Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
  1. #301
    It's going to be super easy this time around. There will be significantly less rogues doing 50 dps, druids not buying healing spells, etc., but there will be new problems. People will be less helpful, and once those good players get their gear, there just won't be people to run dungeons with. If you don't get into it at the right time, you'll be left behind. Ever tried to find an Uldir group in the last month? It'll be like that, but it's your only way to gear up.

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's going to be super easy this time around. There will be significantly less rogues doing 50 dps, druids not buying healing spells, etc., but there will be new problems. People will be less helpful, and once those good players get their gear, there just won't be people to run dungeons with. If you don't get into it at the right time, you'll be left behind. Ever tried to find an Uldir group in the last month? It'll be like that, but it's your only way to gear up.
    no one needs to run uldir to gear their alt or fill out their equipment because its handed to you at higher levels for the world/dungeon content once a new raid comes out. there was and always will be people progressing at different times in vanilla.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's going to be super easy this time around. There will be significantly less rogues doing 50 dps, druids not buying healing spells, etc., but there will be new problems. People will be less helpful, and once those good players get their gear, there just won't be people to run dungeons with. If you don't get into it at the right time, you'll be left behind. Ever tried to find an Uldir group in the last month? It'll be like that, but it's your only way to gear up.
    My PServer experience does not reflect that all. The opposite in fact, lot's of people spread between levels and helpful and nice, and I joined late (AQ patch).

  4. #304
    Unless they revert druid talents, it will be no vanilla at all.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's going to be super easy this time around. There will be significantly less rogues doing 50 dps, druids not buying healing spells, etc., but there will be new problems. People will be less helpful, and once those good players get their gear, there just won't be people to run dungeons with. If you don't get into it at the right time, you'll be left behind. Ever tried to find an Uldir group in the last month? It'll be like that, but it's your only way to gear up.
    Probably because we dont need to go there in order to gear up. We have BoD and world quests. Only reason to go into Uldir now is for the meta achiv.

    Thats probably one of the main issues with retail, invalidating "older" raids in the same xpac. We are all pushed into the same raid and WQs that drops good enough gear.

    Now it will be interesting to see if classic can retain enough players to keep the raids like MC active. Sure the first few months there will be enough players for everything, but whats the situation after 10 months?

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    no one needs to run uldir to gear their alt or fill out their equipment because its handed to you at higher levels for the world/dungeon content once a new raid comes out. there was and always will be people progressing at different times in vanilla.
    My hypothesis is that it won't be like this in Classic because there probably won't be waves of players. It will likely be 1 wave (of course people will level at different rates).

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Can you elaborate how? Since OOMkins had higher mana (afaik) cost on spells, no clearcasts mechanics nor mana taps? On a patchwerk as Mage you WOULD go OOM even with perfectly timed Mana pots, Robe of the archmage, evo and just switching to lower rank spells or scorch to keep ignite rolling? You cannot miracously shorten the fights by 20/30% based on the numbers we got in same gear, likely won't even shave 5% to make the fights that short to sustain the mana.
    Not to deflower your argument at its root, but boomkins had Omen of Clarity.

    And besides, the crux of the matter is that patch 1.12 was all but a TBC pre-patch. Aside from our numerical advantages, bosses will melt because we, as players, have become OP. Even Patchwerk will kneel and fart up his loot before that rando Feral Druid in your raid ever has to worry about anything.

    This kind of weird, twisted elitism is why we can't have an upgraded Vanilla experience in the first place.
    “The weak are always anxious for justice and equality. The strong pay no heed to either.” ― Aristotle
    Your signature is pending verification.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •