Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    True, but just check out the sleep-aimation for example
    Where do you suggest I go to see that? I can't recall ever seeing them lay down to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    No, I'm saying that it should be treated similar to how races were treated in the past. You buy the expansion, you get the race, simple. In this case, if you buy the expansion, you should get the allied race. The extra hoops that they're giving you to jump through are unnecessary and completely new. There was no precedent for this before allied races, therefore this is not the norm.

- - - Updated - - -

Alliance and Horde also had rep for the Nightfallen, but only the Horde wound up getting their butchered form as playable.
    Change. Is. Not. Bad. Saying "that's the way it's always been done so doing it a new way is bad" is a pretty blatant logical fallacy.

SWTOR had a similar thing with their unlockable races and I didn't see any complaining that "I should be able to play every race right from the start".

Here's some reading on the subject: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...edItNowItSucks
    Last edited by cparle87; 2019-04-25 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Prior to 7.3.5 you could literally chain pull absolutely everything in the area while in heirlooms.
    Still doesn't make leveling dangerous by any means. The only risks are quite literally attempting to solo a group quest or coming across a poorly balanced quest that was borked by the scaling.
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of these forums, turns me into an argumentative ass.

To most of you, I apologize in advance. I will attempt to be nicer.

To the High Elfers out there... If it doesn't workout how you believe/want don't try to paint Blizzard as the bad guy for your own hype building.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    The answer is there was no female model so they would have to whip one up. Even if they did, the females would be "rugged" looking based on the males and it seems most people don't want to play an ugly female character. Have you seen the female broken from the manga?
    No I don’t think I’ve ever seen that actually. I agree that nobody wants to play an ugly female character or an ugly character in general but honestly I think broken being “ugly” is what makes them different anyway. They’re already ugly, that’s what they’re supposed to be. I think there’d be a different standard here, not many seem to like playing as a fat ugly human but broken are an alien race that are deformed. It’s a part of their history and lore. LFD are just regular Draenei that go through a fairly quick process and become Lightforged. There’s not much of a difference outside of a few hairstyles, golden eyes, golden hooves and the choice of 1 forehead symbol all of which can’t be seen with gear on anyway.

The female models could definitely be something they didn’t want to have to make though. I don’t think them being ugly would stop people from playing them considering that’s just what they are and what they’re supposed to be so people would be willing to embrace that. KT females and KTs in general are held to a different standard imo.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-25 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Where do you suggest I go to see that? I can't recall ever seeing them lay down to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

Change. Is. Not. Bad. Saying "that's the way it's always been done so doing it a new way is bad" is a pretty blatant logical fallacy.

SWTOR had a similar thing with their unlockable races and I didn't see any complaining that "I should be able to play every race right from the start".

Here's some reading on the subject: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...edItNowItSucks
    You can check it out here!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    You can check it out here!
    That's really cool. Thanks.

The answer is there was no female model so they would have to whip one up. Even if they did, the females would be "rugged" looking based on the males and it seems most people don't want to play an ugly female character. Have you seen the female broken from the manga?
    If you could share the picture of them that’d be great I can’t seem to find it. I agree it’s a whole gender of a species they’d have to develop. I’m sure blizzard wouldn’t have made them super ugly though, probably hunched and thinned female Draenei with sharp teeth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    No I don’t think I’ve ever seen that actually. I agree that nobody wants to play an ugly female character or an ugly character in general but honestly I think broken being “ugly” is what makes them different anyway. They’re already ugly, that’s what they’re supposed to be. I think there’d be a different standard here, not many seem to like playing as a fat ugly human but broken are an alien race that are deformed. It’s a part of their history and lore. LFD are just regular Draenei that go through a fairly quick process and become Lightforged. There’s not much of a difference outside of a few hairstyles, golden eyes, golden hooves and the choice of 1 forehead symbol all of which can’t be seen with gear on anyway.

The female models could definitely be something they didn’t want to have to make though. I don’t think them being ugly would stop people from playing them considering that’s just what they are and what they’re supposed to be so people would be willing to embrace that. KT females and KTs in general are held to a different standard imo.
    High mountain got about the same treatment as LFD. They’re regular Tauren with antlers and tats instead of horns.

I think Blizzard could make female broken somewhat appealing, in an alien way. They are not bound by the comic, the game comes first. They can just take the female draenei model and apply changes similar to the males, while toning them down a bit to not be too unsettling. For instance: removing the nose, but not extending the mouth; reducing fingers to 3; Not multiplying tails; replacing normal hair for "hair" made of tick tentacles. And so on. Still feminine, still alien, but not ugly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    High mountain got about the same treatment as LFD. They’re regular Tauren with antlers and tats instead of horns.
    Highmountain got a lot of lore, at least. They may look like tauren, but they have several unique perks, like the eagle mounts, the river magic, the drogbar allies. You can tell stories with a tauren and a highmountain that make them feel different, and I think the highmountain are underutilized in BfA, as most of their unique aspects have not been presented so far.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    That's really cool. Thanks.
    Neat huh?
    They really make them feel unique, even though they share some animations..

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    If you could share the picture of them that’d be great I can’t seem to find it. I agree it’s a whole gender of a species they’d have to develop. I’m sure blizzard wouldn’t have made them super ugly though, probably hunched and thinned female Draenei with sharp teeth.

I realize Blizzard isn't bound by the manga and I'd love a more alien looking female model to play as, but I still think making female broken (ugly or not) would be too much work for what they want to do with an allied race. Pretty sure the work that went into Kul Tiran is an outlier and I wouldn't be surprised if they use them for a mok'nathal or some other allied race in the future to get their money's worth.

Broken draenei would be extremely unpopular and probably the ugliest race in the game, and not "strong, epic and ugly" like orcs or dwarfs, just old and deformed ugly.

At first i was not fan of the idea, as what was shown was a bit lackluster, but i think that they look cool in their own right, though i would still like some extra costumization (mainly for more mechanical chests and backs).

Also... this is something that bothers me with all Alliance allied race, that they are more than a culture than a race, and a culture that can be taken by other races, so... WHY DON'T THEY?!

Why don't we see Lightforged Humans (The humans see Turalyon with a lot of respect), why don't we get other races of the Alliance dwelving with the Void? (like the Dark Iron or Gnomes!), if these guys become a thing, why don't more Alliance races look for mechanisation (even if its just partial, like Dwarves!)

I realize Blizzard isn't bound by the manga and I'd love a more alien looking female model to play as, but I still think making female broken (ugly or not) would be too much work for what they want to do with an allied race. Pretty sure the work that went into Kul Tiran is an outlier and I wouldn't be surprised if they use them for a mok'nathal or some other allied race in the future to get their money's worth.
    Thanks for posting that! Ya know...they could probably use Fem Orc for the body. maybe hunch it a little like Female undead. change the face and add a tail or 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Broken draenei would be extremely unpopular and probably the ugliest race in the game, and not "strong, epic and ugly" like orcs or dwarfs, just old and deformed ugly.
    Undead are old and deformed ugly and are fairly popular.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Sure they would, but they've been one of the most requested allied races, and they've been requested as a subrace for years. It's time for them to be added.
    Cosmetics and Lore enthusiast
    Retail: Wyrmrest Accord (H), Moon Guard (A) | Classic: Bloodsail Buccaneers (A/H)

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Personally I don't consider Human "pretty"... are very generic as race... but my point is another: looking at statistics players prefer "pretty" races, so I don't understand why Blizzard spent time to introduce a race that will be barely represented.

Also, mostly of this “allied races” are just a customization options for already existing races. So, basically, to me its hard be excited for something that i don't like aesthetically (the model look very awkward because the disproportion about arms and legs) and as idea.

Instead to introduce new customizable options for our races, we got a customizable option as race. If you are happy for this, good for you... I'm not.

Horde with Nightborn and maybe Vulpera are new races... Alliance got nothing new.
    You originally complained about Alliance getting another "ugly" race. I simply pointed out that Alliance has more than double the "pretty" races that Horde has... so complaining about "ugly" mechagnomes is kind of void.
    That one misunderstands much... and underestimates more - Broxigar the Red Axe

It'd be nice if someone could make a thread about clockwork gnomes (or gnomes, period) without a bunch of outspoken children circle-jerking about how much they dislike gnomes. Just because clockwork gnomes are being made playable (if they are, it's not an entirely sure thing yet, technically) doesn't mean that they are being made playable instead of whatever concept you are personally obsessing over; i.e.: high elves (which are not being made playable regardless of what other races are added, sorry).

No one cares if you dislike gnomes or dislike this allied race concept. If people insist on complaining about them in every single thread they pop up in, it would be nice if they at least elaborated on why. For instance, you'd prefer traditional clockwork gnomes (i.e., from WotLK), as opposed to "omg i haet gnomz". Furthermore, don't presume to speak for anyone but yourself. Most people don't share in your irrational hatred of gnomes. Most people simply don't care about them either way.

The salt over this race is unreal.

On topic: Thanks, OP, for sharing the video on this. I'd been curious what customization they'd have, as well as whether this race actually had a real shot at being an allied race in the future. After seeing this, I'm feeling confident that Blizzard intends for them to be playable, as there has clearly been a lot of work put into the customization for them... though that begs the question as to why they haven't announced them yet for a 8.2.5 patch. Blizzard probably has a reason for this, but I'm not really in the mood to speculate about it right now.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-04-27 at 09:24 AM.