Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Seeing WQs grant 75 rep, knowing you need 21 THOUSAND to hit exalted is just flat out enough for people to not do them. I think this is why Allied Races are so underrepresented. People do it though, and that's what Activision (I don't even say Blizzard anymore lmao) banks on. Nothing more than a number, they're all Time Played Metrics.
    After doing the quests for the zones on my Alt (still have a few wanted) and invasions, emissary, war campaign I only need about 10K more rep that is required to grind. The amount will very based on how long it takes you to do the quests and how many emissary and invasions fit in. My alt still has less then 2 days of /play time. The bad part really doesn't come into play until you hit the 12k into revered mark.

They could make it a non-issue if the rep from invasions is given in tokens rather then just 7th legion or Honorbound. I've already hit two paragon rewards with them. It isn't that bad of a thing to unlock them currently and is relatively easy to get by playing the game naturally. Isn't that the point of wanting to unlock the allied race though? Playing the game. You don't get anything special at end game for an allied race. So it isn't a big deal if you don't want to do content to unlock them if you wouldn't be doing that content anyways.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Im not blown away with them. Neither am i planning to play them as an allied race.

However if i had to choose between these and normal gnomes for a new(?) tinker class character, i would choose these.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Only thing that makes me doubt Mechagnomes at this point is they're attached to a neutral rep and the last 4 have had faction specific rep plus vulpera would be a faction specific rep.
    The four legion based allied races require exalted from neutral reps. That isnt a reason for them not to be allied races

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Don’t really see that being a big issue, the first four Allied Races were all tied to neutral reps.
    Yeah and then you had people whining that they were "betrayed" by nightborne/lightforged/highmountain as would be the case with the Rustbolt Resistence. I know it's not actually a big deal, despite the vocal minority, but it did seem like Blizzard was shifting to faction specific reps and the Legion themed races were just because there was nothing but neutral reps in Legion.

Edit: And at heart I still think we'll get them since ankoan are clearly not made to be playable and they'd be Alliance's only faction specific alternative since Kul Tiras is nothing but humans. I'm just in the denial stage of grief.
    Last edited by seleri; 2019-04-23 at 10:02 PM.

I would play one in an instant. However, I wish there were more options for a fully mechanical face with no skin showing, and I wish transmog would show up on their legs and arms. However, I'd definitely work around that.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

With the whole mechagnome aesthetic coming, what I’d prefer is the “junker look” would be unlocking additional customization for Goblins and Gnomes. Actual Mechagnomes, full on sentient robots from Northrend, would be the Allied Race for Gnomes and Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Fair enough, which is why I added "Just my personal take on this....."

- - - Updated - - -

Some WQ grant 125 rep. There are weeks with WQ's featured and extra rep. When emissaries are up, 4 quests in a zone reward an extra 1500 rep. With an assault in a zone, it is 500 rep on your continent. And before that, there are is all the rep you get by questing as you level (or even at 120)

This is no attempt to justify anything, just showing that by saying "Seeing WQs grant 75 rep, knowing you need 21 THOUSAND to hit exalted" is not only omitting things (see above) but actually flat out wrong. As you in fact need 42 000 rep to exalted (3000 to friendly + 6000 to honored + 12 000 to revered + 21 000 to exalted)
    not to mention the mission table

Literally nobody :
    Blizzard :GNOMES but 10x uglier

Literally Alga: I still would make at least two Mechagnomes.

I was against mechagnomes but I like those customization options. I highly doubt I’d be a gnome, they don’t really look good with gear at all and I don’t like their animations+I doubt these would be able to be Paladins. Seems like a fine race to add though.

This does raise concerns however. I’m not sure how Armor will work on this race. If you equip armor will it just hide all of those extra robo pieces? I feel like its different from DiD/LFD that only have very small customization changes like hair or a tattoo, not an entire arm or head or ear piece. Like if you maxed out the customization you’d have two ear pieces, a jaw guard, goggles, robotic legs and wrench hands. Idk how armor would work with all that. I love that level of customization though, seems cool.

I’d still really like Ankoan/Jinyu, Vrykul, Sethrak or something like that for alliance. Even Lightforged undead would be nice. Something that’s actually new for Paladins alliance side would be really nice.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-24 at 12:12 AM.

Can't say I'm too interested, even if they do add tinkers down the line. I want more augmentation options on the chest! You're telling me I can't have an Iron Man artificial heart in there? Come on, Blizzard! We're getting hide-basically-all, I want to use it!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Can't say I'm too interested, even if they do add tinkers down the line. I want more augmentation options on the chest! You're telling me I can't have an Iron Man artificial heart in there? Come on, Blizzard! We're getting hide-basically-all, I want to use it!
    Blizzard always seems to fall "just short" of some of their creative designs. Like the mechagnome option that covers head and eyes completely isn't paired with the jawline option. Why can't I have a fully mechanized gnome head?? Or just the jawline augment with the full head/eye cover?

But hopefully they realize it like they realized it with Male Kul'Tirans toward the end and we get those options!

If Blizzard's going to give us "upgrade" races then they need to go all in, not make a half-assed-almost-there-but-not-quite idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    /Shrug. Not happy with the game. Simple as that. Hence I'm critical. I think Allied Races are a cash grab scam of a system and just another example of taking something we normally got on day 1 away from us to then bring it back as a "feature".

They took a core feature and rep/timegated it and made levelling flat out worse in the hopes people would just race change or boost. Simple as that.
    Is it really though? Is it really simple as that?
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

This looks pretty fucking terrible. Put armor on the legs and arms and you have just a plain looking gnome. Good grief. At least there's Vulpera to look forward to.

/Shrug. Not happy with the game. Simple as that. Hence I'm critical. I think Allied Races are a cash grab scam of a system and just another example of taking something we normally got on day 1 away from us to then bring it back as a "feature".

They took a core feature and rep/timegated it and made levelling flat out worse in the hopes people would just race change or boost. Simple as that.
    They made leveling better and deliberately designed it to deter simply boosting to max (the racial armor sets).

So no, it's not simple as that, you're just being whiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They made leveling better and deliberately designed it to deter simply boosting to max (the racial armor sets).

So no, it's not simple as that, you're just being whiny.
    Nope. Made it worse in 7.3.5 then only adjusted the 60-80 values.

And please those Heritage armor sets are not a detractor. Most of them are hideous.

But yeah god forbid I want them to bring in actual new features instead of them taking core features away and timegating them.

Shame on me I expect what used to be a good developer/studio to make a good product!
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-24 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Mechagnome + old legs + old hands = gnome. how they can address this issue?
    These metal parts do enough difference. All I don't like is their animations. Original ones were not serious enough, so they should make some more stable and robotic movements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Personally I pass on that Allied race and will /popcorn on the shitstorm why we don't get Tinkers
    Be patient until Blizzcon 2019.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Made it worse in 7.3.5 then only adjusted the 60-80 values.
    If you think that the levelling experience prior to 7.3.5 was interesting or engaging, AT ALL, you are not worth conversing with.
    It takes a bit longer now yes, but at least it isn't the absolute brain dead content of before where you could literally pull EVERYTHING and just aoe them down.

The levelling is now far more streamlined, you actually have a tiny bit of danger, and you don't have to switch zones because of quests going grey.

If you don't like levelling, then fine you don't like levelling, but don't give us this shit about it being better before.
    It was faster before (by a few hours), not better.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    If you think that the levelling experience prior to 7.3.5 was interesting or engaging, AT ALL, you are not worth conversing with.
    It takes a bit longer now yes, but at least it isn't the absolute brain dead content of before where you could literally pull EVERYTHING and just aoe them down.

The levelling is now far more streamlined, you actually have a tiny bit of danger, and you don't have to switch zones because of quests going grey.

If you don't like levelling, then fine you don't like levelling, but don't give us this shit about it being better before.
    It was faster before (by a few hours), not better.
    No you don't. There's absolutely zero danger. Just stop....

10+ Year Old Account
    No you don't. There's absolutely zero danger. Just stop....
    Then feel free to pull everything like you would prior to 7.3.5.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Here's hoping Vulpera are neutral and mechagnomes are just customization options for gnomes. Doesn't look likely though, does it?
    I mean let’s be honest. If you look at Lightforged Draenei they are probably the 1 allied race that could have actually been a customization addition to regular Draenei with relative ease. LFD have no lore, no real backstory and the entire process of unlocking them was literally a regular Draenei turning into an LFD. They have a few extra tattoos and hairstyle options, that’s it. They added golden eyes to blood elves as customization and that’s the most noticeable difference going from Draenei to LFD.

So, with that in mind, I highly doubt they’d add all of this as customization options to current gnomes. These gnomes actually have a ton of options that make them look very different from regular gnomes (robotic jaw guard, goggles, robotic arms and legs, earpieces, etc).

On a sidenote I have no idea how LFD became an allied race as opposed to a customization option while broken were an obvious choice. They have rich lore, look physically different than all the other races and we just met a ton of them surviving on argus. The rep required for LFD was Argussian reach as well. Idk how blood elves got golden eyes as customization while Draenei got that same thing but marketed as a new race. Regardless, because of this there’s really no way this will be customization for gnomes. Would be cool tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This looks pretty fucking terrible. Put armor on the legs and arms and you have just a plain looking gnome. Good grief. At least there's Vulpera to look forward to.
    Yeah, that’s kind of the mantra for quite a few allied races so far on alliance side. Dark iron dwarves are the same way, LFDs are the biggest example of this. Dark irons have a lot of lore at least though while LFDs could’ve easily been extra customization for Draenei. .
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-24 at 06:22 AM.