Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Druid tanking in vanilla has more problems than just "can't get uncrushable".
    That's what I was indicating, if poorly. You're the one that said that this "one fundamental flaw" is what prevented them from tanking (a "flaw" that still existed in TBC). It was probably a combination of not being uncrittable and uncrushable, one of which was fixed in TBC.

And no, Druids could not use potions in TBC either; they could use macros that could help them shift back quicker, but they still had to shift out.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    You're the one that said
    I didn't say that.

I didn't say that.
    Uh...

You're right.

I think we're in agreement otherwise, though.

There might be more druid tanks than vanilla but I'm fairly sure no good guild will use a druid tank for anything other than farm clears. The same as in vanilla each week we would let a different class try to tank Onyxia. I did it as shaman, we had mages, shadow priests etc tanking her. Its not a viable spec for anything serious though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please tell me how a Pally will Taunt

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Please tell me how a Pally will Taunt
    Does everyone with more threat than the pally dying count as a pally taunt?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not like it matters since it is impossible to quash the preconceived notions of blind mmo-c posters but here is a link that covers just about EVERYTHING involving feral tank capabilities. Sorry if it has already been linked but apparently MANY of you know very little about feral tanks and I know you will not read the info anyway but here it is in spite of your willful ignorance:

https://www.warcrafttavern.com/guide...ng-in-vanilla/
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I recall how rare it was to see Druid tanks in major raiding guilds, and offspecs/hybrids as well.

This time round willing to bet that will change. I think we will see people going for those specs and doing well -especially druid tanks.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ntent/35613/96

https://docs.google.com/document/u/2...CDZdxC7lEE/pub
    So a fury warrior takes less damage than a feral druid with tank talents... Also why spec into shield block talents over extra defense rating, when your dual wielding?

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Not like it matters since it is impossible to quash the preconceived notions of blind mmo-c posters but here is a link that covers just about EVERYTHING involving feral tank capabilities. Sorry if it has already been linked but apparently MANY of you know very little about feral tanks and I know you will not read the info anyway but here it is in spite of your willful ignorance:

https://www.warcrafttavern.com/guide...ng-in-vanilla/
    Taladril is a fanatical feral main, pretty much the druid equivalent of Killerduki. No shit he's going to be all "wahh feral is good, everyone is just dum!!!!" like you are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Taladril is a fanatical feral main, pretty much the druid equivalent of Killerduki. No shit he's going to be all "wahh feral is good, everyone is just dum!!!!" like you are.
    So what you are saying is, the stuff he is doing is special and is not possible for others? It is not only possible but EASY AF since there is a clear road map.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    So what you are saying is, the stuff he is doing is special and is not possible for others? It is not only possible but EASY AF since there is a clear road map.
    Already resorting to strawmans. Nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    Why is that doc comparing 2 things that should never be compared? Put a fucking shield on that warrior and the correct spec. The fuck is going on here?
    Only noobs play with shields. Good tanks use DPS gear to generate enough threat as not to hold back the damage dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Druids couldn't get unCRUSHable in TBC either.

Druids got UnCRITtable, in TBC at least, through a combination of +DEF items/gems and PvP Resilience.

And Druid tanks were far more common in TBC.
    Yeah, but what happened in The Burning Crusade expansion is irrelevant because this is a discussion about classic WoW, not TBC. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Already resorting to strawmans. Nice.
    There is NO strawman. The guide lays out EXACTLY what a feral tank is capable of and what it is not.

You are just being an inflammatory troll with your statement and it looks to me like you are saying only zealots/special people can make it work.
    Since all the work and research is done hence classic being well, classic...then WTF is your argument?!

It is NOT a stretch to feral tank at all! I will be feral tanking 5 and 10 man content for a great majority of my time...who knows, I may just off tank some raids.
    Honestly, I main healed for years as druid so I am leaning towards a 0/30/21 build so I can do some raid healing if I find the time. Most of what I will be doing will be outside raids, as will most and that is what makes all this endgame focus ridiculous.

NOBODY is saying a feral will be a guilds main raid tank. So many of you are acting like that is being argued. If not than what is the goddamn argument? Feral can tank content just fine and excel at much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah, but what happened in The Burning Crusade expansion is irrelevant because this is a discussion about classic WoW, not TBC. :/
    Sure. But “one fundamental flaw” isn’t what prevented Bears from main-tanking, because that flaw existed past Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    SHAMAN TANK HYPE!!!!!!!!!

No no, im just kidding, it will never work.
    Well I remember tanking SM as enha shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    You definitely can make it work if you throw enough effort, knowhow and consumables at a class.
    Due to Wolfshead, you can start fighting for top 5 DPS as a feral if the fight is short enough.

There was also a guy called Timecop on a certain non-Blizzard sanctioned realm that played a hunter and was always fighting for top 5 DPS spots aswell since he had a great understanding of the class and how to play it.

Druid tanks are, in theory, fine until you get crit twice in a row.
    That's mainly why people shy away from them even in current days as you can just get murdered outright if you've got some poor luck. Druids are great dungeon tanks thanks to being fucking incredible at burst threat however.
    If they bring back crit to tanks they are also bringing back defense capping so not sure why this would be a druid only issue. Also, having druid dungeon tank due to aoe aggro requires a really specific situation in vanilla as they had no aoe abilities in bear form. I remember using hurricane to pull 5 mans back then but the ability to do this is not always there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    If they bring back crit to tanks they are also bringing back defense capping so not sure why this would be a druid only issue. Also, having druid dungeon tank due to aoe aggro requires a really specific situation in vanilla as they had no aoe abilities in bear form. I remember using hurricane to pull 5 mans back then but the ability to do this is not always there.
    It's not, but warrior tanks can easily become uncrittable and uncrushable while also having other stats.
    Druids cannot.

Even if you stack random lvl 32 blues with +def on them to maybe reach uncrittable, you'll get trucked at any boss requiring resistance gear.
    And you still can get crushed through the floor as a druid.

Druid Tanking is great. It's a lot more threat and easier aoe than Warrior, but you take more damage. There are a lot of tryhards in this forum trying to claim that 440 defense is the reason Druids are not viable, but honestly in-practice no one ever has 440 defense... maybe some Naxx tanks but you'd be rage starving yourself. The real big player is lack of shield block, which means you're taking every hit and healers have to spend more mana on you (and you have to pop into elf/tauren form to drink a health pot or healthstone). But drudru tanks are definitely viable. A couple bosses are ill-advised for Druid tanks such as the drakes in BWL and 4 Horsemen since you only have 1 taunt and it can fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth View Post
    Well I remember tanking SM as enha shaman.
    Both Paladins and Shamans can 5 man tank in Vanilla, but without an actual Taunt, cannot Main Tank raids.
    Last edited by MatadorMedia; 2019-04-24 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I recall how rare it was to see Druid tanks in major raiding guilds, and offspecs/hybrids as well.

This time round willing to bet that will change. I think we will see people going for those specs and doing well -especially druid tanks.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ntent/35613/96

https://docs.google.com/document/u/2...CDZdxC7lEE/pub
    I dont recall any of that. What i do recall is that my guild frequently used 2 druid tanks in raids, they were better choices than warriors on a couple of encounters aswell. We also did dual-wield fury tanking back then on farm content, it's not something that originated on private servers. Heck, we even had a couple of shamans tanking all of the 5mans and most of MC/BWL trash. We also had plenty of people playing hybrid dps like feral druid, shadow priest and shaman with sometimes great result (not above rogues, mages or furies tho).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It is possible with players having a higher skill cap than back in the day... and with a greater understanding of the game... that specs once considered to be "useless" can be made into usable and fun specs.
    The highest skilled/knowledgeable players i played with back then were easily above the highest skilled players i play with today. Not because the game was harder (it wasnt), but because it required more overall effort from the players.