Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mechagnome Customization Options Video

Is there any reason to still think Mechagnomes are not going to become allied races with this ?

Course they will.

After you spend time farming pointless 75 rep a quest World Quests and doing a more than likely heavily timegated story.

Gotta take core features and gate them. That's the Blizzard way these days. And no just because they have the word "Allied" next to them doesn't make them any different from races.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Any chance for screen shots instead? Not a fan of videos.

I’m down. Robo....anything is something we really don’t have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Course they will.

After you spend time farming pointless 75 rep a quest World Quests and doing a more than likely heavily timegated story.
    Well , that 's how it 's been for allied races since pre-BfA patch , so , yeah

also Eleccy , your recent transition to self - style yourself as a WoW hater is very unbecoming

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Any chance for screen shots instead? Not a fan of videos.
    Out of my expertise unfortunately , but the video goes straight into the customizing options so you don 't have to really scroll thru any

Mechagnome + old legs + old hands = gnome. how they can address this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post

also Eleccy , your recent transition to self - style yourself as a WoW hater is very unbecoming
    /Shrug. Not happy with the game. Simple as that. Hence I'm critical. I think Allied Races are a cash grab scam of a system and just another example of taking something we normally got on day 1 away from us to then bring it back as a "feature".

They took a core feature and rep/timegated it and made levelling flat out worse in the hopes people would just race change or boost. Simple as that.

Out of my expertise unfortunately , but the video goes straight into the customizing options so you don 't have to really scroll thru any
    Is stating facts considered hating now? Seems like you hate it too

If people are still saying Vulpera aren't gonna happen, I'd imagine people will refute Mechagnomes as well, until they're formally announced. If they're playable, I hope they add a "color" option to the prosthetics, since transmog the transmog potential will already be hindered by the lack of gloves/boots/pants/arms.

That said, if they're not an allied race, I really hope they make those hairstyles unlockable for regular gnomes. That Dr. Robotnik mustache on the male is magnificent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Is stating facts considered hating now? Seems like you hate it too
    You make no sense

You make no sense
    Heh wtf lol.

My opinion is just that. I don't think I've ever thought of it as fact.

5+ Year Old Account
    /Shrug. Not happy with the game. Simple as that. Hence I'm critical. I think Allied Races are a cash grab scam of a system and just another example of taking something we normally got on day 1 away from us to then bring it back as a "feature".

They took a core feature and rep/timegated it and made levelling flat out worse in the hopes people would just race change or boost. Simple as that.
    8 different races (so far) in the timespan that we would get 1 or 2 new races at a time. While people argue about the same-ness of some races over others, we also got some completely unique models (Kul'Tiran, Zandalari male, Nightborne) out of it as well. And we know more are going to be released before 9.0.

This feature isn't anything we've had in the past. Not sure how it can be seen as a "scam" when it probably took just as much work or more.

I'd also go out on a limb and say people care more about having more race options than new starting zones, but that's just an opinion without evidence. Not that the reverse can be proved either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is not worse. You are not encourage to race change or level boost allied races as you loose out on heritage armor. The game actually encourages you to level the allied races because of rewards. Its great and all that you are jaded and the latest super hater on these forums. But don't try to claim things that are not true.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Wow. I didn't realize they had that many customization options. Yeah, if I were a betting person, I'd be betting on mechagnomes as an allied race. The question at this point is if blizzard is going to introduce more than two allied races at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    8 different races (so far) in the timespan that we would get 1 or 2 new races at a time. While people argue about the same-ness of some races over others, we also got some completely unique models (Kul'Tiran, Zandalari male, Nightborne) out of it as well. And we know more are going to be released before 9.0.

This feature isn't anything we've had in the past. Not sure how it can be seen as a "scam" when it probably took just as much work or more.

I'd also go out on a limb and say people care more about having more race options than new starting zones, but that's just an opinion without evidence. Not that the reverse can be proved either.
    Yes it is. They were called races. These are just races that had less time put into them since most use existing skins/models (except maybe KT and Zandalari).

There is absolutely no reason to rep/timegate these and "earning their trust" is just a bs lore reason.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is. They were called races. These are just races that had less time put into them since most use existing skins/models (except maybe KT and Zandalari).

There is absolutely no reason to rep/timegate these and "earning their trust" is just a bs lore reason.
    They're called Allied Races. The adjective matters otherwise no one's gonna know who you're talking about if you just start saying "these elves suck" with however many are in the game for instance.

They each have different looks, different racials, get a unique mount, character customizations, and tabard
    , as well as unique heritage armor should someone level one up. The last bit being something even original starting races are getting because of how extra that is for Allied Races.

But yeah, go ahead and downplay a feature that's been the biggest hit since probably transmog got added.

People love to customize their characters and this feature is one of the best things for it.

They're called Allied Races. The adjective matters otherwise no one's gonna know who you're talking about if you just start saying "these elves suck" with however many are in the game for instance.

They each have different looks, different racials, get a unique mount, character customizations, and tabard
    , as well as unique heritage armor should someone level one up. The last bit being something even original starting races are getting because of how extra that is for Allied Races.

But yeah, go ahead and downplay a feature that's been the biggest hit since probably transmog got added.

People love to customize their characters and this feature is one of the best things for it.
    No it doesn't.

They are races. It's not a new feature. It's taking an existing one and gating it under the guise of a new feature. Sorry you can't see that I guess.

The feature deserves downplaying when it's a scummy one.

The feature is literally Races with a word plopped next to "Races".

5+ Year Old Account
    No it doesn't.

They are races. It's not a new feature. It's taking an existing one and gating it under the guise of a new feature. Sorry you can't see that I guess.

The feature deserves downplaying when it's a scummy one.
    No sweat off my back if you can't enjoy more of a good thing.

No sweat off my back if you can't enjoy more of a good thing.
    No sweat off mine either if you can't see they just took a core feature and gated it to keep people on a sub hook or paying for boosts/race changes.

But sure say them going cash grab on a core feature is a "good thing". I'm sure BFA is a good thing when the majority are leaving the expansion.

Anyway laters.

15+ Year Old Account
    No sweat off mine either if you can't see they just took a core feature and gated it to keep people on a sub hook or paying for boosts/race changes. Guess we even then.
    Just like everything in WoW. Everything is designed to get you play the game and keep an active subscription going. Breaking news water is wet!
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."