Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Vulpera will never become an Allied Race, because they're a unique race. So far all Allied Races were reskins and I guess that's how it'll stay.

They will only ever add the Vulpera as a regular race and assuming they'll be a Horde race, then they'll also have to give to the Alliance a unique race.

Mechagnomes make a lot of sense as an Alliance Allied Race and the Horde might as well get Giblins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Yeah but Vulpera actually look new... Mechagnomes are just regular-ass boring gnomes with mechanical arms and legs...
    And that's why they're not adding Vulperas as an Allied Race, because that's not the point of this system. Players were always asking for subraces and Blizzard's answer to that are Allied Races: subraces that you can unlock.

If they will ever add Vulpera, then they'll be a normal race

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They way AR integrate into the game is utterly nonsensical. You need a max level character to grind out some rep and then when you finally unlocked the content you are supposed to throw away that character and start over or hand Blizzard a load of cash to make use of your new allied race. How you twits can keep defending this practice purely based on your misguided and pathetic sense of pride derived from a purely time wasting activity is just beyond me. Are your lives really that devoid of accomplishments that you crave these non-achievments?
    First, your opinion. Second, no one says you have to throw away the max level character and start over, and if a race change costs a "load of cash" you have other problems. Besides if it was a cash grab they wouldn't have made race changing nullify getting the transmog. Third, calling someone names for having a different opinion than you means you've already lost the argument. Fourth, it's a video, everything in it is a time wasting activity. Fifth, another personal attack, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but Vulpera actually look new... Mechagnomes are just regular-ass boring gnomes with mechanical arms and legs...
    Vulpera literally use the goblin skeleton. Even use the same animations.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Vulpera will never become an Allied Race, because they're a unique race. So far all Allied Races were reskins and I guess that's how it'll stay.

And that's why they're not adding Vulperas as an Allied Race, because that's not the point of this system. Players were always asking for subraces and Blizzard's answer to that are Allied Races: subraces that you can unlock.
    I recall Blizzard specifically saying when allied races were announced that the reason they're called allied races and not simply sub races is that they wanted to leave room for entirely new races.

Hell, Kul'tirans might as well be a new race as they have their own unique skeleton for animations whereas Vulpera are built on the goblin skeleton but have some added unique animations.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

They will only ever add the Vulpera as a regular race and assuming they'll be a Horde race, then they'll also have to give to the Alliance a unique race.

Mechagnomes make a lot of sense as an Alliance Allied Race and the Horde might as well get Giblins.

- - - Updated - - -

If they will ever add Vulpera, then they'll be a normal race
    Doubt it.. Zandalari and Kul Tiran were also unique models.
    Plus, check out the Brewfest-Vulpera icon :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    First, your opinion. Second, no one says you have to throw away the max level character and start over, and if a race change costs a "load of cash" you have other problems. Besides if it was a cash grab they wouldn't have made race changing nullify getting the transmog. Third, calling someone names for having a different opinion than you means you've already lost the argument. Fourth, it's a video, everything in it is a time wasting activity. Fifth, another personal attack, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Vulpera literally use the goblin skeleton. Even use the same animations.
    But still have a different final rig due to the tail.
    And they also have different animations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    One reason would be that gnomes are not popular as a race?

Then again it could be an option to make them more popular

Personally I pass on that Allied race and will /popcorn on the shitstorm why we don't get Tinkers
    Who says we don't get Tinkers? They could be released together with the Junk Gnomes, also doesn't horde and alliance get rep for them? Maybe like Pandas you get to choose horde or alliance??

Doubt it.. Zandalari and Kul Tiran were also unique models.
    Plus, check out the Brewfest-Vulpera icon :-)

But still have a different final rig due to the tail.
    And they also have different animations.
    I'm not sure about all of them but the female vulpera share melee attack and /cheer animations at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No sweat off mine either if you can't see they just took a core feature and gated it to keep people on a sub hook or paying for boosts/race changes.

But sure say them going cash grab on a core feature is a "good thing". I'm sure BFA is a good thing when the majority are leaving the expansion.

Anyway laters.
    Who are you, HvBF? Boohoo, big evil company prioritizes making money over the spirit of gaming. Don't get me wrong, I am also not enamoured with things such as pathfinder and I highly dislike p2w games (which wow is not), but acting like allied races are not a very successful feature is just being a hater for the sake of hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Vulpera are reskinned Goblins...same rig, same animations. No problem with them becoming an AR. And "unique"? Nightborne are unique, Kul'Tirans are unique, Zandalari are unique. Not sure what you want to say. They look very different than all other races but share animations (except Kul'Tirans) with other races.
    Kul'Tirans even have a different rig and new animations...if that isn't unique, I don't know...
    Are Nightborne really different? I thought they were just Nelfs

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post

Is there any reason to still think Mechagnomes are not going to become allied races with this ?
    Well Vulpera were leaked as confirmed for horde with the recent PTR data mine so one would assume so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Are Nightborne really different? I thought they were just Nelfs
    They use a modified rig with new animations.

While I would've preferred actual mechagnomes, after seeing all the customization options for these junker gnomes, they're starting to grow on me.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about all of them but the female vulpera share melee attack and /cheer animations at the very least.
    True, but just check out the sleep-aimation for example

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    No, I've always believed they'd be introduced as allied races. I do not believe they'll be introduced as Tinker class though.
    I would agree with you if there were no Tinkers in Island expeditions and as followers besides the regular classes.
    Also blizzard often says "only if it makes sense" and it does if they introduce the Rustbolt Gnomes as a playable option.

Also Tinkers is a regular requested class, it might cause a surge or atleast stop the decline in subs if they add them now.

I, too am tired of timegated stuff.

Three tiers of raids at launch please and thank you.

But on topic; Since Blizzard has stated they were "testing" the Vulpera since before launch to add NPC variety, we never had clues they intend to be an allied race, Mechagnomes may just be another in the line of said NPC varieties.

Now, not saying this cannot be undone. With such a system, Blizz can just flip a metaphorical switch and make them AR down the road. But for me, going to err on the side of them not being an AR within the realm of BFA.

I'm hopeful they wouldn't be dumb enough to pair mechagnomes with vulpera. With any luck they'll release four at once - Vulpera and something original (fingers crossed for Sethrak) and then mechagnome and another race variant for Horde, like gilgoblins.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess one can look at these things at whatever angle one choses....but to me an allied race has already an equivalent in game and it makes them more like a "sub-race" (no matter if the rig or animation is new or old)

Tauren / Highmountain Tauren
    Dwarves / DI dwarves
    Draenei / LF Draenei
    etc
    ...and so in the end, Nightborne are Elves, Kul Tiras are Humans and Zandalari are just another form of Trolls.

Vulpera might share a rig with goblins, but they look completely different (through a very different skin). So to me they would be a distinct and separate race (like Sethrak). Mechagnomes however would be an Allied Race.

Just my personal take on this.....
    The only real prerequisite for an Allied Race is "a playable race which is earned in game through reputation and questing".

Blizzard has not attached any other qualifiers, so anything else like "have to be a race variant and can't be a new race" or "have to use existing race models" is just people seeing trends and attaching their own assumptions.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    So what you're saying is you don't think you should have to play the game in order to get a reward in the game. You feel you should just be given it because you pay the sub. That's what you and Eleccy are saying. "We should get this for free, the fact we have to work for it makes it a scam/cash crab/mindless sub hook".
    No, I'm saying that it should be treated similar to how races were treated in the past. You buy the expansion, you get the race, simple. In this case, if you buy the expansion, you should get the allied race. The extra hoops that they're giving you to jump through are unnecessary and completely new. There was no precedent for this before allied races, therefore this is not the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Who says we don't get Tinkers? They could be released together with the Junk Gnomes, also doesn't horde and alliance get rep for them? Maybe like Pandas you get to choose horde or alliance??
    Alliance and Horde also had rep for the Nightfallen, but only the Horde wound up getting their butchered form as playable.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    One reason would be that gnomes are not popular as a race?

Then again it could be an option to make them more popular

Personally I pass on that Allied race and will /popcorn on the shitstorm why we don't get Tinkers
    This will not make them more popular.. gnomes suck.. I mean lets be honest.

I'd roll one and name it "Cliffsteele".

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechagnome Robo-Druid please blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post

Is there any reason to still think Mechagnomes are not going to become allied races with this ?
    Yes, Blizzard might just be done with Allied Races for this expansion. The fact that they have customization options prooves nothing. The fact that you can browse them in character customization screen prooves nothing, it's quite easy to set up a private server and mod the game to show any races as playable.

They are the most likely candidates to become one for the Alliance but I think Kul Tirans and Zandalari were the last ones for this expansion.