Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Can't say I'm too interested, even if they do add tinkers down the line. I want more augmentation options on the chest! You're telling me I can't have an Iron Man artificial heart in there? Come on, Blizzard! We're getting hide-basically-all, I want to use it!

  2. #122
    Pandaren Monk FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Can't say I'm too interested, even if they do add tinkers down the line. I want more augmentation options on the chest! You're telling me I can't have an Iron Man artificial heart in there? Come on, Blizzard! We're getting hide-basically-all, I want to use it!
    Blizzard always seems to fall "just short" of some of their creative designs. Like the mechagnome option that covers head and eyes completely isn't paired with the jawline option. Why can't I have a fully mechanized gnome head?? Or just the jawline augment with the full head/eye cover?

    But hopefully they realize it like they realized it with Male Kul'Tirans toward the end and we get those options!

    If Blizzard's going to give us "upgrade" races then they need to go all in, not make a half-assed-almost-there-but-not-quite idea.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    /Shrug. Not happy with the game. Simple as that. Hence I'm critical. I think Allied Races are a cash grab scam of a system and just another example of taking something we normally got on day 1 away from us to then bring it back as a "feature".

    They took a core feature and rep/timegated it and made levelling flat out worse in the hopes people would just race change or boost. Simple as that.
    Is it really though? Is it really simple as that?
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

    We see you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

  4. #124
    The Lightbringer Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,272
    This looks pretty fucking terrible. Put armor on the legs and arms and you have just a plain looking gnome. Good grief. At least there's Vulpera to look forward to.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    /Shrug. Not happy with the game. Simple as that. Hence I'm critical. I think Allied Races are a cash grab scam of a system and just another example of taking something we normally got on day 1 away from us to then bring it back as a "feature".

    They took a core feature and rep/timegated it and made levelling flat out worse in the hopes people would just race change or boost. Simple as that.
    They made leveling better and deliberately designed it to deter simply boosting to max (the racial armor sets).

    So no, it's not simple as that, you're just being whiny.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They made leveling better and deliberately designed it to deter simply boosting to max (the racial armor sets).

    So no, it's not simple as that, you're just being whiny.
    Nope. Made it worse in 7.3.5 then only adjusted the 60-80 values.

    And please those Heritage armor sets are not a detractor. Most of them are hideous.

    But yeah god forbid I want them to bring in actual new features instead of them taking core features away and timegating them.

    Shame on me I expect what used to be a good developer/studio to make a good product!
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-24 at 05:24 AM.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Mechagnome + old legs + old hands = gnome. how they can address this issue?
    These metal parts do enough difference. All I don't like is their animations. Original ones were not serious enough, so they should make some more stable and robotic movements.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Personally I pass on that Allied race and will /popcorn on the shitstorm why we don't get Tinkers
    Be patient until Blizzcon 2019.
    I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

  8. #128
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nope. Made it worse in 7.3.5 then only adjusted the 60-80 values.
    If you think that the levelling experience prior to 7.3.5 was interesting or engaging, AT ALL, you are not worth conversing with.
    It takes a bit longer now yes, but at least it isn't the absolute brain dead content of before where you could literally pull EVERYTHING and just aoe them down.

    The levelling is now far more streamlined, you actually have a tiny bit of danger, and you don't have to switch zones because of quests going grey.

    If you don't like levelling, then fine you don't like levelling, but don't give us this shit about it being better before.
    It was faster before (by a few hours), not better.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    If you think that the levelling experience prior to 7.3.5 was interesting or engaging, AT ALL, you are not worth conversing with.
    It takes a bit longer now yes, but at least it isn't the absolute brain dead content of before where you could literally pull EVERYTHING and just aoe them down.

    The levelling is now far more streamlined, you actually have a tiny bit of danger, and you don't have to switch zones because of quests going grey.

    If you don't like levelling, then fine you don't like levelling, but don't give us this shit about it being better before.
    It was faster before (by a few hours), not better.
    No you don't. There's absolutely zero danger. Just stop....

  10. #130
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No you don't. There's absolutely zero danger. Just stop....
    Then feel free to pull everything like you would prior to 7.3.5.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Here's hoping Vulpera are neutral and mechagnomes are just customization options for gnomes. Doesn't look likely though, does it?
    I mean let’s be honest. If you look at Lightforged Draenei they are probably the 1 allied race that could have actually been a customization addition to regular Draenei with relative ease. LFD have no lore, no real backstory and the entire process of unlocking them was literally a regular Draenei turning into an LFD. They have a few extra tattoos and hairstyle options, that’s it. They added golden eyes to blood elves as customization and that’s the most noticeable difference going from Draenei to LFD.

    So, with that in mind, I highly doubt they’d add all of this as customization options to current gnomes. These gnomes actually have a ton of options that make them look very different from regular gnomes (robotic jaw guard, goggles, robotic arms and legs, earpieces, etc).

    On a sidenote I have no idea how LFD became an allied race as opposed to a customization option while broken were an obvious choice. They have rich lore, look physically different than all the other races and we just met a ton of them surviving on argus. The rep required for LFD was Argussian reach as well. Idk how blood elves got golden eyes as customization while Draenei got that same thing but marketed as a new race. Regardless, because of this there’s really no way this will be customization for gnomes. Would be cool tho.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This looks pretty fucking terrible. Put armor on the legs and arms and you have just a plain looking gnome. Good grief. At least there's Vulpera to look forward to.
    Yeah, that’s kind of the mantra for quite a few allied races so far on alliance side. Dark iron dwarves are the same way, LFDs are the biggest example of this. Dark irons have a lot of lore at least though while LFDs could’ve easily been extra customization for Draenei. .
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-24 at 06:22 AM.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Also the trend of the alliance getting 'upgrade' races instead of allied races that actually FEEL like unique cultures/peoples like the horde gets.
    yeah, it's funny how only the highmountain really work that way for horde. even then, they're a unique tauren culture with some different customs.

    guess you could say the same for dark irons for alliance though.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Also the trend of the alliance getting 'upgrade' races instead of allied races that actually FEEL like unique cultures/peoples like the horde gets.
    I'm really bitter about this.

    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yeah, it's funny how only the highmountain really work that way for horde. even then, they're a unique tauren culture with some different customs.

    guess you could say the same for dark irons for alliance though.
    Highmountain did get a lot whole culture that makes them a little apart from other tauren. Eagle-riding, river magic, drogbar allies, a black dragon sage, interesting characters like Lasan, Jale and Navarrog... I say that the highmountain are so interesting that they are being underutilized in BfA.

    And dark irons are also a classic race that we have a long history with, it's not something Blizzard pulled out of nowhere.

    But the rest of the Alliance allied races... They are just small groups of "normal race enhanced by something" and had no sufficient development or exposure before they were made playable. Lightforged barely got any spotlight, even in Argus they were just our sidekicks and were never explored deeply. Void elves are a joke of a race, literally pulled out of nowhere and barely fleshed out. For someone who likes lore, it's really hard to connect with both of them.

    At least the junkers will get some time to shine. Who knows, maybe they are charismatic and interesting lorewise, but I really doubt there'll be a lot of people interested in playing them. Kul tiran numbers pale in comparison with Zandalari nowadays, and no one can't say kul tirans weren't fleshed out well nor that they are a copy-paste race.

    I don't mind getting some niche races. Everything has some fans, after all. But, when all we get are niche races, it's really frustrating. How come Alliance has four (soon five) races and I can't get excited for any of them?
    Not a native english speaker, so pardon my typos and grammar errors.

  14. #134
    I personally like them. Always liked the Gnomes. I had a Gnome Lock and Rogue in Vanilla when i still played Alli. I'd probably make one. I hope that their Heritage Armor has several tints.
    Because it would be cool if the armor pieces all have turning gears and such on them. So that, if you wear the full set you'll look 100% robo Gnome.

    Besides, Gnome fans deserve a little love. They're literally been ignored since Vanilla. I loved seeing Gelbin running around in his Mech blasting fools.
    Yohohoho

  15. #135
    The Lightbringer Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Yeah, that’s kind of the mantra for quite a few allied races so far on alliance side. Dark iron dwarves are the same way, LFDs are the biggest example of this. Dark irons have a lot of lore at least though while LFDs could’ve easily been extra customization for Draenei. .
    I know that, and I kind of saw this retort coming and was going to preface my opinion with a rebuttal, but decided to wait if anyone would bring it up. Yeah, LF Draenei are like pretty much just regular draenei with tattoos. But that doesn't bother me because unlocking them was so easy, I practically did it while unlocking Void Elves, so it was like a free bonus. Dark Iron Dwarves look vastly different than their Bronzebeard brothers, at least to me, looking at a DI Dwarf is just badass, it's a total re-skin. Maybe I'm biased because I like DI Dwarf lore so much and find their look very distinct. It's why I preferred getting them over tattooed dwarves.

    The thing with gnomes is, gnomes are like the least playable race on the alliance. So while the Horde gets a complete new race that just shares the Goblin rig, the alliance, for their least played race, gets the same race with metal arms and legs that will be covered up by pants and sleeves anyway. For me, it's hard to get excited for. Vulpera obviously required much more work than Mecha Gnomes.

  16. #136
    Pandaren Monk FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Besides, Gnome fans deserve a little love. They're literally been ignored since Vanilla. I loved seeing Gelbin running around in his Mech blasting fools.
    This is completely true, let me start there.

    But I find it hilarious nonetheless, because if you try and take this attitude to Horde side and say Goblin fans deserve a little love and haven't had much then you'll get shit on by all the Vulpera fans who want to have incoming Vulpera.

    Let's all be honest with each other, Horde getting Vulpera as a "goblin's Allied Race" is very one-sided compared to Mechagnomes as a "gnome's Allied Race".

    Few people, if any, are going to defend receiving something like Gilbins over Vulpera. Whereas it's very obvious the majority of people are not excited for Mechagnomes yet we see more people coming to their defense than those that would come to defend Gilbins over Vulpera.

    My take is that whenever the community sees that something is going to inevitably be added into the game, then support for it increases not just by the fans of that addition, but by those that know it's going to come into the game anyway so might as well accept it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    with metal arms and legs that will be covered up by pants and sleeves anyway.
    Blizzard in their most recent Q&A I believe said tmog options to hide everything but pants is incoming with 8.2 (or maybe 8.2.5). People now see it's probably because of a race like mechagnome that they decided to go ahead and allow this. Now Mechagnomes, along with other races with tattoos customization will get to show them off.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    This is completely true, let me start there.

    But I find it hilarious nonetheless, because if you try and take this attitude to Horde side and say Goblin fans deserve a little love and haven't had much then you'll get shit on by all the Vulpera fans who want to have incoming Vulpera.

    Let's all be honest with each other, Horde getting Vulpera as a "goblin's Allied Race" is very one-sided compared to Mechagnomes as a "gnome's Allied Race".

    Few people, if any, are going to defend receiving something like Gilbins over Vulpera. Whereas it's very obvious the majority of people are not excited for Mechagnomes yet we see more people coming to their defense than those that would come to defend Gilbins over Vulpera.

    My take is that whenever the community sees that something is going to inevitably be added into the game, then support for it increases not just by the fans of that addition, but by those that know it's going to come into the game anyway so might as well accept it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Blizzard in their most recent Q&A I believe said tmog options to hide everything but pants is incoming with 8.2 (or maybe 8.2.5). People now see it's probably because of a race like mechagnome that they decided to go ahead and allow this. Now Mechagnomes, along with other races with tattoos customization will get to show them off.

    It wouldn't surprise me if Mechagnomes get added that they will be allowed to hide trousers. Not a racial, just an option they get specially so the mechanical legs can be made visible.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Then feel free to pull everything like you would prior to 7.3.5.
    Don't know about other classes/specs, but I'm leveling Arms Warrior right now and pull 6 to 8 mobs at a time and I'm perfectly fine. Don't know what difficulty you believe there to be, but you're greatly exaggerating it's existence. The only difficulty in leveling right now is actually finding another person for a group quest or coming across a poorly balanced quest due to the scaling.
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of these forums, turns me into an argumentative ass.

    To most of you, I apologize in advance. I will attempt to be nicer.

    To the High Elfers out there... If it doesn't workout how you believe/want don't try to paint Blizzard as the bad guy for your own hype building.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    This is completely true, let me start there.

    But I find it hilarious nonetheless, because if you try and take this attitude to Horde side and say Goblin fans deserve a little love and haven't had much then you'll get shit on by all the Vulpera fans who want to have incoming Vulpera.

    Let's all be honest with each other, Horde getting Vulpera as a "goblin's Allied Race" is very one-sided compared to Mechagnomes as a "gnome's Allied Race".

    Few people, if any, are going to defend receiving something like Gilbins over Vulpera. Whereas it's very obvious the majority of people are not excited for Mechagnomes yet we see more people coming to their defense than those that would come to defend Gilbins over Vulpera.

    My take is that whenever the community sees that something is going to inevitably be added into the game, then support for it increases not just by the fans of that addition, but by those that know it's going to come into the game anyway so might as well accept it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Blizzard in their most recent Q&A I believe said tmog options to hide everything but pants is incoming with 8.2 (or maybe 8.2.5). People now see it's probably because of a race like mechagnome that they decided to go ahead and allow this. Now Mechagnomes, along with other races with tattoos customization will get to show them off.
    I would personally favor the Vulpera. Even though i like Goblins, Gilblins are just dumber(in Lore, not as in my opinion) water Goblins. Now true, they might get some big developments in 8.2, bit at the moment they're really not that interesting to me. What i like about Warcraft Gobos is how crazy and explosive they are, while also being greedy Brooklyn accent having little shits. Gilblins where literally stripped of all their personality.
    Yohohoho

  20. #140
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Don't know about other classes/specs, but I'm leveling Arms Warrior right now and pull 6 to 8 mobs at a time and I'm perfectly fine. Don't know what difficulty you believe there to be, but you're greatly exaggerating it's existence. The only difficulty in leveling right now is actually finding another person for a group quest or coming across a poorly balanced quest due to the scaling.
    Prior to 7.3.5 you could literally chain pull absolutely everything in the area while in heirlooms.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •