Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Here's hoping Vulpera are neutral and mechagnomes are just customization options for gnomes. Doesn't look likely though, does it?
    the mechagnome npcs have a unique voice, and it seems to continue blizzard's somewhat annoying trend with allied races of having an echo-y sound to their voice.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

steve danuser - waifu cringelord

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Good old "BUT WE HAVE TO GATE IT TO SLOW PEOPLE DOWN" hyperbole......

Yeah must be working since people are leaving WoW for other games.

Yes it's a bad practice to stagger content to keep people on a sub hook with low quality content. Period. ActiBlizz have proven that this is the path they want to take to rake in more profit at the cost of quality products so let's not pretend otherwise and that games have to have timegating with such hyperbole please.

So in short. If you want to have a discussion I'm happy to but please don't resort to hyperbole to fuel your side.
    There's no need to be so aggressive. There's no hyperbole on my part at all, you're reading into it something that isn't there. I'm merely static a fact.
    Yes, it makes more sense to stagger content so as to have a more even player count rather than brief spikes.
    There hasn't been a point in this game were we haven't either had really grindy content, or gated content. In Vanilla and TBC, content took time because it was much more grindy and at times overtuned. Not because there was more of it.

Nowadays, you can know every detail about new content before it's even playable. In part, you've already consumed the content because it holds no surprises for you.

Now I'd like to ask, what does FF14 do? Because as I hear it from friends that play it, it's grindy instead. In fact, what does any other MMO do that you might consider to be better? Does any MMO make more and equally good (or better) content at the same pace as WoW?
    I'm not trying to vehemently defend WoW, it does plenty of things I don't like. But if you want to point fingers and say "This is bad." it's always a good idea to show examples of what's good, as opposed to what you consider bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Pls no... are very creepy... I dont understand why delivery another ugly race to the Alliance, when players mostly prefer use "pretty" races like elfs.

Just gives haircuts or mechanical parts as customization options to the gnome race.
    ^^^
    This, and would make sense...

Maybe those Ankoran can be the new other faction race, while Horde gets Vulpera...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Alliance: Humans, Draenei, LF Draenei, Night Elfs, Void Elfs, (Worgen - human form)

Horde: Blood Elfs, Nightborne

That's 5 (and a half if you include Worgen) pretty race options for Alliance vs 2 for Horde. I don't think your "complaint" has a leg to stand on...
    Personally I don't consider Human "pretty"... are very generic as race... but my point is another: looking at statistics players prefer "pretty" races, so I don't understand why Blizzard spent time to introduce a race that will be barely represented.

Also, mostly of this “allied races” are just a customization options for already existing races. So, basically, to me its hard be excited for something that i don't like aesthetically (the model look very awkward because the disproportion about arms and legs) and as idea.

Instead to introduce new customizable options for our races, we got a customizable option as race. If you are happy for this, good for you... I'm not.

Horde with Nightborn and maybe Vulpera are new races... Alliance got nothing new.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    /Shrug. Not happy with the game. Simple as that. Hence I'm critical. I think Allied Races are a cash grab scam of a system and just another example of taking something we normally got on day 1 away from us to then bring it back as a "feature".

They took a core feature and rep/timegated it and made levelling flat out worse in the hopes people would just race change or boost. Simple as that.
    Seeing WQs grant 75 rep, knowing you need 21 THOUSAND to hit exalted is just flat out enough for people to not do them. I think this is why Allied Races are so underrepresented. People do it though, and that's what Activision (I don't even say Blizzard anymore lmao) banks on. Nothing more than a number, they're all Time Played Metrics.
    RIP BFA! 8/27.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post

The only real prerequisite for an Allied Race is "a playable race which is earned in game through reputation and questing".

Blizzard has not attached any other qualifiers, so anything else like "have to be a race variant and can't be a new race" or "have to use existing race models" is just people seeing trends and attaching their own assumptions.
    Fair enough, which is why I added "Just my personal take on this....."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Seeing WQs grant 75 rep, knowing you need 21 THOUSAND to hit exalted is just flat out enough for people to not do them. I think this is why Allied Races are so underrepresented. People do it though, and that's what Activision (I don't even say Blizzard anymore lmao) banks on. Nothing more than a number, they're all Time Played Metrics.
    Some WQ grant 125 rep. There are weeks with WQ's featured and extra rep. When emissaries are up, 4 quests in a zone reward an extra 1500 rep. With an assault in a zone, it is 500 rep on your continent. And before that, there are is all the rep you get by questing as you level (or even at 120)

This is no attempt to justify anything, just showing that by saying "Seeing WQs grant 75 rep, knowing you need 21 THOUSAND to hit exalted" is not only omitting things (see above) but actually flat out wrong. As you in fact need 42 000 rep to exalted (3000 to friendly + 6000 to honored + 12 000 to revered + 21 000 to exalted)

Yep and if RNG decides to kick in then it's emissary day or the zone has some 100 rep tokens.

It's so damn pathetic they've injected RNG into rep grinding.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-23 at 09:47 PM.

Only thing that makes me doubt Mechagnomes at this point is they're attached to a neutral rep and the last 4 have had faction specific rep plus vulpera would be a faction specific rep.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Only thing that makes me doubt Mechagnomes at this point is they're attached to a neutral rep and the last 4 have had faction specific rep plus vulpera would be a faction specific rep.
    Don’t really see that being a big issue, the first four Allied Races were all tied to neutral reps.

Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Nightfallen were a neutral rep, plus Highmountain and... well, they all were from the Legion peeps.

After doing the quests for the zones on my Alt (still have a few wanted) and invasions, emissary, war campaign I only need about 10K more rep that is required to grind. The amount will very based on how long it takes you to do the quests and how many emissary and invasions fit in. My alt still has less then 2 days of /play time. The bad part really doesn't come into play until you hit the 12k into revered mark.

They could make it a non-issue if the rep from invasions is given in tokens rather then just 7th legion or Honorbound. I've already hit two paragon rewards with them. It isn't that bad of a thing to unlock them currently and is relatively easy to get by playing the game naturally. Isn't that the point of wanting to unlock the allied race though? Playing the game. You don't get anything special at end game for an allied race. So it isn't a big deal if you don't want to do content to unlock them if you wouldn't be doing that content anyways.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Im not blown away with them. Neither am i planning to play them as an allied race.

However if i had to choose between these and normal gnomes for a new(?) tinker class character, i would choose these.

The four legion based allied races require exalted from neutral reps. That isnt a reason for them not to be allied races

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Don’t really see that being a big issue, the first four Allied Races were all tied to neutral reps.
    Yeah and then you had people whining that they were "betrayed" by nightborne/lightforged/highmountain as would be the case with the Rustbolt Resistence. I know it's not actually a big deal, despite the vocal minority, but it did seem like Blizzard was shifting to faction specific reps and the Legion themed races were just because there was nothing but neutral reps in Legion.

Edit: And at heart I still think we'll get them since ankoan are clearly not made to be playable and they'd be Alliance's only faction specific alternative since Kul Tiras is nothing but humans. I'm just in the denial stage of grief.
    Last edited by seleri; 2019-04-23 at 10:02 PM.

I would play one in an instant. However, I wish there were more options for a fully mechanical face with no skin showing, and I wish transmog would show up on their legs and arms. However, I'd definitely work around that.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Bloodsail Admiral
    With the whole mechagnome aesthetic coming, what I’d prefer is the “junker look” would be unlocking additional customization for Goblins and Gnomes. Actual Mechagnomes, full on sentient robots from Northrend, would be the Allied Race for Gnomes and Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Fair enough, which is why I added "Just my personal take on this....."

- - - Updated - - -

Some WQ grant 125 rep. There are weeks with WQ's featured and extra rep. When emissaries are up, 4 quests in a zone reward an extra 1500 rep. With an assault in a zone, it is 500 rep on your continent. And before that, there are is all the rep you get by questing as you level (or even at 120)

This is no attempt to justify anything, just showing that by saying "Seeing WQs grant 75 rep, knowing you need 21 THOUSAND to hit exalted" is not only omitting things (see above) but actually flat out wrong. As you in fact need 42 000 rep to exalted (3000 to friendly + 6000 to honored + 12 000 to revered + 21 000 to exalted)
    not to mention the mission table

Literally nobody :
    Blizzard :GNOMES but 10x uglier

Literally Alga: I still would make at least two Mechagnomes.

I was against mechagnomes but I like those customization options. I highly doubt I’d be a gnome, they don’t really look good with gear at all and I don’t like their animations+I doubt these would be able to be Paladins. Seems like a fine race to add though.

This does raise concerns however. I’m not sure how Armor will work on this race. If you equip armor will it just hide all of those extra robo pieces? I feel like its different from DiD/LFD that only have very small customization changes like hair or a tattoo, not an entire arm or head or ear piece. Like if you maxed out the customization you’d have two ear pieces, a jaw guard, goggles, robotic legs and wrench hands. Idk how armor would work with all that. I love that level of customization though, seems cool.

I’d still really like Ankoan/Jinyu, Vrykul, Sethrak or something like that for alliance. Even Lightforged undead would be nice. Something that’s actually new for Paladins alliance side would be really nice.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-24 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the mechagnome npcs have a unique voice, and it seems to continue blizzard's somewhat annoying trend with allied races of having an echo-y sound to their voice.
    Also the trend of the alliance getting 'upgrade' races instead of allied races that actually FEEL like unique cultures/peoples like the horde gets.
    thinly veiled high elf thread