Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is this thing about "Construction" being a season in America?
    Roads are shit, mostly due to what we use here for road construction and general overuse due to no public transportation infrastructure. Chains on tires also fuck up roads big time.

Basically when its not frigid cold, snowing, flooding, or thunderstorms all road construction/repairs are done. So in areas with a prolonged winter all the road work is done in the 3-4 months of tolerable outdoor conditions. Basically if they aren't plowing they're patching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Almost can't wait to retire and move there Surprised about construction though.
    They have a limited amount of time for any road construction, and between the freeze/thaw and earthquakes the roads all need it every few years. So yeah, lots of it during the summer (and a bit of spring/fall, depending on conditions).

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Basically when its not frigid cold, snowing, flooding, or thunderstorms all road construction/repairs are done. So in areas with a prolonged winter all the road work is done in the 3-4 months of tolerable outdoor conditions. Basically if they aren't plowing they're patching.
    What he said, heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    We have 2 seasons in Northern MI

Winter and road construction.
    5 seasons in the lower half of Michigan....spring, summer, fall, winter and construction.

I cant imagine living in a place without all 4. Seasons are so refreshing. In Maryland, we can get all 4 in the same day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    We get 4 seasons here, though we joke and say the only two seasons we have are winter and construction. (Chicago specifically not Illinois)
    I'd agree with that. Plus like 2 weeks of spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Hawaii, New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, Florida = Hot

Alaska = Cold
    Most of Texas has the normal 4 seasons.

Only the most Southern areas like Kingsville and Brownsville don't but Kingsville is like the Serengeti and Brownsville is like a tropical rain forest so they have a dry and wet season.

Texas is just so large we have every type of environment.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spring, fire, winter, spring.

Honestly... I am fucking tired of 4 seasons. I live in the northeast, we get a pretty balanced 4 seasons months-wise.

What makes it so bad is the pollen outbreak, I live in "The Garden State." They don't call it that for no reason. So. Much. Pollen. Get like 1/4" of pollen on my car each morning, it fucks up peoples allergies so bad.

The snow is really bad here too because we don't have room to push snow away into. If you go to places like Rochester, NY... they have so much room to throw snow away that you barely feel affected by snow. But here in NJ?... If it snows so much as 3", people drive so bad. I don't get it. Invest in AWD/4x4 if you live up in 4 seasons, you dum-dums.

Everything is 60 years old and the 800 billion that Obama got to rebuild everything was squandered by his administration on stupid side projects that had nothing to do with construction.

By seasons, I mean what most people think of. Snow in winter, cool weather with lots of colorful leaves in the fall, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have 4 seasons in NC... although it feels like Summer is starting to cannibalize Spring and Fall. It's 87F today.

Everybody gets four seasons. They just differ less from each other. This thread is dumb.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Lived in North Texas, we'd get snow twice or three times every year, like 2-4 inches, always melted by the next day though. Kind of like summer here in Connecticut, it only lasts for a month max, and even then is pretty mild. Everywhere gets 4 seasons, maybe not Hawaii, but even then there's snow depending on elevation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Take a vacation to Riza they have summer all year long :-)
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I cant imagine living in a place without all 4. Seasons are so refreshing. In Maryland, we can get all 4 in the same day lol.
    I have lived in it my whole life and I hate it. Winter sucks after 18. Still have to go to work, chip ice off your windshield etc. Fall and spring it's not hot enough for water activities. Summer is great on days off sucks on work days. All my wish list locations with my company are warm dry non deep blue states... but good luck, everyone wants them.

Pretty much only south Florida and South California dont have distinct seasons, even in Georgia we got a dusting of snow each year.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2019-04-24 at 08:34 PM.

In San Diego we get May Gray, June Gloom, No Sky July, and sun the rest of the year. With a few exceptions such as this year. We practically did not see the sun in February and March of this year with weeks of rain on end.

We get a lot of rich people from Arizona buying houses in San Diego. During the summer, they would spend their time in San Diego. I guess to them San Diego summer is like Arizona winter or something to that effect.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2019-04-24 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calfornia is too large and diverse to sum up in one statement.

Some places get all 4 some get 2.

Because I am on the edge of a desert we joke that fall and spring last about 2 weeks.
    Summer can be very hot >110 degrees.
    Winter can be cold or you know 70.

You mean most states don't get four seasons like they do on the East Coast?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean Texas gets 4 seasons. Summer just lasts 7 months, Spring and Fall last about 1.5 months each, and winter gets about 2 months.
    Sounds like Calgary, except swap Winter and Summer.