

Gotta take core features and gate them. That's the Blizzard way these days. And no just because they have the word "Allied" next to them doesn't make them any different from races.
    Because if you don't, the content is done in a week. You sound like this is somehow a bad practice to stagger content. The MMO's that don't often gate their content with much more grinding. Ain't that what FF14 does?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Doubt it.. Zandalari and Kul Tiran were also unique models.
    Plus, check out the Brewfest-Vulpera icon :-)
    Again, Zandalari Trolls and KT Humans aren't unique as Vulpera are. They're still a subrace of existing races, while Vulpera a distinct race lore-wise and from how they look like.

I don't know how you come to the conclusion that a Brewfest-icon indicates that Vulpera are going to be an Allied Race and not just a normal race in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    Because if you don't, the content is done in a week. You sound like this is somehow a bad practice to stagger content. The MMO's that don't often gate their content with much more grinding. Ain't that what FF14 does?
    Good old "BUT WE HAVE TO GATE IT TO SLOW PEOPLE DOWN" hyperbole......

Yeah must be working since people are leaving WoW for other games.

Yes it's a bad practice to stagger content to keep people on a sub hook with low quality content. Period. ActiBlizz have proven that this is the path they want to take to rake in more profit at the cost of quality products so let's not pretend otherwise and that games have to have timegating with such hyperbole please.

So in short. If you want to have a discussion I'm happy to but please don't resort to hyperbole to fuel your side.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-23 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post

Is there any reason to still think Mechagnomes are not going to become allied races with this ?
    Yes. Armor graphics.

One of the issues with tuning a character model, updating, etc, w/e. Is updating every piece of armor to fit properly. These are Blizzards words, not mine.

So from that statement, these "things" have no hands or feet that would use armor. Meaning, half of the armor sets would be useless(not visible) to work on them. Which would cause TONS of other people to complain about it. "My robotic leg gnome isn't wearing the boots he is equipped with. pls fix bliz."

So while a cool idea, I don't ever see it being an allied race, until they can convince the player-base that they will pick a class, that won't show armor on most of its body. A player-base mind you, that chooses gnome and goblins pretty much dead last as played races. Zero reason to do that work for a race no one picks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    If people are still saying Vulpera aren't gonna happen, I'd imagine people will refute Mechagnomes as well, until they're formally announced. If they're playable, I hope they add a "color" option to the prosthetics, since transmog the transmog potential will already be hindered by the lack of gloves/boots/pants/arms.

That said, if they're not an allied race, I really hope they make those hairstyles unlockable for regular gnomes. That Dr. Robotnik mustache on the male is magnificent.
    I think that one may be the biggest hoop for the idea of making mechagnomes a playable race: the mechanical arms and legs would be hidden behind armor, making their addition rather... pointless. Or if those arms and legs automatically 'hide' arms, gloves, pants and boots... that'd screw up a lot of customized transmog sets...

Just because you think so doesn't mean that it's the truth...just saying.
    i think there may be a difference in what you two are talking about.

he's talking about the actual species, you're talking about models.

he's right in that vulpera are an actual new race, while every other allied race are, at the very least, the same species as currently existing races. i hadn't really thought about that fact myself, maybe that does hurt vulpera's chances of being an allied race.

the closest to a new race that we have in the current allied races are nightborne. they are a full new race of elves, they're not just arcane night elves as some people believe. they're every bit as different as blood elves are from night elves. but, they remain the same species as the rest of the elves, elves.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

steve danuser - waifu cringelord

Here's hoping Vulpera are neutral and mechagnomes are just customization options for gnomes. Doesn't look likely though, does it?
    thinly veiled high elf thread

I'd like them, but I know that I'll probably have to play ten million years of time-gated repetitive grindy "content" totally identical to the time-gated grindy Horde content I've already done just to play as one.