Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    [Shadow] Auspicious Spirits nerf, what to expect?

    Hey there!

    With the newly announced nerf to Auspicious Spirits, what are the consequences? Will Spiteful Apparitions now be useless? If yes, what else to pick?

    What else is there to expect? How hard will this nerf cut into our damage?


    Please do not send me over to discord, I hate that app (in general), that's why I'm asking here.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Reaper0329's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    676
    According to this, it shouldn't be a big deal. Fairly small slap on the wrist nerf. I'm less concerned about this nerf than the fact that we're on their radar, so to speak.

    I main a Spriest and a DK in BfA. I am not known for good decisions.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper0329 View Post
    According to this, it shouldn't be a big deal. Fairly small slap on the wrist nerf. I'm less concerned about this nerf than the fact that we're on their radar, so to speak.

    I main a Spriest and a DK in BfA. I am not known for good decisions.
    Limit are currently doing mythic progression with 8 Shadow Priests :P

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Reaper0329's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Limit are currently doing mythic progression with 8 Shadow Priests :P
    lol That doesn't surprise me. Blizzard seems to have designed CoS for Spriests.

  5. #5
    Heh, same shit for who the hell remembers what time?

    1. Maybe you're bad in some encounters, but there will be others where you'll shine!
    2. You shine in those new encounters? Get a nerf, you dirty SPs!

    Yes, I get it SP is OP here, but isn't that what was promised? That we WILL be OP in some to compensate for all the shit with low build up and single target we have?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Heh, same shit for who the hell remembers what time?

    1. Maybe you're bad in some encounters, but there will be others where you'll shine!
    2. You shine in those new encounters? Get a nerf, you dirty SPs!

    Yes, I get it SP is OP here, but isn't that what was promised? That we WILL be OP in some to compensate for all the shit with low build up and single target we have?
    Let's be fair here. Shadow Priest is in top 4 in all fights in BOD and topping a lot of them by far. This is not about JUST being good for certain types of fights. Shadow Priests will still be very good after the "nerf" but currently they are overtuned.

  7. #7
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Darnassus
    Posts
    11,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Let's be fair here. Shadow Priest is in top 4 in all fights in BOD and topping a lot of them by far. This is not about JUST being good for certain types of fights. Shadow Priests will still be very good after the "nerf" but currently they are overtuned.
    The only BfDA fight that isn't a ranged DoT cleave is Mekkatorque, and we're middle of the pack on it. This is like 90% of a fight design issue and 10% a tuning issue, I think you're underestimating just how perfectly the fights in this tier have been built for Shadow, including in CoS.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2019-04-25 at 04:17 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  8. #8
    What to expect ? a big fat nerf, yet to come.

  9. #9
    The nerf itself is not a big deal whatsoever, but the fact that we have classes like SP that prioritizes secondary stats over primary one and titanforging is still in the game with no sign of reforging coming back is just disgusting, rng roulette at it's very finest

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    The nerf itself is not a big deal whatsoever, but the fact that we have classes like SP that prioritizes secondary stats over primary one and titanforging is still in the game with no sign of reforging coming back is just disgusting, rng roulette at it's very finest
    Can you name 1 spec in game with primary stats over secondary stats? Crying about overtuned specs like SP with problematic HIGH secondary scalling is questionable at best. That's like a pre-nerf DemoWL crying about haste beeing to good - go figure!
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Can you name 1 spec in game with primary stats over secondary stats? Crying about overtuned specs like SP with problematic HIGH secondary scalling is questionable at best. That's like a pre-nerf DemoWL crying about haste beeing to good - go figure!
    You either completely missed my point or felt like you had to say something just to oppose me, even if it sounded flat out dumb

  12. #12
    and we are back into shadow crash with 8.2

    was fun while it lasted.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    and we are back into shadow crash with 8.2

    was fun while it lasted.
    I don't think it was fun for anybody other than people who just rerolled a SP for the BoD patch

  14. #14
    Not having to use shadow crash was actually more fun for me personally, i dislike positional abilities in your normal rotation.

    Wish they just remade crash to something like cascade that only targeted people you were in combat with via only targeting those with your dots on or something, we have enough unintentional aoe as it is and i really miss that aspect of legions voidform. If i agro another neutral mob who was a fraction too close to my eruption one more time i think i am gonna snap. Like the shrine of the storm bubble crash thing, maybe a 1 second cast time and crash lands on everything you have dots on


    Hell i would love it more if it did 0 damage at all and was actually a mobility skill.
    Last edited by Yes but actually no; 2019-06-10 at 10:24 AM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    Hell i would love it more if it did 0 damage at all and was actually a mobility skill.
    SW: P is our mobility spell. DP was good, too. And the good ol days of Mind Spike procs... man, am I actually feeling nostalgic for MoP? Fuck me.

    OT: This is hot garbage. SC is my least favorite talent of all time. I just feel like I'm recreating this scene from Austin Powers each time I cast it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    SW: P is our mobility spell. DP was good, too. And the good ol days of Mind Spike procs... man, am I actually feeling nostalgic for MoP? Fuck me.

    OT: This is hot garbage. SC is my least favorite talent of all time. I just feel like I'm recreating this scene from Austin Powers each time I cast it.
    Sorry when i say mobility skill i mean it is an actual mobility skill like blink, heroic leap etc, not what we cast to fill globals as we move.
    I really miss WoD shadow, especially for pvp, most fun i have had in this game for probably a decade.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    Sorry when i say mobility skill i mean it is an actual mobility skill like blink, heroic leap etc, not what we cast to fill globals as we move.
    I really miss WoD shadow, especially for pvp, most fun i have had in this game for probably a decade.
    RIP reverse Life Grip.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    RIP reverse Life Grip.
    My personal favourite was mind blast glyph that would root people on crits, it has infuriated me every single time a destro warlock roots me ever since we lost that. Theirs has absolutely no requirements either, just an instant cast spell that has 2 charges and roots every time for 3 seconds, ours required crits and a cast time if for some reason you weren't playing cop. Nothing i wouldn't give for that glyph, cop, spectral guise and an actual heal back.

    You could walk into any fight and attempt to win in WoD, even if you were outnumbered you had a chance. Times change
    Last edited by Yes but actually no; 2019-06-10 at 10:30 PM.

  19. #19
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Darnassus
    Posts
    11,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    Not having to use shadow crash was actually more fun for me personally, i dislike positional abilities in your normal rotation.
    I highly recommend making a macro:

    /cast [@cursor] Shadow Crash

    It will make it so hitting your Shadow Crash button will throw it at your cursor point without the keyboard click -> mouse target -> mouse click, process we go through otherwise. Better to occasionally whiff a Shadow Crash because your cursor is off to the side than deal with that crap.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I highly recommend making a macro:

    /cast @cursor] Shadow Crash

    It will make it so hitting your Shadow Crash button will throw it at your cursor point without the keyboard click -> mouse target -> mouse click, process we go through otherwise. Better to occasionally whiff a Shadow Crash because your cursor is off to the side than deal with that crap.
    I am well aware of @cursor i use it for multiple things, including crash but i dislike positional abilities in your normal rotation.

    To be perfectly honest in pvp i mostly @Player it and be done with it, that's where the melee will be and who actually use it for its damage? we only pick it for the insanity gain let's be real.

    I wonder how many times a day curso and player get notifications that someone has mentioned them in a post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •