Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Spoilers] Tidestone Of Golganeth

I wonder how Maiev feels about it.

Probably salty

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we kinda just left it there, in that tomb.
    Kinda just... forgotten about it cause of the whole Argus thing.
    Honestly, we've only ourselves to blame.
    Or Khadgar.
    Let's blame Khadgar.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

She is busy killing Horde in Kalimdor, no time to think about that.

i don't think we just left the artifacts there unguarded.

i'm pretty sure the legionfall forces were to guard the temple as we dealt with the legion.

but if azshara's forces went in and killed the legionfall to get it, why leave the other artifacts? with all of them together, she could do anything she wants.

I always said my bank vaults is safer for any focusing iris/divine bell or artifact in that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't think we just left the artifacts there unguarded.

i'm pretty sure the legionfall forces were to guard the temple as we dealt with the legion.

but if azshara's forces went in and killed the legionfall to get it, why leave the other artifacts? with all of them together, she could do anything she wants.
    Nah clearly the Legionfall and Class Hall forces all went on immediate vacation following the death of Kil'jaeden and only the Champions and your Bodyguard stuck around during the Argus Campaign. They probably thought their job was done once we cleared the Tomb and that the Krokul and Army of Light were going to do the rest of the clean up. As for how Azshara got the Tidestone I'm expecting them to explain the theft as a Murloc did it.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

While I reckon we'll probably never get an explanation for her owning it, I'm atleast happy Blizzard remembered those ultra-powerful relics and are actually using them

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    While I reckon we'll probably never get an explanation for her owning it, I'm atleast happy Blizzard remembered those ultra-powerful relics and are actually using them
    the problem though, as always, is their execution "lets like, have azshara get the tidestone and make this big wall of water around nazjatar, that'd be cool" "yeah, lets do it"

that's all well and good, right? but there's 4 more artifacts there, with tremendous power, that would allow azshara to effectively be a god if she wields them all at once, or somehow takes their power. they just gloss over this fact, because that doesn't fit with their plot they've devised.

that's bad storytelling. you don't just gloss over things you don't need or want to use, that's unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the problem though, as always, is their execution "lets like, have azshara get the tidestone and make this big wall of water around nazjatar, that'd be cool" "yeah, lets do it"

that's all well and good, right? but there's 4 more artifacts there, with tremendous power, that would allow azshara to effectively be a god if she wields them all at once, or somehow takes their power. they just gloss over this fact, because that doesn't fit with their plot they've devised.

that's bad storytelling. you don't just gloss over things you don't need or want to use, that's unrealistic.
    While I don't disagree I prefer this half arse approach compared to never hearing from the pillars of creation again

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the Tidestone is child's play compared to the Eye of Aman'thul. Who knows what she can do with the Eye. Elisande was constrained since the Eye had to be used to power the Nightwell. Someone with Azshara's skills and resources, plus a fuckton of Azerite could possibly use the Eye to travel in time.
    Plot twist: Sylvanas took the rest so she can escape to alternate Quel'thalas in case of getting overthrown.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

My thought about this was just that all the people involved in the whole Legion campaign, which were a lot, all of the council of Dalaran, all of the order halls and lots of more people around the world, seemingly are dumb and useless if we or Khadgar aren't around. I mean... really? No one cared to do anything unless we did it ourselves? "The heroes will save us!" so everyone can stop using their brains and doing something themselves. I don't know, but a world like that deserves to go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god.

If Azhara could just run in and steal the Tidestone . . . that means someone else could run in and steal the Eye of Aman'thul. And while the Breach reopening is not as dangerous, some rogue bronze dragon or Azshara having the Eye of Aman'thul IS.
    Ding ding ding, next expansion right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Ding ding ding, next expansion right there.
    Iron naga?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine entering ToS with Khadgar, archmage and leader of a city that collects magical artifacts and has a special room JUST for this specific object, but said leader decides to leave it forgotten along with other powerful objects.

I was mostly thinking "Sylvanas frees Azshara and together they escape to Ancient Kalimdor, then invade us by turning the Well into a Time Portal!"
    Nah saronite scourge, blizzard has to capitalize in Arthas and the scourge cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The best time for the tidestone (and all other pillars) to have been stolen would have been during the Kil'jaeden encounter, as we were busy off-world and later teleported miles away from the broken shore. That said, it feels very weird to think that no one reacted to the pillars disappearing until one was used against us, and even after this we still don't know whether the other pillars got taken. Did the legionfall just Lock the doors to the tomb as we walked in and never looked inside again?

Oh gawd, what if Azshara breaks each pillar of creation down to its essence and puts it in some kind of stone...

And then collects all those stones and puts them together in some sort of glove, or gauntlet if you will...

Then she could snap her fingers and, oh lawd

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god.

If Azhara could just run in and steal the Tidestone . . . that means someone else could run in and steal the Eye of Aman'thul. And while the Breach reopening is not as dangerous, some rogue bronze dragon or Azshara having the Eye of Aman'thul IS.
    Rogue bronze, or an Infinite dragon. Which is probably how they'll lead into an Infinite expansion (since we're approaching the point in time the Infinites seem to originate from, hinted at by Kairoz going traitor and the Deaths of Chromie scenario).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Nah saronite scourge, blizzard has to capitalize in Arthas and the scourge cast.
    I know you're joking around, but wouldn't it be neat if we got a brutal Naxx40, Strat10, and Scholo10 Timewalking event to go with WC3 Reforged?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Rogue bronze, or an Infinite dragon. Which is probably how they'll lead into an Infinite expansion (since we're approaching the point in time the Infinites seem to originate from, hinted at by Kairoz going traitor and the Deaths of Chromie scenario).
    I'm not sure we should deal with the moment that the timeless flight is created. Witness it sure, but I don't think we should face them upon their creation because that is a gigantic can of timey wimey shit. If we kill New-Murozond, then would Older-Future-Murozond not be on the end time?, would we not have gone to the CoT to do our timey wimey protection stuff? I suppose WoD would be safe so long as we assume that Kairoz was indeed pre-corrupted and not a timeless dragon from the future...

Yeah, I prefer considering that we already completely dealt with the timeless threat in the future, and we just have an infinity of random timeless mob shenanigans to deal with that have "already happened" in the future before Murozond's downfall. This whole thing is such a mess.