Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Any chance for screen shots instead? Not a fan of videos.
    Wait, why? You can just pause it and skip through it instead of expecting other people to post screenshots instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Vulpera are reskinned Goblins...same rig, same animations. No problem with them becoming an AR. And "unique"? Nightborne are unique, Kul'Tirans are unique, Zandalari are unique. Not sure what you want to say. They look very different than all other races but share animations (except Kul'Tirans) with other races.
    Kul'Tirans even have a different rig and new animations...if that isn't unique, I don't know...
    No they are not reskinned Goblins, they don't look anything alike. Just because they share the same rig (FYI every race in this game shares the same skeleton) doesn't mean that one is just a reskin of another.

Nightborne are obviously (lore-wise and from the looks) a Night Elf reskin, because they literally just have different skin options/colors. Again, they don't look anything alike. Zandalari aren't unique either. They're again, a troll race, for the most part they're even just straight standing trolls with other skin options and some different detail. Kul Tirans are the only somewhat unique Allied Race, but then again they're still humans lore-wise and not a purely unique race either. They're fat humans.

Vulpera are a different race lore-wise and their model looks totally different. They have nothing in common with goblins besides some technicalities.

Honestly your post is pretty stupid, there's nothing more to add to that.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Wait, why? You can just pause it and skip through it instead of expecting other people to post screenshots instead.
    Most of my posting is done on my phone, I can see detail in a screenshot most of the time but not in YouTube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I recall Blizzard specifically saying when allied races were announced that the reason they're called allied races and not simply sub races is that they wanted to leave room for entirely new races.

Hell, Kul'tirans might as well be a new race as they have their own unique skeleton for animations whereas Vulpera are built on the goblin skeleton but have some added unique animations.
    Again, all races share this same "skeleton", it's been explained countless times on these forums. And if that was the case it doesn't matter. Just because some technical stuff is the same doesn't mean that goblins and vulpera are the same race or that they look anything alike.

Also "the reason they're called allied races and not simply sub races is that they wanted to leave room for entirely new races. " is something I've heard people say on MMOC as well, but I've never seen Blizz actually say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Course they will.

After you spend time farming pointless 75 rep a quest World Quests and doing a more than likely heavily timegated story.

Gotta take core features and gate them. That's the Blizzard way these days. And no just because they have the word "Allied" next to them doesn't make them any different from races.
    Because if you don't, the content is done in a week. You sound like this is somehow a bad practice to stagger content. The MMO's that don't often gate their content with much more grinding. Ain't that what FF14 does?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Doubt it.. Zandalari and Kul Tiran were also unique models.
    Plus, check out the Brewfest-Vulpera icon :-)
    Again, Zandalari Trolls and KT Humans aren't unique as Vulpera are. They're still a subrace of existing races, while Vulpera a distinct race lore-wise and from how they look like.

I don't know how you come to the conclusion that a Brewfest-icon indicates that Vulpera are going to be an Allied Race and not just a normal race in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    Because if you don't, the content is done in a week. You sound like this is somehow a bad practice to stagger content. The MMO's that don't often gate their content with much more grinding. Ain't that what FF14 does?
    Good old "BUT WE HAVE TO GATE IT TO SLOW PEOPLE DOWN" hyperbole......

Yeah must be working since people are leaving WoW for other games.

Yes it's a bad practice to stagger content to keep people on a sub hook with low quality content. Period. ActiBlizz have proven that this is the path they want to take to rake in more profit at the cost of quality products so let's not pretend otherwise and that games have to have timegating with such hyperbole please.

So in short. If you want to have a discussion I'm happy to but please don't resort to hyperbole to fuel your side.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-23 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post

Is there any reason to still think Mechagnomes are not going to become allied races with this ?
    Yes. Armor graphics.

One of the issues with tuning a character model, updating, etc, w/e. Is updating every piece of armor to fit properly. These are Blizzards words, not mine.

So from that statement, these "things" have no hands or feet that would use armor. Meaning, half of the armor sets would be useless(not visible) to work on them. Which would cause TONS of other people to complain about it. "My robotic leg gnome isn't wearing the boots he is equipped with. pls fix bliz."

So while a cool idea, I don't ever see it being an allied race, until they can convince the player-base that they will pick a class, that won't show armor on most of its body. A player-base mind you, that chooses gnome and goblins pretty much dead last as played races. Zero reason to do that work for a race no one picks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    If people are still saying Vulpera aren't gonna happen, I'd imagine people will refute Mechagnomes as well, until they're formally announced. If they're playable, I hope they add a "color" option to the prosthetics, since transmog the transmog potential will already be hindered by the lack of gloves/boots/pants/arms.

That said, if they're not an allied race, I really hope they make those hairstyles unlockable for regular gnomes. That Dr. Robotnik mustache on the male is magnificent.
    I think that one may be the biggest hoop for the idea of making mechagnomes a playable race: the mechanical arms and legs would be hidden behind armor, making their addition rather... pointless. Or if those arms and legs automatically 'hide' arms, gloves, pants and boots... that'd screw up a lot of customized transmog sets...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Just because you think so doesn't mean that it's the truth...just saying.
    i think there may be a difference in what you two are talking about.

he's talking about the actual species, you're talking about models.

he's right in that vulpera are an actual new race, while every other allied race are, at the very least, the same species as currently existing races. i hadn't really thought about that fact myself, maybe that does hurt vulpera's chances of being an allied race.

the closest to a new race that we have in the current allied races are nightborne. they are a full new race of elves, they're not just arcane night elves as some people believe. they're every bit as different as blood elves are from night elves. but, they remain the same species as the rest of the elves, elves.

I'd like them, but I know that I'll probably have to play ten million years of time-gated repetitive grindy "content" totally identical to the time-gated grindy Horde content I've already done just to play as one.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Here's hoping Vulpera are neutral and mechagnomes are just customization options for gnomes. Doesn't look likely though, does it?
    the mechagnome npcs have a unique voice, and it seems to continue blizzard's somewhat annoying trend with allied races of having an echo-y sound to their voice.

Good old "BUT WE HAVE TO GATE IT TO SLOW PEOPLE DOWN" hyperbole......

Yeah must be working since people are leaving WoW for other games.

Yes it's a bad practice to stagger content to keep people on a sub hook with low quality content. Period. ActiBlizz have proven that this is the path they want to take to rake in more profit at the cost of quality products so let's not pretend otherwise and that games have to have timegating with such hyperbole please.

So in short. If you want to have a discussion I'm happy to but please don't resort to hyperbole to fuel your side.
    There's no need to be so aggressive. There's no hyperbole on my part at all, you're reading into it something that isn't there. I'm merely static a fact.
    Yes, it makes more sense to stagger content so as to have a more even player count rather than brief spikes.
    There hasn't been a point in this game were we haven't either had really grindy content, or gated content. In Vanilla and TBC, content took time because it was much more grindy and at times overtuned. Not because there was more of it.

Nowadays, you can know every detail about new content before it's even playable. In part, you've already consumed the content because it holds no surprises for you.

Now I'd like to ask, what does FF14 do? Because as I hear it from friends that play it, it's grindy instead. In fact, what does any other MMO do that you might consider to be better? Does any MMO make more and equally good (or better) content at the same pace as WoW?
    I'm not trying to vehemently defend WoW, it does plenty of things I don't like. But if you want to point fingers and say "This is bad." it's always a good idea to show examples of what's good, as opposed to what you consider bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Pls no... are very creepy... I dont understand why delivery another ugly race to the Alliance, when players mostly prefer use "pretty" races like elfs.

Just gives haircuts or mechanical parts as customization options to the gnome race.
    ^^^
    This, and would make sense...

Maybe those Ankoran can be the new other faction race, while Horde gets Vulpera...
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Alliance: Humans, Draenei, LF Draenei, Night Elfs, Void Elfs, (Worgen - human form)

Horde: Blood Elfs, Nightborne

That's 5 (and a half if you include Worgen) pretty race options for Alliance vs 2 for Horde. I don't think your "complaint" has a leg to stand on...
    Personally I don't consider Human "pretty"... are very generic as race... but my point is another: looking at statistics players prefer "pretty" races, so I don't understand why Blizzard spent time to introduce a race that will be barely represented.

Also, mostly of this “allied races” are just a customization options for already existing races. So, basically, to me its hard be excited for something that i don't like aesthetically (the model look very awkward because the disproportion about arms and legs) and as idea.

Instead to introduce new customizable options for our races, we got a customizable option as race. If you are happy for this, good for you... I'm not.

Horde with Nightborn and maybe Vulpera are new races... Alliance got nothing new.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

/Shrug. Not happy with the game. Simple as that. Hence I'm critical. I think Allied Races are a cash grab scam of a system and just another example of taking something we normally got on day 1 away from us to then bring it back as a "feature".

They took a core feature and rep/timegated it and made levelling flat out worse in the hopes people would just race change or boost. Simple as that.
    Seeing WQs grant 75 rep, knowing you need 21 THOUSAND to hit exalted is just flat out enough for people to not do them. I think this is why Allied Races are so underrepresented. People do it though, and that's what Activision (I don't even say Blizzard anymore lmao) banks on. Nothing more than a number, they're all Time Played Metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Seeing WQs grant 75 rep, knowing you need 21 THOUSAND to hit exalted is just flat out enough for people to not do them. I think this is why Allied Races are so underrepresented. People do it though, and that's what Activision (I don't even say Blizzard anymore lmao) banks on. Nothing more than a number, they're all Time Played Metrics.
    Yep and if RNG decides to kick in then it's emissary day or the zone has some 100 rep tokens.

It's so damn pathetic they've injected RNG into rep grinding.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-23 at 09:47 PM.

Only thing that makes me doubt Mechagnomes at this point is they're attached to a neutral rep and the last 4 have had faction specific rep plus vulpera would be a faction specific rep.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Only thing that makes me doubt Mechagnomes at this point is they're attached to a neutral rep and the last 4 have had faction specific rep plus vulpera would be a faction specific rep.
    Don’t really see that being a big issue, the first four Allied Races were all tied to neutral reps.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Nightfallen were a neutral rep, plus Highmountain and... well, they all were from the Legion peeps.